Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

All depends on who is writing the story, doesn't it?

In the pages of Fantastic Four -- Val would beat Lunella in a battle of wits.
    In Moon Girl -- Lunella will make Val look like an idiot.

Extraordinary Member

Seeing these two try and work together would be fun.

so where does Nadia Van Dyne rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    During the initial development, they had to take away a few points from her Intelligence stat to put more towards CQC (close-quarters combat), and to add the wholesomeness perk so Nadia would be better suited to survive in the Red Room server. Overall, a very solid new character build, but the devs will have to take another look at her after the next big patch when the rest of the tier list changes around her.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    During the initial development, they had to take away a few points from her Intelligence stat to put more towards CQC (close-quarters combat), and to add the wholesomeness perk so Nadia would be better suited to survive in the Red Room server. Overall, a very solid new character build, but the devs will have to take another look at her after the next big patch when the rest of the tier list changes around her.
    I accept this explanation.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I thought it was Shuri, because movie trumps comics in everything Marvel nowadays.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

let's not forget Finesse. i'm betting that she's at the lower end (6 or 7 on a top 10 list of nu-female geniuses), though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think they're both smart, but you gotta admit, the obvious factors that work against Lunella are interesting to consider.

I mean, I love Val, but doesn't she just come across as one of those people who would never admit that she got handed a lot in life? She's a very wealthy and pretty white girl who's father is one of the smartest and most respected men in the universe.

One thing about Val is, she's sort of one of those geniuses who rolled a 10 in intelligence and a 3 in wisdom. Just like her dad, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Morbius the Living Vampire, Tony Stark, Hank McCoy...pretty much everyone who would make a Marvel Top 20 Smartest People List, actually.
    Pym, McCoy, Banner, Morbius are not smarter than Magneto and Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Pym, McCoy, Banner, Morbius are not smarter than Magneto and Sinister.
    certainly not Sinister. the latter basically punked the High Evolutionary while working under him. he also figured out mutancy w/o any existing research to work from. on that note, Phineas Horton is the GOAT if we're talking about robotics. Jim Hammond is wayyy more complex a creation than Ultron; where it counts. after him, i'd need to mention James Braddock sr; although i think he cheated by using magic.

Extraordinary Member

I would argue that Sinister appears smarter because he tends to keep his focus on mutants and he's lived for much, much longer than most of the other people I listed. He also has some access to Apocalypse's Celestial tech. Sinister is also an amoral monster who is happy to take his experiments to places that the others cannot.

Magneto is helped by his own powers and, yet again, is pretty long lived.

I would like to point out that Morbius actually does have a cure for the dreaded zombie virus. A cure and a vaccine, both of which actually work. And he brought Frank Castle back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    She and the entire GIRL team are pretty high on the list. But Amadeus Cho and several adult males (Tony, Reed, Doom, T'Challa) would bump them down some places.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She will face thinks Val won't have to worry about like just existing
    I think mutants are hated more than Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I think mutants are hated more than Inhumans.
    I think that's true in the sense that countries or companies find some kind of benefit technology wise so they kinda let the inhumans pass. But to the regular folks who hate mutants if your not part of the royal family than they're going to beat the crap out of you regardless if your an inhuman.

They're was an issue where that happens.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Lunella has more in common with Forge than she does Reed and Doom (who Valeria is similar to). Her power is that of superhuman invention, she hasn't even shown to be similar to the Leader in terms of her superpower being intellect and The Leader has never really been on the same plane as Reed, Doom, The High Evolutionary, Kang, Apocalypse, and the like. Valeria has done more to establish her reputation whereas Lunella was given a title from her inception that she has yet to live up to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Lunella has more in common with Forge than she does Reed and Doom (who Valeria is similar to). Her power is that of superhuman invention, she hasn't even shown to be similar to the Leader in terms of her superpower being intellect and The Leader has never really been on the same plane as Reed, Doom, The High Evolutionary, Kang, Apocalypse, and the like. Valeria has done more to establish her reputation whereas Lunella was given a title from her inception that she has yet to live up to.
    As we have already said, Val has a lot of advantages Lunella doesn't. She is older, she is much more well connected and she's around people and situations that are going to let her flex her brain.

Lunella is smarter than she is, but Lunella also began life in a normal family where superhero politics wasn't dinner conversation.