Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    CW's Elseworlds and Reign of the Supermen would argue otherwise. DC's books as a whole are suffering from mischaracterisation, but the outside mediums are doing fairly well.

But the source material..comics..should do better than outside media,and imo be held to a higher standard.

Out of character ,and pacing(to slow and to fast,sometimes in the same issue)

Fix those problems and this would be awesome,not just interesting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    CW's Elseworlds and Reign of the Supermen would argue otherwise. DC's books as a whole are suffering from mischaracterisation, but the outside mediums are doing fairly well.
    Surely you aren't referring to Tyler Hoechlin's Superman are you?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    But the source material..comics..should do better than outside media,and imo be held to a higher standard.

Out of character ,and pacing(to slow and to fast,sometimes in the same issue)

Fix those problems and this would be awesome,not just interesting
    The source material should be better but it's faltering and since other mediums have a wider reach in terms of an audience, I'm grateful they are at least doing something right when it comes to Lois Lane. Here's hoping comics come to the party and soon.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The source material should be better but it's faltering and since other mediums have a wider reach in terms of an audience, I'm grateful they are at least doing something right when it comes to Lois Lane. Here's hoping comics come to the party and soon.
    Same here,we can only hope

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Conner has had the N52 and much of the 2000's wiped from his character putting him back to the confident and emancipated character he was at his height rather than the broken poor mans Clark where he was literally being raised by the Kents and going to Clark's old high school while wearing the same square framed glasses.
    It seemed so obvious to me, but also like it would never happen. Convergence Superboy was bittersweet that way. I don't think we'll ever have them admit that the Superboy borne of Johns didn't work or has been discarded, but I'm pretty thankful for what Bendis has done for him and I'll be pretty easy on him for some decisions going forward.

I guess one obvious thing is that Jon and Kon have to be called different things. Maybe Superlad is specifically right on that, I could see Bendis being into Morrison.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It seemed so obvious to me, but also like it would never happen. Convergence Superboy was bittersweet that way. I don't think we'll ever have them admit that the Superboy borne of Johns didn't work or has been discarded, but I'm pretty thankful for what Bendis has done for him and I'll be pretty easy on him for some decisions going forward.

I guess one obvious thing is that Jon and Kon have to be called different things. Maybe Superlad is specifically right on that, I could see Bendis being into Morrison.
    Bendis might be bringing him back in the comics,but I'm thinking Reign was thought up 1st,and that is a huge push comics cant touch.

Also it's easy to look like a savior when you bring back a character so many loves and thinks is cool,same for when a writer brings back Wally west.

Superlad or Superson are my Jon picks
    Scion is my SB pick if he ever graduated away from SB

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Superlad or Superson are my Jon picks
    "Lad" still implies "boy" though. Based on Jon's reaction to Lobo's words and the flipped parallels to Conner, I'm more in incline to think he's going by Superman-something these days. Superman Secondus or the second fit the very deliberate regal theme he's going for with the house of El and Jon's new suit.

Like, based on this story so far, I doubt he continued to call himself Superboy after a point. Or people just started showing him respect as Superman's "heir to the throne." That's just what it reads like right now I feel.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think Jon should be at Damian's age, 13 years old. Not 17 years old or whatever age Bendis put him as.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Heh, I noticed Jon picked up intergalactic slang in his travels. Gnarkles. I like that. Hope that sticks around from here on to give him some distinctive dialog.

Thinking about the Lobo interaction a bit more, and I see some pretty straight forward parallel points between Jon and Conner in that moment. Conner's famous "don't call me Superboy" line is parodies, or at least pointed at, here when Jon says "you and all your galactic bounty hunters can call me Superboy." Then Lobo corrects the boy, as he sees it, and basically says one is a man when they decide, and not when others do. This is a direct contrast to the fact that Conner insisted on being called Superman even at 15-16, but the world called him Superboy.

If the parallels continue, Jon's possibly going by Superman based on his costume. Hopefully Superman Secondus or even Superman II (read as Superman the second). Out in space his family is royalty, so the naming style of II or Secondus seems quite fitting. His new suit also has quite the regal look to it. Space prince Jon!

You know, I'm now wondering if Jon has been out there bolstering Superman name on an intergalactic scale. I mean, it sounds like he broke off from his grandfather for a number of years, and spent that time trying to get home. When he got older people probably just assumed he was Clark ("he's smaller than I imagined") and likely just called him Superman or maybe Secondus is some sort of alien naming convention (also the name of a Nigerian businessman lol)

_______

Also, I totally called that Jon would think his rejection from the Teen Titans was silly. Dude's totally not joining the that team now. Lets all say it together now: LONG LIVE THE LEGION.....and their new Superman

Yeah this is what I'm talking about. Team up when?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    "Lad" still implies "boy" though. Based on Jon's reaction to Lobo's words and the flipped parallels to Conner, I'm more in incline to think he's going by Superman-something these days. Superman Secondus or the second fit the very deliberate regal theme he's going for with the house of El and Jon's new suit.

Like, based on this story so far, I doubt he continued to call himself Superboy after a point. Or people just started showing him respect as Superman's "heir to the throne." That's just what it reads like right now I feel.

Superlad was for the 10 year old jon,i guess superson could be for the older jon,but also for the younger jon.

Yeah as a 17 year old out there in space I can see him going by superman,or superman something

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Yeah this is what I'm talking about. Team up when?
    Bendis says he's actively working towards their eventual meeting, and what it means, so it's very much on its way.

It's also worth mentioning the parallel Bendis has created by having both characters coming back to Earth from other wolds changed from their time out there.

My hope/theory? A spiritual successor to the 90s Superboy story Hypertension that stars Jon and Conner. I really think it's in the cards.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

What's next? Lois and Clark have a baby girl who has a happier stress free childhood making Jon insanely jealous?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Yeah I mean the Johns era black T-Shirt was what was in place when I first started reading but when read in long form from the 90's to the end of the Post-Crisis continuity you essentially have a guy that's going backwards in life. At least in the Young Justice show he's got a fiance, has his own place, etc. Besides Leather Jacket> Black -T shirt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    What's next? Lois and Clark have a baby girl who has a happier stress free childhood making Jon insanely jealous?
    Don't give him any ideas lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    No joke, I stumbled on a theory over on 4Chan suggesting Melody Moore is revealed to be a single mother, dies in a fire, and Lois and Clark will adopt her child.