Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean accepted and acnowledged Nate as her son today more than she ever did Rachel. Welp

This event really was a greatest hit of past storylines with Legion/X-man being Onslaught complete with the end leading into Heroes Reborn
    Oh no, this place will become Revenge of Rachel's Fans 2: Electric Boogaloo.

On a separate note, good job on the consequences of Anole's actions, X-Office. He's now up there with Cassandra Nova, Wanda Maximoff and Black Bolt on the upper echelon of "people who singlehandedly doomed mutantkind". I'm sure that's exactly what the character needed, helping the distribution of an anti-mutant vaccine.

As for the issue itself think many are exaggerating was the best so far.

The action scenes improved, we had several appearances of several X-men working together, a beautiful scene between Jean and Nate and contrary to what many imagined Jean had a plan beyond using only numbers and brute force.

Rank 9 of 10.
    A better performance than expected.

On the other hand unfortunately in relation to the event itself is just the opposite. It is a copy of an Avengers event that does not even change the name.
    We can exchange Wanda for Nate and we will have the same result even Age of X-man can be compared to House of M with a new outfit . Even the vaccine and another threat of extinction is another topic being reused.

Well the good news is that readers can now decide which title to buy without worrying about having to read everything to understand how the X-men have come to that point. Age of X-man allows each to decide which approach they prefer to read, even avoiding months of an alternate reality by reading Uncanny only if they choose.

In the end X-Men: Disassembled has several holes and problems but fulfilled the mission of taking the X-mens from point A to point B. And raised good points mainly in relation to the legacy of the X-mens or how they deal with their children and mistakes.

Rank event 4 of 10 good art and some good topics covered but zero creativity.
    Last edited by Knives; 01-16-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Disassembled could've been better.
    But I enjoyed this last issue.
    Good action, good art, good cameos, but mostly the very interesting new status quo of the world without X-men and with mutant gene cured.

I thought this was the best issue of the whole event. But maybe that's because I had low expectations.

Why was it called 'Disassembled' anyway?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Uncanny would be a lot better without Legion and the x-kids and all that filler with dinosaurs and multiple man.
    That is just the start of what went wrong lol.

Anyway, I can't write anything without it turning into a big long rant, so to keep my optimism up, two questions:

1) Didn't Beast take the vaccine with him? Any chance that is still in play? Didn't the lab get blown up? I suppose whoever was working on it has more?
    2) Just who got "disassembled"? Just the people at the battle? That explains Cannonball being in X-Force, and the anti-mutant angle there. Who else does that leave that we have not seen in X-Force or UXM #11 (and beyond)? Did Pixie return to the battle?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    What really happened at the end of the battle?

Did X-Man killed everybody else and himself? Or did he just vanished them into an alternate reality?
    Don't need spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. My guess is something to do with the life seed.

BANNED

Somehow worse than Battle of the Atom. BotA was full of nonsensical storytelling and writers trying to step on each other's feet, but Disassembled (why is it called Disassembled?) felt like it was written by people who had a very deep loathing for the X-Men and just wanted to smash OMEGA LEVEL!!!! action figures around, only succeeding at smashing continuity and characterization. It felt like a relic from the Inhumans era, where writers went out of their way to prove how lame the X-Men franchise was.

Astonishing Member

So anole single handle caused the demise of the mutant race. And given how she kept references and was hyper focused on tentacles Laura might be a anime fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Anyway, I can't write anything without it turning into a big long rant, so to keep my optimism up, two questions:

1) Didn't Beast take the vaccine with him? Any chance that is still in play? Didn't the lab get blown up? I suppose whoever was working on it has more?
    2) Just who got "disassembled"? Just the people at the battle? That explains Cannonball being in X-Force, and the anti-mutant angle there. Who else does that leave that we have not seen in X-Force or UXM #11 (and beyond)? Did Pixie return to the battle?
    Rogue and Gambit since they're in Mojoworld. Rachel, bc she's with Ahab. I can only remember these ones so far, when it comes to X-Men members. There's Emma, but she doesn't count and most of the villains are on Earth, like Erik's Brotherhood, Mystique and Sinister.

BANNED

The finale art is worse than previous issues, how ironic. Lazy drawing and lazy writing.

This 10 issues could have been shrunk to 3 to 4 issues after removing all the fillers.

Most of the newly arrived X-Men were just there as wallpaper. LOL.

This epic battle could have been told in a few issues (with many small battles like Defenders versus Avengers epic story) instead of cramping everything in a single issue.

This is just bad and lazy writing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Finally we can get to the actual story,hopefully age of x doesn't read like filler also. Let's get some actual consequences and good,written drama in this arc.

>Pretty much the ending we all expected [minus Armor telling X-Man that the X-Men are evil and deserve to suffer like she and the X-Kids have].
    >Great art.
    >One on one fights work better than the mob battle scenes.
    >A random Life Seed repowered Nate? There had better be more story behind that to come.
    >Well done, Storm. Nice psychic torment with Phoenix's biggest hits, Jean.
    >The X-Men et al were willing to sacrifice Jean in X-Legion's mind but Bishop rallied to save four X-Kids.
    >And did Jean not listen when X-Man said he was dying the first time?
    >X-Man decides the X-Men are what's wrong with the world and sucks them into his mind before drowning?
    >Tectonic plate restructuring MUST have caused more issues than this.
    >At least Pixie and Cannonball were spared the Age of X-Man.
    >...and so begins yet another eXtinction crisis for mutants. I really hope Beast screwed up the vaccine and everyone who takes it eventually turns into mutants.
    >What a time to be alive, Cyke.

Favourite panels...
    ux1.jpg
    ux2.jpg
    ux3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Well Monet & Frenzy were shown as some of the X-Men there. And neither has been shown in anything upcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Somehow worse than Battle of the Atom. BotA was full of nonsensical storytelling and writers trying to step on each other's feet, but Disassembled (why is it called Disassembled?) felt like it was written by people who had a very deep loathing for the X-Men and just wanted to smash OMEGA LEVEL!!!! action figures around, only succeeding at smashing continuity and characterization. It felt like a relic from the Inhumans era, where writers went out of their way to prove how lame the X-Men franchise was.
    It’s called disassembled because no one would have bought it if it was called Xmen Rehash.

Seriously, another extinction and a retread of AoA is the best they can do?

This issue was good, but the whole series could be told in 5 issues or less.

Good that Jean had a better plan than use only brute force. Too bad it didn't worked that well