Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...98232853446656

This may be important to how Anole got suddenly cast as the traitor. Apparently Wind Dancer was supposed to be used here and in the follow-up Uncanny arc but it took up too much story to bring her in and they used someone else in that role. The one plot that bridges these is the vaccine. My hunch is that Wind Dancer, or Renascance as she goes by now, was supposed to be the thief.
    So I guess they needed someone to be more despised than Cyclops so they used Anole to accomplish that. Everyone will forget what Cyclops did because of Anole.

Would Wither have mare more sense? I mean they had 10 issues with that amount of space they could have written anything. On that note though Sofia Mantega being the traitor doesn't really make much sense either. Maybe Wallflower

BANNED

X-MAN X-MAN does whatever he wants because he damn well can. shaman Messiah incest nothing is a taboo. get going towards the Extinction line for the umpteenth time ya X Men Yahoo.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    So I guess they needed someone to be more despised than Cyclops so they used Nate to accomplish that. Everyone will forget what Cyclops did because of Nate.
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So I guess they needed someone to be more despised than Cyclops so they used Anole to accomplish that. Everyone will forget what Cyclops did because of Anole.
    Wait, are you talking about x-folks or the MU's general populace? 'Cause if it's the latter, offing the X-Men/providing the vaccine would establish X-Man/Anole as some of the most beloved mutants in MU history.

Spectacular Member

It would be cool if they made Nate into a child when this story is over. Let Jean put here money where her mouth is

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Oik now I especially hate this plotline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What the actual hell? That role makes even less sense for Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Would Wither have mare more sense? I mean they had 10 issues with that amount of space they could have written anything. On that note though Sofia Mantega being the traitor doesn't really make much sense either. Maybe Wallflower
    Keep in mind he did not say that is the role Wind Dancer was going to be used in, it is just the only role I see that would fit his discription of being in both Disassembled and Last X-Men. There is a chance I am wrong.

That said, it is the kind of twist I can see Rosenberg exploring, bringing back some character and making them villainous.

Wow. I did not like this at all. I was so hopeful. Literally maintained that hope throughout the entire event, thinking that things could be course corrected. But this was just not good. The pageS of watching Jean and Nate talk...the endless word balloons of inconsequential text. This whole event just felt like spinning wheels. Nothing new or interesting was explored. Just 10 issues of blandness.

If they're really invested in making the X-Men work, they need to go back to the drawing board. Pick a core team. Tell a small story. Start from the ground, up. Sorry to say, this was a failure. And I like all the writers involved.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

It was alright. The ending to the disassemble arc felt like another chapter. I'm assuming everyone in the explosion is inside that life seed, except Nate, who is somewhere else. Hopefully with Rosenberg as sole writer we will have more consistent energy.

I will not be buying any of the X-Man world titles. Sorry [not really].

BANNED

LOL @ Lorna dissin' The Cuckoos. And Dazz, ever the optimist, God bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well Monet & Frenzy were shown as some of the X-Men there. And neither has been shown in anything upcoming.
    I saw Joanna, she was in the same panel as Ali, but where was Monet?

Only the current Marvel could figure out a way to kill all my interest for the return of one of my favorite titles featuring the return of some of my favorite characters. Glad I thumbed through it before I paid this time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Keep in mind he did not say that is the role Wind Dancer was going to be used in, it is just the only role I see that would fit his discription of being in both Disassembled and Last X-Men. There is a chance I am wrong.

That said, it is the kind of twist I can see Rosenberg exploring, bringing back some character and making them villainous.
    That's true but I wouldnt say villainous twist. Wither was basically a PSA on why a cure could be a good thing. If her argument was it could help people from turning out like him or that there are people who just cant handle there powers and want them/ would be better off with them gone, given it would be influenced by how some depowered students enjoyed being human. What they should have done is keep the cure in house and not trust the people who say they should be wiped out. (Again why was giving people who want all mutants dead a cure for mutants a good idea)

Overall it was bad. Felt like X-Men Apocalypse where X-Men are just jumping on Villain and shooting him without any real plan.

Glad that Gambit and Rogue weren't a part of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    ... From the get go it was clear... 10 issues to go from point A to B (with B being Age Of X-Man).

I think it was Thompson who said that they had to come up with something for the story, but the end was set before they even started, it had to be the creation of world of Age Of X-man.

... a story done in a rush...
    Yeah, ever since AoXM was announced, it's felt more & more likely that Disassembled's just one giant, after-the-fact prelude. A case of the cart before the horse, as it were.

The one thing I did actually appreciate was them taking a few panels to explain the Cannonball continuity. That makes me think that the x-office now does care slightly more than they did 2 years ago.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It just occurred to me that the X-Men are technically anti-vaxxers now.