Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Had we seen less mutant mob violence and more of the effects of Jesus-X destroying places of worship then shifting tectonic plates, the increased hatred might be understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Another thing I realized - exactly when did people start hating the X-Men again, again? They were seen as heroes at the end of Red, throwing Mutant Pride parties in Iceman, and then all of a sudden in Uncanny they were hated enough for the entire world to cheer when they were supposedly killed?

They've always been hated...I think...

But I think the main reason people are happy to forget about the X-Men is that vaccine. They can quickly and quietly scrub the memory of the X-Men clean with it.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

The death of the X-men makes it easier to use the vaccine - because the X-men are the biggest living example of "Not All Mutants".
    They are a living testament that mutants can be heroes, and can save the world, which makes it harder to get people around the idea of just vaccinating mutants away.

Emma was right

Another thing I realized - exactly when did people start hating the X-Men again, again? They were seen as heroes at the end of Red, throwing Mutant Pride parties in Iceman, and then all of a sudden in Uncanny they were hated enough for the entire world to cheer when they were supposedly killed?

I think humanity had to put up with x-men, because they were an organized force. Now that X-Men are dead, nothing is stopping humanity from curing all mutants.

I'm really hoping this cure has unexpected side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

10/10 Sage

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I saw someone suggest it's gonna turn everyone blue and furry.

And god I hope so.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The lasting longer than 4 hours type?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

And god I hope so.
    I posited that since BEast was messing with it, something bad will happen to all those taking that cure.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

And god I hope so.
    I can see Hank doing that. Oh, that would be glorious!

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under impression that Beast CREATED the basis for the vaccine (kind of).
    That he was working on some kind of formula - Anole stole it - and GAVE it to the people who used it to create the vaccine from it.
    That the reason he freaked out and tried to discover who stole it in the first place - was because he got a sample version of the vaccine from the lab (in issue 2), and after checking it, saw that it was similar to his own work.
    Hence his "what have I done" line.
    That's what led him to notice that some of his work was missing, and set out to find the theif ?

Did I mis-read that one ?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I know I come across as giving Taylor!Jean a hard time over her lame speeches, but the MU's general populace really, reeeaaalllyyy hating on X-Men Red it's pretty much the only canonical explanation that sorta makes sense at the moment.

Jeansus made her UN speeches, UN representatives patted themselves on the back, 99,99999% of the world's population rolled their eyes at the proceedings, but didn't say anything because they were too scared Jeansus would psychically make them like her and her speeches.

I mean, what else have we got? Repressed IvX resentment towards those Inhumans-harming evil muties? MU folks actually giving a crap about Havok's short-lived stint as a sorta terrorist?

And god I hope so.
    LMAO. I'd rather go for a "opting blasts and green hair for everyone" motif, but Dark-Beast-in-the-becoming turning the whole world into cookie monsters out of spite works kinda awesomely too.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-17-2019 at 12:50 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

But that doesn't work. Based on what Red told us, for the most part, Jean and her speeches to the UN helped more than they hurt - or at least they were meant to.

I dunno.

This was just a bad event overall and the next six months are probably going to be painful.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

But that doesn't work. Based on what Red told us, for the most part, Jean and her speeches to the UN helped more than they hurt - or at least they were meant to.
    That's my whole point. Jeansus and the UN thought it helped. Ivory tower and all that.

This was just a bad event overall and the next six months are probably going to be painful.
    Painful indeed. If it's any consolation, Scott, Logan, Alex and Jamie will most likely take more physical/emotional abuse than the entire cast of Disassembled put together. There's always that to look forward to, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That's my whole point. Jeansus and the UN thought it helped. Ivory tower and all that.

Painful indeed. If it's any consolation, Scott, Logan, Alex and Jamie will most likely take more physical/emotional abuse than the entire cast of Disassembled put together. There's always that to look forward to, right?
    To be fair - the UN rarely does anything useful XD