Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #10 (spoilers/discussion)

Well, that could have been better.

I mean, I've certainly read worse events than UXM: Disassembled. But as a lead in to get folks pumped for the new direction of the line... no, that didn't do it for me. Too much hype, too little substance, and just generally too little for most of the cast to do. This was a ten-part exercise in moving pieces into place, and at the end of the day, it didn't do more than that.

Nice art. Liked the cameos. I'll certainly be picking up some of the AoXM minis. But as for the book itself, I can't say much positive is going to stick with me.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-16-2019 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Honestly, the book was nothing, but.

"AH!" "UGH!" "HNNNGH"! "RAGGHHH!!"

Incredible Member

With the amount of writers they had on this book and for what they charged. I feel bamboozled and dissapointed to be honest. I really expected more from this story.The last few pages leave the story in an interesting place but the story itself is poorly done. Majority of the cast is hardly utilized.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

$44. That's like two Steam games lol.

The ending was alright. Too many characters and not enough happening, along with giant fight scenes where no one is too sure whats going on hasn't helped this arc. I think it would have worked better as a big battle between Legion and X-Man from the start with the X-Men caught in the middle.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

spoilers:

Cannonball is seriously injured and teleported away by Pixie to seek medical care. His sister Paige is very angry and wanted revenge.

Angel helped Betsy stab Storm with her psychic sword and Angel seem to have forgiven Betsy. Psylocke manage to free Storm the same way as Angel.

Cuckoos, Sage, Jean and Psylocke combine forces and managed to separate X-Man from Legion.

Jean showed the pain of killing people to X-Man (when she was Phoenix) and it worked. The rest of the Horsemen were released.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by jalsrix; 01-16-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    $44. That's like two Steam games lol.
    Aw dang, and just when Resident Evil 2's about to drop. But what's more lifeless? The zombies, or the seven trillion backup X-Men?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    spoilers:

Cannonball is seriously injured and teleported away by Pixie to seek medical care. His sister Paige is very angry and wanted revenge.

Angel helped Betsy stab Storm with her psychic sword and Angel seem to have forgiven Betsy. Psylocke manage to free Storm the same way as Angel.

Cuckoos, Sage, Jean and Psylocke combine forces and managed to separate X-Man from Legion.

end of spoilers
    You forgot spoilers:
    Martha!
    end of spoilers

Jean accepted and acnowledged Nate as her son today more than she ever did Rachel. Welp

This event really was a greatest hit of past storylines with Legion/X-man being Onslaught complete with the end leading into Heroes Reborn
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-16-2019 at 09:06 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean accepted and acnowledged Nate as her son today more than she ever did Rachel. Welp
    No one cares because she’s a horrible character and should have been seent back to her time long ago.

Uncanny would be a lot better without Legion and the x-kids and all that filler with dinosaurs and multiple man.

Emma was right

Nah. I need more Multiple man in my life. Mooore.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    With the amount of writers they had on this book and for what they charged. I feel bamboozled and dissapointed to be honest. I really expected more from this story.The last few pages leave the story in an interesting place but the story itself is poorly done. Majority of the cast is hardly utilized.
    The number of writers explains a lot about the inconsistent tone, imo. I used to see the same thing all the time in round-robin projects. The difference being that those were fandom hijinks being done for fun, so it didn't matter so much so long as everyone was having a good time, and this was a professional work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    No one cares because she’s a horrible character and should have been seent back to her time long ago.

Uncanny would be a lot better without Legion and the x-kids and all that filler with dinosaurs and multiple man.
    The filler, narrative, and character work they did was bad, not that they used Legion or the X-Kids. HOW they used those characters was crappy tho.

BANNED

spoilers:

What really happened at the end of the battle?

Did X-Man killed everybody else and himself? Or did he just vanished them into an alternate reality?

end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Don't let Askani's Flame find out.