Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    QUES: How the hell bugle came up with the picture of X-man fighting X-men?
    Attachment 76987
    It’s almost as if they had a nimble and talented photographer of some kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Well, she cared (and she embraced Rachel as her daughter) when Rachel was being controlled by Cassandra. She just didn't care when Rachel was controlled by Ahab.

And she's not going to care that her new boyfriend tried to kill her granddaughter (I'm ok with this tho because that story was crazy character assassination to begin with).

People complain when Jean is little miss perfect, but they also complain when she is not perfect.

She has too many adult kids, either just a little bit younger than she is or older than her, with Rachel, Nathan, Nate, Stryfe, and a teenage grandaughter, Hope, and a new teenage son, Kid Cable. She has also had a teenage self temporarily running around in Teen Jean, has an identical twin/clone in Maddie and has had to deal with a co-dependent cosmic force (occasionally). She has a lot on her plate. Its too much to keep up with. She can't meet all their needs at once. Nevermind all her love triangle/rectangle/pentagram drama with Scott, Emma, Logan and soon Bishop. They can't saturate every appearance of Jeans with her concern for all these family members and intimates.
    Lol, everybody wants a piece of Jean.

It's like you said, if she's perfect, they complain about her being too perfect and annoying, if she does something out of line, you get cries again.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And? What's your point. They wrote an issue related to the event. It was even called exterminationed. Why wouldn't the books connect?
    What is YOUR point? I said that Brisson likely didn't explore the consequences of Rachel being a hound on Extermination #5 enough because the book was already full with the O5 plot and he thought he could just deal with that more later on X-Force anyway. I know that it looks bad that Jean just goes on with her life, but, again, so did everyone else from what we've seen. I have said many and many times that it was bad, lazy and terrible, but it is what it is and the Cable Exterminated issue has nothing to do with it.

Two different writers wrote an issue about Hope and Jean mourning Cable because he's dead. It's not directly related to the Extermination event. The writers were constantly talking about how it wouldn't spoil anything for the Extermination finale. It's called "The Exterminated" because Marvel thought it was cool considering he died on an event called Exterminated and maybe hoping people who bought Extermination would buy it, but the story itself it's not a tie-in. It deals with a specific thing that happened on it, but it pretty much doesn't touch anything else that happened on the event, I'm not sure they even mention that Cable was killed by a version of himself, he could have died in any way in any book and everything in that issue could have been exactly the same.

Spectacular Member

Was legion even needed in this story? In aoa he traveled to the past and then killed xavier. I don't recall legion having reality altering powers as an original power. Maybe my memory is off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, everybody wants a piece of Jean.

It's like you said, if she's perfect, they complain about her being too perfect and annoying, if she does something out of line, you get cries again.
    It's because the writing never frames her as being out of line. It's the same problem Gold had (and in a forgotten era, Fraction's Uncanny). They need to get rid of all these character fanbois and gurls.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Did anyone really had high expectations with this story? From the get go it was clear it'd be a bunch of filler, a 10 issues to go from point A to B (with B being Age Of X-Man).

I think it was Thompson who said that they had to come up with something for the story, but the end was set before they even started, it had to be the creation of world of Age Of X-man.

With those restrictions, three writers and a story done in a rush, mediocrity was to be expected.
    I imagine they started this grand story with all these plots and characters that was all going to lead up to this big twist, and then quickly found themselves over their heads, and resorted to basically 6 issues of flailing and screaming, but managed to squeeze the AoA dream issue in.

Sam's kind of a dick for going on this "Kill Kid Cable" mission with X-Force while the entire world thinks the X-Men are all dead

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Was legion even needed in this story? In aoa he traveled to the past and then killed xavier. I don't recall legion having reality altering powers as an original power. Maybe my memory is off.
    He didn't.

He had telepathy, telekinesis, and pyrokinesis back in the day, each controlled by a separate personality, at least one of which was the psychic ghost of a suicide bomber(the telepath), but somewhere along the way he was brought back(after disappearing after the original AOA) and now has countless personalities, each with their own power, so he has like, any and all powers.

Personally, I liked the original Claremont version better, but that's like with many things...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What is YOUR point? I said that Brisson likely didn't explore the consequences of Rachel being a hound on Extermination #5 enough because the book was already full with the O5 plot and he thought he could just deal with that more later on X-Force anyway. I know that it looks bad that Jean just goes on with her life, but, again, so did everyone else from what we've seen. I have said many and many times that it was bad, lazy and terrible, but it is what it is and the Cable Exterminated issue has nothing to do with it.

Two different writers wrote an issue about Hope and Jean mourning Cable because he's dead. It's not directly related to the Extermination event. The writers were constantly talking about how it wouldn't spoil anything for the Extermination finale. It's called "The Exterminated" because Marvel thought it was cool considering he died on an event called Exterminated and maybe hoping people who bought Extermination would buy it, but the story itself it's not a tie-in. It deals with a specific thing that happened on it, but it pretty much doesn't touch anything else that happened on the event, I'm not sure they even mention that Cable was killed by a version of himself, he could have died in any way in any book and everything in that issue could have been exactly the same.
    My point was that the pacing in Extermination was as poor as it is in Uncanny Disassembled. The plot with the O5 leaving was done in a few pages in the last issue. It wasn't drawn out. To even address what happened to Rachel would have taken up one panel. So yes it is just pure lazy writing.

In regards, to the Extermination tie is once again. It's an event and they pay editors to coordinate between books to ensure they correlate. Given exterminated explored the actual fall out of the event more so then the actual event. That would have ideally the best place to explore the issue.

They had several chances to address it and the Xmens reaction to one of their members being kidnapped. But they chose not to. Which is silly writing and really shows t that it's just phoned in. Much like this event

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Sam's kind of a dick for going on this "Kill Kid Cable" mission with X-Force while the entire world thinks the X-Men are all dead
    Gotta disconnect that free Wi-Fi.

BANNED

Everyone thought Nate Grey would lose but..he didnt. I dont care about Cyclops and Wolverine coming back. I'll check in on Marvelous, Prisoner X though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's because the writing never frames her as being out of line. It's the same problem Gold had (and in a forgotten era, Fraction's Uncanny). They need to get rid of all these character fanbois and gurls.
    Precisely. But that's the difference when you intend to write a character badly and unwittingly write a character badly. If you intend to do it you address it. If you do it unintentionally or through fsnboyism then you just have a character who comes across badly but was never intended to do so. So sweep it under the rug

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Just who were part of the final battle in Xmen Disassembled 10?!
    Everyone except Rogue, Gambit, and Rachel.

Is it just me or does this ending reek of sudden story change? I mean we had the X-Men pulling off separating Legion and Nate, Jean in his head having a civilized conversation and showing him the extent of the suffering he’s caused. He even seemed on the verge of a ‘my God, what have I done?’ even releasing his hold on his horsemen then out of nowhere he just doubles down and wipes them all out. It’s like we just jumped from point C to the Greek alphabet and ended the story on that note.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It does help clarify why Transia was being offered as a safe haven to mutants, but yes, they probably should have released X-Force after Disassembled. With what looks to be Kid Cable showing up in Uncanny #11 maybe the teams will be working somewhat together.