Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Are you expecting CONSISTENCY? Oh no no next time we see Storm she's going to be throwing snowballs and shocking people with static doorknobs in AoX-Meh. Then a month from that she's gonna be fighting Thor for air space and maybe a month past that she'll be lightning Lass again.
    Sadly I agree. Characters that have been screwed up for years won't automatically go in the right direction just because one or 2 writers do something right with them. For every writer they does them right, you'll have subsequent writers that will only see, be familiar, and wanna write, the worst, now default, versions of them they just left from not long ago.

But it's still fun to enjoy when your favorite is done right. lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sadly I agree. Characters that have been screwed up for years won't automatically go in the right direction just because one or 2 writers do something right with them. For every writer they does them right, you'll have subsequent writers that will only see, be familiar, and wanna write, the worst, now default, versions of them they just left from not long ago.

But it's still fun to enjoy when your favorite is done right. lol
    exactly loll
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    If you're ever looking for the "why" and "how" of a character and/or situation, also look to the Jordan White editor philosophy: https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...98729750777856

Could be anything! Make it up in your head! Nothing matters! Fun!
    Back when fans weren't so easily enraged, these were the type of things that fans would actually have fun with and maybe get a No-Prize for their efforts.

The fact of comics is that not every character and every plot point is given equal weight. In a shared universe comprised of hundreds of characters in constant narrative motion, it would be impossible to do so.

Not everything that happens to every character requires an on-panel explanation. What seems very important to some fans, is a negligible detail to others.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly loll
    Congrats & enjoy your moment. I know the feeling, though I haven't felt it in over a year. lol maybe one of my 3 favorites will be done right at least once this year. Hopefully. But hope doesn't count for much.

Congrats & enjoy your moment. I know the feeling, though I haven't felt it in over a year. lol maybe one of my 3 favorites will be done right at least once this year. Hopefully. But hope doesn't count for much.
    thank you beloved.

i know two of your faves: monet and sabertooth right? who is the other? and i hope the same for you. i don't think it should be so hard to do this but it seems like it is too much to ask for at times.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nate Grey has a punchable face, personality and history.
    Compared to Gambit? Hardly.

thank you beloved.

i know two of your faves: monet and sabertooth right? who is the other? and i hope the same for you. i don't think it should be so hard to do this but it seems like it is too much to ask for at times.
    Thanx. lol

Deadpool is the 3rd. When he written as a tragic & dark character like Joel Kelly had him in the 90's. But we keep getting Meme-Machine Deadfool. I haven't read anything with him since Duggan left. Technically, there was Weapon X-Force, but I was trudging through that before he showed up. lol I was dreading him coming, and my fears were legit given his tole.

Monet suffers not only whitewashing, but being downplayed to a generic bruiser. Her genius intellect, telepathy, and telekinesis she's been stated to have hardly ever gotten notice. Especially upsetting when she was training under Emma in secret during GenX. There should be more to her than "Reckless Bruiser who just charges in punching stuff." It's fine when she was a moody teenager, but a bit of development from & outside of hotheaded bruiser would be good. lol

Sabretooth...there's no time to cover that. lol I could write an essay on that....and I have when I was tearing into Pak's crappy writing.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-17-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Deadpool when he written as a tragic & dark character like Joel Kelly had him in the 90's. But we keep getting Meme-Machine Deadfool. I haven't read anything with Deadpool since Duggan lost him. Technically, there was Weapon X-Force, but I was trudging through that before he showed up. lol ANd I was dreading him coming, and my fears were right. lol

Monet suffers not only whitewashing, but being downplayed to a generic bruiser. Her genius intellect, telepathy, and telekinesis she's been stated to have hardly ever gotten notice. Especially upsetting when she was a pupil training under Emma in secret during GenX. There should be more to her than "Reckless Bruiser who just charges in punching stuff." It's fine when she was a moody teenager, but a bit of development from that would be good. lol

Sabretooth...there's no time to cover that. lol
    omg deadpool is SOOO annoying now. it's like he is the rated pg-13 bugs bunny or something. it gets real annoying. unfortunately i don't think he will ever escape what you described "meme machine" writing.

and monet I know all to well about the whitewashing that has occurred with the character. monet is definitely one of those characters that should be the most dangerous due to her powerset but you rarely if ever see this.

and lmao about sabretooth lol

BANNED

unfortunately i don't think he will ever escape what you described "meme machine" writing.
    He just had a pretty great six year run from 2012-2018 where he was treated as a tragic figure. It's not impossible.

Young's run is shallow and aimless, but at least Daniel Way is gone, so Wade will never sink that low again. Al Ewing will probably go save him before he saves the rest of the mutants.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Young's run is shallow and aimless, but at least Daniel Way is gone, so Wade will never sink that low again. Al Ewing will probably go save him before he saves the rest of the mutants.
    Ewing on Uncanny would be too perfect. Such a thing couldn't exist or the very fabric of space and time would tear from its beauty.

Also, you know he'd bring back some obscure concepts and use those Celestials right!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm not really sure what I read in the long run. Where did Nate Get a life seed? Did it drop off one of the dead Celestials from the recent Avengers story? In which case, nice job fixing **** again, Tony! Yeeah, I have to give this event a solid 5.5 out of 10. A lot of interesting concepts being thrown around hampered by inconsistant storytelling and forced intergenerational conflict. Seeing Storm hulk out and drop a lightning nuke on Nate was pretty fun, though.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Ewing on Uncanny would be too perfect. Such a thing couldn't exist or the very fabric of space and time would tear from its beauty.

Also, you know he'd bring back some obscure concepts and use those Celestials right!
    Best thing he could do to make me happy is somehow or some way include Monica and Adam in some cosmic X-Men adventure.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    shucks, we won't get a Daydreamers reunion soon to save the day

but Franklin should help out still
    Franklin got a big nerf. His powers are now finite and every use of them permanently drains his batteries. Once he uses them up, he'll just be an ordinary kid. This is either a storytelling device to keep readers from asking "Why don't they just have Franklin take care of it?" or part of the complex.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm not really sure what I read in the long run. Where did Nate Get a life seed? Did it drop off one of the dead Celestials from the recent Avengers story? In which case, nice job fixing **** again, Tony! Yeeah, I have to give this event a solid 5.5 out of 10. A lot of interesting concepts being thrown around hampered by inconsistant storytelling and forced intergenerational conflict. Seeing Storm hulk out and drop a lightning nuke on Nate was pretty fun, though.
    I feel like this whole thing would have made so much more sense had they shown us the Life Seed way earlier. It explains his power boost, some of his weird thinking, the Horsemen, and why he's suddenly able to influence evolutionor whatever he was doing in Africa.

And it wasn't even made into the shocking reveal it could have been!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Best thing he could do to make me happy is somehow or some way include Monica and Adam in some cosmic X-Men adventure.
    Oh, yeah...that would be sweet.