Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I swear to Glob that even Brian's New Avengers didn't make artists draw that many characters for a fight.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So al those at the scene are sucked into AoXM, accept for Cannonball.

Meaning some of those who did not knew about will play roles in the crossover.

So Monet, Frenzy, Indra, Sage, Neal, Forge, will get roles as well, eventhough they are not main cast
    Indra is probably just gonna be background filler for NextGen like Surge, Shark Girl, Triage, Bling! etc etc. We know Ric is at least involved with AoXM in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The X-Office likes Eyeboy too much for him to be the fall guy. Same with Glob, really.
    Even Beak?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    She hidden next to a HUGE stomach. lol
    Attachment 77017
    On the left-hand side. Under Beast's arm, next to big-boy in her horrible X-Factor outfit.
    Ok better question, does Eva even have powers anymore?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    While I think jalsrix's "reason" is absurd (if not bordering on racist) I think you're giving editorial a LOT of credit considering all the gaffes they've let through of late. Considering how OOC Laura was in Uncanny, I'm not sure the writers DO realize what characters they're writing...

The characters might not act like [we think] they should but the writers know very well which character they're using [in a bad way].
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Attachment 77017
    On the left-hand side. Under Beast's arm, next to big-boy in her horrible X-Factor outfit.
    I just noticed Tempus is here. You gotta be kidding me with this ****. This is the ONE game breaker the X-Office avoided like the plague and here she is running towards Nate like she has no way to insta-win this bitch. I guess they just reset her powers.

So...

I think the intention of this story was to soft reset the x-franchise with the erasure of mutant history from the books and the X-Mens achievements.

Secondly,
    * Wanda Maximoff removed the x-gene from humans making future mutants impossible
    *The T-mist made everyone sterile preventing new mutants.
    And that was forgotten. I figure this vaccine will be forgotten too. The highlight of this issue was the Stepford Cuckoos & Sage the bad was a lot

BANNED

Attachment 77017
    Ah, THERE she is, much thanX! Dang tho, she should be airborne, like the rest of the flyers.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Ah, THERE she is, much thanX! Dang tho, she should be airborne, like the rest of the flyers.
    Writers may forget she can fly too. lol She never flew once in Weapon X either, even when being captured & on the verge of thrown into a sacrifice pit

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I just noticed Tempus is here. You gotta be kidding me with this ****. This is the ONE game breaker the X-Office avoided like the plague and here she is running towards Nate like she has no way to insta-win this bitch. I guess they just reset her powers.
    Oh man, I just noticed that too, hahahahahaha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Can someone tell me what a celestial seed is? How does that repower some one? If nate could make all the religious places disappear didn t he already have the power to alter reality?
    I didn't get the sense that the X-Men were literally forgotten, just that the people who didn't care for them quickly went about running a smear campaign that focused on why they should be forgotten.

And let's be honest, why wouldn't people want that vaccine? Sure, there's a good chance that you'll get a minor power or something fantastic and beautiful, but there's also a chance that you'd get a power that was incredibly dangerous to yourself and others. Or it could leave you an invalid.

And this is a problem that has been a part of X-Men for a long time and one which I can't faukt the writers for wanting to use, especially in this context. The X-Men are going to be spending time in a mutant utopia, only to come back to a world that was happy to have them gone. That is an interesting setup. But so was this X-Man story.

Fingers crossed!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Well this issue was one big fight that did not go the X-men way. What really made me laugh was the closing commentary of the world not caring what happened to them and people celebrating their deaths. Once again the X-men save their sorry hides, just to be hated and have their deaths celebrated.

I love this issue. The fights and art were great.
    Highlights:
    - Psylocke & Angel deliberating Storm
    - Jean and X-Man interaction
    - The telepaths joining forces
    - Sage!
    8/10

As for the event, it feels very decompressed. The kids didn't contribute anything but just to give them screen time and drama. There were some nice moments but there were also WTF moments.
    It's just meh for me 6.5/10

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue more so than the last couple. Though that has more to do with seeing characters I haven't seen in awhile show up. It was great seeing Husk briefly interact with Sam (though I didn't care for all of her dialogue), and seeing Sage pop up and use her telepathy. I also felt the art was inconsistent. It looked gorgeous most of the time, but there were a couple of times weren't it looked really off. Ended with more of a whimper unfortunately.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-16-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    If it was Chris Claremont writing this, the whole story would have been more logical.
    Only Lord Claremont could have made something of worth out of this mess.

The Psylocke/Storm ULTIMATE INTIMACY scene would have been worth it alone(but Ororo would have broken free from X-Man's trance with her own willpower, of course)!

This was probably the best issue of the 10, but goddess, that is not saying much. Could have organized these 10 issues a lot better to tell this sort of story, but whatever. Maybe they will have some interesting minis in this AoX timeline, but I'm not really holding my breath or anything.

Marvel.

You can do much better...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

At the end of the day, Nate achieves the very first thing he set out to do in the series, even if through a change of viewpoint. He starts by blowing up the mansion to end the X-Men... and ends up with absorbing them all in his head, thus ending the X-Men.