Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I meant besides that.
    Because no one stops to think about what they're actually doing with X-Stuff anymore, so they took the name of a famous Avengers event that broke the team up without either realizing or caring about what that title actually meant. That is literally it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I thought this was pretty good tbh. Jean actually had a plan instead of just randomly fighting, and it was mostly succesful. Her, Betsy and Ororo all have cool moments, nice that they didn't get jobbed. I also really liked Jean's interactions with Nate on his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm all for some fuzzy blue cat blaming when necessary, but that was kind of out of his hands. Anole just screwed up more than him.

Considering the history of invasions of the mansion and the laboratory at this point hoped the X-men would have a better security system.

Besides who leaves something that can exterminate an entire species within range of the hands of children or young people?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Pixie probably came back. I don't there's an inconsistency with Blindfold.
    Pixie was supposed to come back, so that would not be unexpected. Blindfold is in UXM (it seems) and also on the cover of one of the Age of X-Man books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    One of the most poorly-conceived X-Men stories I've ever read. Hard to find something to appreciate in it. Sage's comeback, I guess?

PS: Jean has already become unberable since her return. Congrats to all involved.
    Well, I really liked her in this issue.

I wonder how I'd feel about this event if they'd cut out a lot of the bloat?

Remember in the first few issues where the X-Men fought a dinosaur? That was a thing, wasn't it?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It wasn't so bad. I liked Jean's interactions with X-man and Psylocke and Warren brief tease (i like the couple)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I thought this was pretty good tbh. Jean actually had a plan instead of just randomly fighting, and it was mostly succesful. Her, Betsy and Ororo all have cool moments, nice that they didn't get jobbed. I also really liked Jean's interactions with Nate on his mind.
    I don't see how you were expecting otherwise, since the entire narrative was built around Jean having cool moments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    And how did Anole know Beast was even working on a vaccine?
    Somewhere in this story I think someone wrote something that messed up some facts, but Beast is not really working on a vaccine so much as he has the last remaining vial of the Hope serum. A few people would know he had it and people definitely knew it existed. That said, just how it ends up stolen does not seem to add up for lots of reasons.

BANNED

I meant besides that.
    But that's pretty much it. Even the story beats are the same. Some uber powerful member going crazy, the team is dissolved, the two big bosses have to assemble a new team with members not associated with the title.

The main thing with Disassembled, the original, is that it started a new exciting status quo for the Avengers. I don't know if it will do the same for the X-Men, but that's what they seem to be aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I wonder how I'd feel about this event if they'd cut out a lot of the bloat?

Remember in the first few issues where the X-Men fought a dinosaur? That was a thing, wasn't it?
    The weird events around the world and the Horsemen of Salvation were fill-in plots with no propose.

I meant besides that.
    Avengers are most famous at the moment. And the title implies that there would be consequences for the X-mens like the Avengers at the end of the story.
    Basically you attract more readers using a famous title just as Age of X-man derives from AoA.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    But that's pretty much it. Even the story beats are the same. Some uber powerful member going crazy, the team is dissolved, the two big bosses have to assemble a new team with members not associated with the title.

The main thing with Disassembled, the original, is that it started a new exciting status quo for the Avengers. I don't know if it will do the same for the X-Men, but that's what they seem to be aiming for.
    If they were going to rip off the name of some old event, and they don't seem to mind using the exact same name, why not just use Fall of the Mutants.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    One of the most poorly-conceived X-Men stories I've ever read. Hard to find something to appreciate in it. Sage's comeback, I guess?

PS: Jean has already become unberable since her return. Congrats to all involved.
    Yeah. Her attempts to resolve conflicts with villains by peaceful means seem ridiculous and naive to me.

That was a good end to a pretty weak series. Obviously should've been much shorter, had some ridiculous pis, few characters where actually in the spotlight with such a big cast, and the series was fights 80% of the time with boring dialog and no planning. Overall 6/10. Wasn't bad and had some moments with good art, but much of it was unessesary.

It was nice to see Storm actually doing something and had a big part in the end, but this series still failed to capture her voice and leadership. It was cool to see Armor taking charge but I don't understand why she was the only one who was smart enough to plan things and not just rush in a battle unlike the veteran X-Men. They said Bishop was going to have a big role but I must've missed it. It was nice seeing Sage...for a few panels.

Character wise it overall felt like the movies, everyone in the cast would get their turn to shine, but most of the focus is on a few characters while the others never prove their place and honestly would give the same feeling if they where replaced with anyone else or simply wasn't there.