Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

One thing I did like about this issue is the conversation between Jean and Nate. That's when the X-Men are their strongest,when characters interact with each other. The rest was a pointless mess.

Also,did Apocalypse even do anything in this issue? Seriously,why is he there?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    One thing I did like about this issue is the conversation between Jean and Nate. That's when the X-Men are their strongest,when characters interact with each other. The rest was a pointless mess.

Also,did Apocalypse even do anything in this issue? Seriously,why is he there?
    He's there for the same reason everyone else: to get spirited away and become one of the main characters of the Age of X-Man.

Because the only thing Disassembled was good for was to set up that and Devastation.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I can't help but think about how much better this next part of Uncanny would be if Sam and Roberto were the ones to pick up the pieces and rebuild the X-Men instead of Scott and Logan.

Disassembled hammered in over and over the problem with the old guard, how the X-men have traditionally handled their affairs and how ineffective their approach has been for actually improving human-mutant relations. We're supposed to believe that Armor's incessant whining through these past 10 issues had some actual relevance to the theme of the story, right?

So how is going backwards, once again putting The Dream in the hands of Cyclops, Wolverine, and Havok supposed to address those criticisms? How is this any different from the last time these same dudes led mutantkind during an extinction crisis?

Why not use this opportunity to make Sam the new leader of the X-Men? He's one of the few students to ever actually graduate to the A-team of the X-Men full time, the one who has been groomed to become a leader of mutantkind during his time leading the New Mutants and X-Force, the one confirmed survivor of this battle against X-Man and his Horsemen. He should be mourning his sister, his friends and family. He should be the one searching out Dani and the others who missed the exodus, banding together what's left and inspiring them?
    Instead he's gone on a revenge mission to kill a teenage Cable, as if that should be his main concern now that the majority of the X-Men are dead and everyone has taken a mutant cure

Why not finally follow up on all of the great development that Roberto went through in the Avengers books? How he restructured AIM, focused his funding on research and development to foster new scientific breakthroughs, and specifically recruited C-List heroes and former teen heroes to give them a chance to operate on a global scale and prove that they are every bit capable as the classic A-Listers. How he wanted to go back and apply what he's learned and accomplished to help mutants.

Ultimate Member

I don't expect Alex to have much of a say about anything, he's probably only on the team because Scott is and Marvel remembered that they're brothers, otherwise Alex probably would have stayed in prison...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Sam didn't really need an out for his X-Force appearance. It's not JDW told X-23's author to pack it up for the next six months.

Rosenberg's probably up to no good again. He already has most of the New Mutants for his run.

I think even with other books and what happened here, there's way too mutants that I think it's way too silly that the world goes full anti-mutie just because 4 teams of X-Men got spirited away.

Also spoilers:
    Life Seed outta nowhere
    end of spoilers

smfh.

4/10.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 01-17-2019 at 06:30 AM.

BANNED

Storm was amazing and so was the psychic teamwork. The bits with Jean & Nate were good, but felt a bit rehashed from when she basically showed Cassandra the suffering of people. At least Nate said "enough"

Betsy was too wordy...STOP talking about Storm and do your job....I know this is how normal people talk, but it's unprofessional when people are fighting for their lives.

There were things that worked this issue, but it didn't need 10 issues to get here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under impression that Beast CREATED the basis for the vaccine (kind of).
    That he was working on some kind of formula - Anole stole it - and GAVE it to the people who used it to create the vaccine from it.
    That the reason he freaked out and tried to discover who stole it in the first place - was because he got a sample version of the vaccine from the lab (in issue 2), and after checking it, saw that it was similar to his own work.
    Hence his "what have I done" line.
    That's what led him to notice that some of his work was missing, and set out to find the theif ?

Did I mis-read that one ?
    As far as the events in this story go, you got it.

What the story sort of misleads about is that this vaccine is most likely the Hope serum which Beast had the last vial of. The Hope serum has a long history that does go back to Beast as well although he did not create it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well not sure how most of the X-characters got there unless they could teleport or something like that...
    Jean sent Pixie to get them. Guess if you read the issue you would know that...... lol

Extraordinary Member

Would it be worse or better if the writing team really didn't plan for the Life Seed until the last minute? Because a part of me wonders if they really did just decide to use it at the last minute.

Actually, the Life Seed thing is rather interesting since Apocalypse probably has a Death Seed somewhere and Banshee has one stuck inside of him. So there actually might be a way to take Nate down relatively quickly.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

TROLLOLOLOL, this hit piece. So we have an X-Men story where the X-Men are the enemies which segues into a story where the X-Men are the enemies. Trash in a bag on the side of the street. I’ve never seen such brazen contempt for the X-Men before

I know. Yet people are gushing over onTwitter, praising Rosenberg, lol.

As someone posted, this was Charles Soule IvX bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Keep in mind that's just the cheerleading. Marvel doesn't like to acknowledge criticism these days, so the negative stuff probably gets deleted or blocked.

It's funny, I was going through my old 90s DC Trek books not long ago, and reading through the letter column astonished me. There were letters that made a lot of the worst and most insulting rants on Twitter seem like mild rebukes by comparison (and I mean there was "You've destroyed Star Trek you're fat and ugly and nobody likes you and I'm going to set your house on fire and I hope you die with your little dog too!" sort of nastiness. The only thing it DIDN'T have was a lot of the profanity and anti-progressive backlash you're seeing right now). And these were letters DC CHOSE TO PRINT! You're not going to see that today.

Side note: I was also astonished to see just how forthcoming the writer was about how much Paramount and Editorial were directly interfering with the book, and how frustrated he was, which eventually led to him quitting. You would NEVER see a writer today being that candidly negative about their employers in a public form today.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-17-2019 at 08:36 AM.

BANNED

X-Men Twitter is a criticism-free zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Keep in mind that's just a lot of cheerleading. Marvel doesn't like to acknowledge criticism these days, so the negative stuff probably gets deleted or blocked.
    I don't think Marvel has the ability to control Twitter.

Extraordinary Member

There are places like this where we can complain to our heart's content. And it's not like the Reddit boards are much happier about this run. And the reviews aren't exactly stellar.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Rosenberg has been trash from the jump. At least with Soule, you know you’re getting a creatively bankrupt piece from a corporate shill. Rosenberg and his ilk like to masquerade as X-fans