Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who's smarter: Valeria Richards or Lunella Lafayette?

Just wondering since Valeria described herself as the world's smartest girl in the most recent FF.

only an idiot would proclaim themselves to be the smartest.

Well, for years they got traction out of "who" with Reed and Victor, so who knows. Essentially, there can never be a true answer. Also, throw in Reed, Victor and Blue Marvel and you have 3 more contenders.

Whichever one becomes more popular when they're mcu-ized

just kidding (half kidding)
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Extraordinary Member

I think Valeria is less constrained by things like morals and she has her dad to bounce ideas off of.

Lunella is sort of on her own a lot of the time but she still manages to do some cool ****.

A lot of Lunella's knowledge is self taught, she has to build her inventions out of whatever junk she can find or what she has available to her, and it's always surprisingly effective even though they look like toys.

Valeria has access to her father, the resources of the Fantastic Four, the Future Foundation and Latveria. She has more to work with, money, lab equipments, research that hasn't been widely published, a family that takes her on trips across the multiverse to study.

So you can't really compare them

I can't imagine Dan getting to like #700 and not doing a story about this. Lunella even already knows Ben and John.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Captain Britain's daughter.
    #EmmaWasRight

Isn't Val much older than Lunella now? I don't imagine they'd have a huge rivalry.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Lunella has canonically been established as the smartest there is, so I would expect the answer to be her.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ben and Johnny may know Lunella, but Valeria may well not have heard of her yet. This needs resolving posthaste.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Canonically, Luna Lafayette. But, if you use real world logic, Valeria is clearly advantaged. Lunella is from a middle class family, go on a public school with normal children, and don't have access to the newest discoveries and genius scientists who can challenge her. On contrary, Valeria is a privileged child: She is the daughter of a Billionaire Genius, who share all his knowledge and toys with her, and she was a member of an elite school of child genius (the future fondation) who challenged her every day.
    There is an interesting story about innate and acquired aptitude, and how birth and money privilege give unfair advantages (but it can be a very preachy and boring story)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Canonically, Luna Lafayette. But, if you use real world logic, Valeria is clearly advantaged. Lunella is from a middle class family, go on a public school with normal children, and don't have access to the newest discoveries and genius scientists who can challenge her. On contrary, Valeria is a privileged child: She is the daughter of a Billionaire Genius, who share all his knowledge and toys with her, and she was a member of an elite school of child genius (the future fondation) who challenged her every day.
    There is an interesting story about innate and acquired aptitude, and how birth and money privilege give unfair advantages (but it can be a very preachy and boring story)
    Lunella has a tan that doesn't go away. She will face thinks Val won't have to worry about like just existing.

Val would never have to prove she's smart to anybody who will constantly QUESTION anything Lunella (specifically RIRI) do. Nevermind whose Val's parents are.

You can do the story and show there is a LOT Val doesn't know and vice versa.

You can have all the money and access to this and that but who is deadlier when push comes to shove.

The kid who has everything to make anything or the kid who doesn't and learns to IMPROVISE. We got 7 years of MacGyver & Stewie & Urkel say Hi.

BANNED

imagine Valeria vs Luna: the smackdown of the smartest mini series. Valeria would form a team with all the major braniacs to take on her while she attracts all the mavericks.

Honestly who cares they are both super smart. Any difference is too little to get worried about.