Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is it just me or does this ending reek of sudden story change? I mean we had the X-Men pulling off separating Legion and Nate, Jean in his head having a civilized conversation and showing him the extent of the suffering he’s caused. He even seemed on the verge of a ‘my God, what have I done?’ even releasing his hold on his horsemen then out of nowhere he just doubles down and wipes them all out. It’s like we just jumped from point C to the Greek alphabet and ended the story on that note.
    I don't think so. Was this issue delayed? The end point was always going to result in the X-Men dumped in an alternate reality so they can launch 6 mini series

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Everyone thought Nate Grey would lose but..
    Excuse me... who?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Excuse me... who?
    In the previous thread...the Uncanny #9 review thread, everyone was claiming he was gonna lose and I said the only way he would lose is probably how Thanos did in IG...by ending it himself.

BANNED

Is it just me or does this ending reek of sudden story change? I mean we had the X-Men pulling off separating Legion and Nate, Jean in his head having a civilized conversation and showing him the extent of the suffering he’s caused. He even seemed on the verge of a ‘my God, what have I done?’ even releasing his hold on his horsemen then out of nowhere he just doubles down and wipes them all out. It’s like we just jumped from point C to the Greek alphabet and ended the story on that note.
    Probably just you?

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Did anyone really had high expectations with this story? From the get go it was clear it'd be a bunch of filler, a 10 issues to go from point A to B (with B being Age Of X-Man).

I think it was Thompson who said that they had to come up with something for the story, but the end was set before they even started, it had to be the creation of world of Age Of X-man.

With those restrictions, three writers and a story done in a rush, mediocrity was to be expected.
    Is this true?
    That’s really bad if so... The worst part of this whole saga has been the fact that we were completely spoiled for the ending since issue 1.
    Remember when Onslaught ended? It was such a shock, had a huge impact on me as a child.
    This story has been like if you read the start and the end at the same time, and they have just been giving us the crappy middle part for 2 months.

Extraordinary Member

Nate has pretty much always been playing with them. Never has he seemed to be in danger (except maybe when Legion was in his head to make that seem important), and he has always just used enough force to fend off the X-Men. This scene seemed like it was written to make it look like Jean might be getting through to him but ultimately it just made him realize that this course of action was not going to achieve what he wanted. The horsemen were never needed, so he released them, and he still could not be touched (again, except that one lightning bolt to make Storm look good) by the combined force of every mutant there.

BANNED

Okay.
    Does anyone truly understand who made temporary mutants from human ?
    cbr1.jpg
    cbr2.jpg

BANNED

It doesn't. This always seemed like the endgame. The way this was set up, Nate could only lose to Jean with the Phoenix Force.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Magneto was wasted as a horseman
    it was actually cool seeing storm being the horseman to beat and not magneto.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Okay.
    cbr1.jpg
    cbr2.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that was Legion. They kept saying they were sorry but I saw you with him. Which was Nate pretending to be the old lady?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Okay.
    cbr1.jpg
    cbr2.jpg
    It was implied to be Nate.
    The murders that Bishop were investigating were implied to be Nate as well.
    The Bishop sub-plot was dropped as well.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Everyone thought Nate Grey would lose but..he didnt. I dont care about Cyclops and Wolverine coming back. I'll check in on Marvelous, Prisoner X though.
    If by everyone, you mean just you then sure. The follow up is literally Age of XMan which has been solicited for months so people knew The XMen would lose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It doesn't. This always seemed like the endgame. The way this was set up, Nate could only lose to Jean with the Phoenix Force.
    They needed the Silver Surfer to bail them out this time...

Lol@Appcalypse not having one line

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Not in the slightest. Early minor plotlines were dropped, but that's about it. The endgame was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Excuse me... who?
    MDM has a point. I don't recall many folks calling out the stupidity of the whole "Oooooh, maybe Jeansus and the X-Men will perform a heroic sacrifice and contain X-Man, they're totally not going to get punked, pretty please, don't let them get punked" theory.

So the relationship between mutants and humans is worse then it's ever been? Even when Cyclops was leader?