Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Uh about that Life seed?

Did...Did Legion make Nate forget it when he pulled him into that fake AoA? Did Legion know about the life seed?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Did anyone else understand the X-men's motivation for attacking Xman?
    Planning to remake the world in his own image, which includes

Kidnapping and brainwashing people to be his cult members.

Creating crazy giant animals all around the world, that are rampaging, destroying property and probably killing people

Sending his horsemen to blow up the school and kill the X-men. There could have been students in there, how many children would he have killed.

Sending two horsemen to an oil rig, where they throw people to be eaten by giant sharks

Sending two horsemen into volatile areas to escalate the situation to violence, so they can "observe"

Kidnapping kitty and the senator, causing the plane crash that destroyed an hospital, creating more reason for the protests we see around the world, and having people blame Jean grey for Kidnapping the senator

Telling the whole world he was the one causing all the trouble and mayhem, and that he would remake the world in his own image through 7 days of pain, causing more hate and blame for mutants and the X-Men

Plus, when the X-Men found him, Jean tried to talk to him, asked him to help them understand what he was doing, and he said he had nothing to explain, before Psylocke said they should attack him.

Maybe the life seed will factor in more with the Age of X-Man story, whether it's the key to get the X-Men back into the real world, or something else. I also dug how strong Storm was in this issue. She's always been done really well or really poorly over the years, and seeing her show off this level of power was awesome. It was also really well drawn and coloured when she blasted X-Man.

I did like this run, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in #11. Not sure I'm a fan of two double sized issues in less than a year though.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...embled-part-x/

Extraordinary Member

I just can't understand why the Life Seed was so casually mentioned. It seems like that would be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just can't understand why the Life Seed was so casually mentioned. It seems like that would be a big deal.
    They've got to be building to something with it. I mean it was just left there when Nate disintegrated.

BANNED

I would have liked to have seen the origin of the Life Seed and learned reasons for who was picked as the horsemen over 3 or 4 issues of splash pages of X-Men fighting Multiple Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    They've got to be building to something with it. I mean it was just left there when Nate disintegrated.
    That just makes this worse and more glaring that they should have done more with it before they just threw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    What if the life seed universe contains the pocket dimension. The way the mkraan crystal contains the white hot room dimension

1) A story full of sound and fury yet signifying nothing.

2) Wow what an exciting and thrilling lead in to some more miniseries.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    spoilers:

What really happened at the end of the battle?

Did X-Man killed everybody else and himself? Or did he just vanished them into an alternate reality?

end of spoilers
    Vanished into a series of five issue miniseries.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Back when fans weren't so easily enraged, these were the type of things that fans would actually have fun with and maybe get a No-Prize for their efforts.

The fact of comics is that not every character and every plot point is given equal weight. In a shared universe comprised of hundreds of characters in constant narrative motion, it would be impossible to do so.

Not everything that happens to every character requires an on-panel explanation. What seems very important to some fans, is a negligible detail to others.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I was having a little laugh with Jordan's dumb tweet, but you can't deny it's a snapshot of his actual thinking and approach to editing.

We're in an era where there is no consistency and no quality assurance. It predates Jordan White with Ketchum and Paniccia -- which was recently revisited by Bunn and Hopeless, but continues with White -- as evidenced by this event's execution and what we now know (and easily guessed before) about the writing process of the terrible 'Disassembled' being a clusterf*ck.

Maybe it's a Marvel problem -- maybe they're like "hey, Jordan, don't put our creators on any kind of leash, because people are afraid to work with us and we don't want to scare these new creators off!" Wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, "back then" these occasions were relatively few and far between, which gave them a certain amount of novelty and got the editors/writers chided playfully. (I'm sure there were overly-aggressive fans, but I'm willing to bet the climate was much different then -- definitely was from my perspective, at least.) The storytelling was also better and the cohesion of the books was tighter! Now, the constant "mistakes" are part of the status quo. We can't even get a consistent depiction of a character appearing in multiple concurrent books (hello, Emma Frost)!

Is Anole's appearance singularly the issue? No. (Do I care for Anole? No.) The issue is constant bumbling that builds a body of work where nothing matters, because nothing has consequences. Why bother caring? It's probably just going to randomly change off-panel and we'll just have to make up reasons why the story we read is invalidated in one way or another shortly after its publication.

Oh well!

Screenshot_20190117-095134_2.jpg