Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    DC always finds a scapegoat for all the things they pull don't they.
    And golden age lois thing. If i am not mistaken or misremembered it, she almost married jor el once. Heck, held baby kal.
    Yeah and Lex went back tried to marry Lara once. Though I think these were more silver age stuff than golden age.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah and Lex went back tried to marry Lara once. Though I think these were more silver age stuff than golden age.
    Simpler times. I wonder what a timeline would look like with lex married to lara and lois married to jor el. Would we have a superman?would we have a lex Like Figure? Maybe it will be like some shonen with their children being bitter rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Okay after reading this thread here is my thoughts for those that are okay with this. There's this argument that this will make Jon more memorable, but to the contrary we've seen in seen in several cases that that is not true.
    I agree, but at this point, one wonders what the point of arguing is. Bendis is going to do what he will do, he's made it resoundingly clear that this isn't a trick, and he's not going to change his mind for anyone, certainly not because you outargued him on an internet forum he doesn't read. I suspect the vast majority of the people who are arguing this is fine just never really liked Jon very much anyway, so its pointless trying to convince most of them to dislike changing his character, since this could be an improvement from their perspective, or a way to get rid of him entirely (for the more vengeful).

It's just...not the move for me, and no, I'm not willing to give it a try anymore. I don't care for teenage Jon and I'm not interested in him or anything he does or will do. At this point it just makes me sad about losing a beloved character to see him. I suppose I could just do what SacredKnight does and choose to tolerate the comic while disliking some of the changes, but honestly, I'd rather just go and read things where I am enjoying myself rather than comics where I have to constantly remind myself not to feel bitter towards the author and to appreciate the good things he does. Marvel has Fantastic Four back and DC has "Shazam" and together, that should satisfy some of my desire to read about superhero families, so I think I'll go and read those instead (at least, that's what I should do; we'll see how well I can control my curiosity in the next couple weeks). I wish there were a good alternative to Supersons, but I can't really think of one, so I guess I'll just read to the end and hope for a touching finale.

I suppose that's just how things go sometimes; I suspect the people who hated the Superman family had to make a similar decision and now are finally getting their moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jared S View Post
    I suppose that's just how things go sometimes; I suspect the people who hated the Superman family had to make a similar decision and now are finally getting their moment.
    It's kind of bittersweet in that those people are finally getting on board with the Super-family, but it took giving many of the characters the idiot ball in order to do it. It's kind of like how people feel about Superior Spider-Man...which is considered the most successful Spidey story of the decade yet many also feel it treated the characters inappropriately in order to succeed.

This was the first issue by Bendis i really did NOT like. I may rethink collecting the Superman books now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think I'm really into where this is headed actually. Re-read #7 tonight and appreciated it much more. I can't wait for #8.