Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Jean sent Pixie to get them. Guess if you read the issue you would know that...... lol
    LMAO. That was an important detail and probably the most memorable thing about the previous week's issue

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LMAO. That was an important detail and probably the most memorable thing about the previous week's issue
    Sorry - I think the Hamsterball beats it for Memorable - if only because of how silly it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Rosenberg has been trash from the jump. At least with Soule, you know you’re getting a creatively bankrupt piece from a corporate shill. Rosenberg and his ilk like to masquerade as X-fans
    People were really excited for Soule's Astonishing...until they read it and it ended up like IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Keep in mind that's just the cheerleading. Marvel doesn't like to acknowledge criticism these days, so the negative stuff probably gets deleted or blocked.

It's funny, I was going through my old 90s DC Trek books not long ago, and reading through the letter column astonished me. There were letters that made a lot of the worst and most insulting rants on Twitter seem like mild rebukes by comparison (and I mean there was "You've destroyed Star Trek you're fat and ugly and nobody likes you and I'm going to set your house on fire and I hope you die with your little dog too!" sort of nastiness. The only thing it DIDN'T have was a lot of the profanity and anti-progressive backlash you're seeing right now). And these were letters DC CHOSE TO PRINT! You're not going to see that today.

Side note: I was also astonished to see just how forthcoming the writer was about how much Paramount and Editorial were directly interfering with the book, and how frustrated he was, which eventually led to him quitting. You would NEVER see a writer today being that candidly negative about their employers in a public form today.
    Marvel did that with gold "We got to issue 17 without one negative letter"...BULLSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Sorry - I think the Hamsterball beats it for Memorable - if only because of how silly it is.
    or those Zorb balls people do on the water with hilarious consequences.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I know. Yet people are gushing over onTwitter, praising Rosenberg, lol.

As someone posted, this was Charles Soule IvX bad.
    I was a little surprised with how many people praised this. Even a couple reviews were high. It just reminds me that people appreciate different stuff about comics. Also, people like to pump the tires of creators they like as much as people like to dog ones they hate.

I also notice that JDW likes to demand that people untag creators from negative Tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Rosenberg has been trash from the jump. At least with Soule, you know you’re getting a creatively bankrupt piece from a corporate shill. Rosenberg and his ilk like to masquerade as X-fans
    I chuckle everytime Rosenberg says he's an X-fan, so far his writing doesn't back up his talk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I also notice that JDW likes to demand that people untag creators from negative Tweets.
    That's a good thing, actually.

Poor Charles Soule, nobody is talking about Return of Wolverine #4

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I chuckle everytime Rosenberg says he's an X-fan, so far his writing doesn't back up his talk
    I dread he's got Uncanny after this. I definitely won't be reading. And I HOPE Sabretooth is not anywhere in Uncanny, because Rosenberg's writing for him is Pak 2.0.I saw enough of that in Phoenix Resurrection. And his character has been destroyed already. Give him to a writer that can do damage control on him. Give him back to Bunn or Brisson -both who have noted they enjoyed writing him, and it showed in their work.

Bunn's Uncanny got cancelled after 20 issues. I hope Rosenberg's doesn't last that long either. He already got a 10 chapter filler ride head-start with Disassembled.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-17-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Oh, he is a fan, but that doesn't automatically mean that he would do a good job, there are many examples of that in the industry.

Tynion on Detective Comics, Slott on Spider-Man, hell i think that Guggenheim was a fan if i remember correctly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Poor Charles Soule, nobody is talking about Return of Wolverine #4
    We talked about it in Logan's Appreciation thread, this board is also pretty indifferent to Wolverine in general, so is not surprise that there isn't more talk.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh, he is a fan, but that doesn't automatically mean that he would do a good job, there are many examples of that in the industry.

Tynion on Detective Comics, Slott on Spider-Man, hell i think that Guggenheim was a fan if i remember correctly.
    Most writers are fans of what they write. Being a fan doesn't really mean anything good or anything ill except that it indicates that you're at least trying your best. Also, never compare the Guggster to my dad and Snyder's boy. Or I will bite my own balls.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I dread he's got Uncanny after this. I definitely won't be reading. And I HOPE Sabretooth is not anywhere in Uncanny, because Rosenberg's writing for him is Pak 2.0.I saw enough of that in Phoenix Resurrection. And his character has been destroyed already. Give him to a writer than can do damage control on him. Give him back to Bunn or Brisson -both who have noted they enjoyed writing him, and it showed in their work.

Bunn's Uncanny got cancelled after 20 issues. I hope Rosenberg's doesn't last that long either. He already got a 10 chapter filler ride head-start with Disassembled.
    If X-Force had Sabretooth instead of Deathlok, I would at least be a little more interested to read it just to see what Ed does with him, despite most of my issues with the book remaining.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Most writers are fans of what they write. Being a fan doesn't really mean anything good or anything ill except that it indicates that you're at least trying your best. Also, never compare the Guggster to my dad and Snyder's boy. Or I will bite my own balls.
    Oh i know, i can think of some examples of fans as writers that actually did a pretty good job with the properties of Marvel and DC, i was just responding to the idea that his writing is bad just because he isn't a fan.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If X-Force had Sabretooth instead of Deathlok, I would at least be a little more interested to read it just to see what Ed does with him, despite most of my issues with the book remaining.
    If Sabretooth were in anything that was written by a good writer, I would be more interested in general. lol Bunn has stated multiple times he enjoyed writing Creed & Monet in his Uncanny run. And yet those character get taken from him & bounced around to writers who have no ideas or plans for them, besides making them gimmicks or tokens. Bunn did a question of the day asking people what characters we wanted to see him write and he gave me a like for saying I wanted him to get Creed & Monet back.

Ed Brisson has given me quite a few likes for the praise I gave him, stating I enjoy how he made Creed edgy & threatening, but also multi-dimensional. And Brisson has always stated he can't wait to write Creed again & would like another crack at him. Hell he did more with Creed in 5 chapters than Pak did in 33 and chances are, more than Rosenberg will ever do.

I'll say the same about Duggan. His Sabretooth of 4 Deadpool issues was better than anything he's been in since last Feb. when he left Brisson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yup, he did that to me when I pointed out the X-Men having yet another extinction plot so soon after IvX is like a broken record.