Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    only an idiot would proclaim themselves to be the smartest.
    First, this. Intelligence is NOT a simple linear measure. And the real geniuses claim to be the third or fourth smartest. What that does is gets everybody wondering who the others two or three are. Additionally, at extremes there is no simple A is always better than B. Sometimes B beats A.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Lunella has canonically been established as the smartest there is, so I would expect the answer to be her.
    Yeah, the Lunella thing is canon. But if there's not a Val/Lunella mix someone at Marvel needs to go to bed without supper. Even with the number of girl geniuses at Marvel now, I expect Val and Lunella would be the top two and neither seems to be comfortable settling for second place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Honestly who cares they are both super smart. Any difference is too little to get worried about.
    I think they're both smart, but you gotta admit, the obvious factors that work against Lunella are interesting to consider.

I mean, I love Val, but doesn't she just come across as one of those people who would never admit that she got handed a lot in life? She's a very wealthy and pretty white girl who's father is one of the smartest and most respected men in the universe.

One thing about Val is, she's sort of one of those geniuses who rolled a 10 in intelligence and a 3 in wisdom. Just like her dad, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Morbius the Living Vampire, Tony Stark, Hank McCoy...pretty much everyone who would make a Marvel Top 20 Smartest People List, actually.
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 01-17-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think they're both smart, but you gotta admit, the obvious factors that work against Lunella are interesting to consider.

I mean, I love Val, but doesn't she just come across as one of those people who would never admit that she got handed a lot in life? She's a very wealthy and pretty white girl who's father is one of the smartest and most respected men in the universe.

One thing about Val is, she's sort of one of those geniuses who rolled a 10 in intelligence and a 3 in wisdom. Just like her dad, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Morbius the Living Vampire, Tony Stark, Hank McCoy...pretty much everyone who would make a Marvel Top 20 Smartest People List, actually.
    That made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    That made me chuckle.
    It's funny because it's totally true.

I would like to take a little time to say about 2 years ago maybe(maybe less) I saw a thread on this forum which ask where all female super scientist and nobody at time really fit the bill you got couple of Alyssa Moy but no real strong candidates.Today it is different even though most of them are young which means they are stuck behind Tony,Dr Doom or Reed in events so they won't get as much feats they are legit female characters who at some point we will be seen on the same level as those characters. Moongirl, Valeria, Shuri, RiRi Williams and Nadia. Who is the smartest? No clue I just hope no character like Reed Richards is ever made again honestly where they feel like they are better than other characters. Intelligence and Science have way to many specialities for one character to rule them all so to speak. I like having a bunch of high level geniuses and each having their speciality.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah, the Lunella thing is canon. But if there's not a Val/Lunella mix someone at Marvel needs to go to bed without supper. Even with the number of girl geniuses at Marvel now, I expect Val and Lunella would be the top two and neither seems to be comfortable settling for second place.
    Yeah, Nadia knows that too - she tried to recruit Lunella when she was setting up GIRL. GIRL's members are all geniuses in different scientific fields, but Lunella and Valeria are both omnidisciplinary.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It would be interesting to read just to see each of them correcting each other.

Maybe Marvel should make the Hulk into Luna's science teacher/father figure.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I would like to take a little time to say about 2 years ago maybe(maybe less) I saw a thread on this forum which ask where all female super scientist and nobody at time really fit the bill you got couple of Alyssa Moy but no real strong candidates.Today it is different even though most of them are young which means they are stuck behind Tony,Dr Doom or Reed in events so they won't get as much feats they are legit female characters who at some point we will be seen on the same level as those characters. Moongirl, Valeria, Shuri, RiRi Williams and Nadia. Who is the smartest? No clue I just hope no character like Reed Richards is ever made again honestly where they feel like they are better than other characters. Intelligence and Science have way to many specialities for one character to rule them all so to speak. I like having a bunch of high level geniuses and each having their speciality.
    It is nice to see so many really smart female scientist characters, even if they are all really young at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    That made me chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's funny because it's totally true.
    At some point, Val is going to be testing something and end up turning herself into something. We all know it'll happen one day.

Sorta feel that when you reach a certain level of intelligence that it can't really be measured. I for sure feel that Marvel's "smartest" rankings are dumb.

Who really cares if Val or Lunella is smarter? Why does it matter? Does it make one or the other a better character?

I would argue no...
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Sorta feel that when you reach a certain level of intelligence that it can't really be measured. I for sure feel that Marvel's "smartest" rankings are dumb.

Who really cares if Val or Lunella is smarter? Why does it matter? Does it make one or the other a better character?

I would argue no...
    I'd think it's be in character for Val to care.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Val would definitely care and Lunella would pretend not to care. She would totally care.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I could see that too. But I guess I'm saying, I wouldn't want a story about either proving who was smarter. Being super smart has always just been a plot device to explain away stuff anyways. A story for the "fight of brains" would just lead to more fan devision which I somewhat feel fans as a whole are tired of.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-17-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I could see that too. But I guess I'm saying, I wouldn't want a story about either proving who was smarter. Being super smart has always just been a plot device to explain away stuff anyways. A story for the "fight of brains" would just lead to more fan devision which I somewhat feel fans as a whole are tired of.
    A good story won't decide who is smarter. But a good relationship between the two will encompass a lot of real life rivalries and envies that we see in folks at the tops of their fields. I'm looking forward to Val and Lunella more than I was looking forward to seeing Reed and Victor. The connection has been there since we saw the Future Foundation letter on Lunella's wall.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A good story won't decide who is smarter. But a good relationship between the two will encompass a lot of real life rivalries and envies that we see in folks at the tops of their fields. I'm looking forward to Val and Lunella more than I was looking forward to seeing Reed and Victor. The connection has been there since we saw the Future Foundation letter on Lunella's wall.
    It needs to be revealed that Val rejected Lunella’s application out of jealousy. There is so much interesting potential with their dynamic. Screw Reed and Doom, that’s been done to death. Bring on Val and Lunella!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

what if val also needs a dinosaur so she turns franklin into a dinosaur

with FEATHERS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate