Default Weakest vampire hunter to beat Dio Brando

As the title says who has what it takes to take down Dio in two different scenarios: 1. Phantom Blood Dio 2. Stardust Crusaders DIO with The World.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Jonathan Joestar and Jotaro Jostar, frankly. Hamon is basically a silver bullet weakness for vampires, and the weakest counter to the World as demonstrated is Star Platinum.

Like, the fact that the victories the Joestars had were so touch and go kind of proves this. Now, theoretically you could replace them with some one else. Someone with some sort AoE solar attack, but that's the sort of move that doesn't feel "weak" for vampire hunting.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

So I know basically nothing about JoJo except that like, Dio's biggest trump card is a timestop, right? 'Cause Soma Cruz and Julius Belmont are both outright immune to those, so one of them might have a chance if the powerscale is otherwise right. Plus Julius has the Vampire Killer.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    So I know basically nothing about JoJo except that like, Dio's biggest trump card is a timestop, right? 'Cause Soma Cruz and Julius Belmont are both outright immune to those, so one of them might have a chance if the powerscale is otherwise right. Plus Julius has the Vampire Killer.
    The time stop is a big one, but he's also a vampire who can ignore bullets to the head, shatter 20 square foot chunk of walls with one blow, fire lasers from his eyes, pull off all sorts of weird bodily control things, plus a bunch of less arena relevant powers like making zombies or enslaving minds with weird bio cell things. And he also has what basically amounts to a ghost shadow bodyguard that can punch hard enough to stop a moving car flat and catch bullets out of the air.

No idea how that power scale compares to your picks though.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The time stop is a big one, but he's also a vampire who can ignore bullets to the head, shatter 20 square foot chunk of walls with one blow, fire lasers from his eyes, pull off all sorts of weird bodily control things, plus a bunch of less arena relevant powers like making zombies or enslaving minds with weird bio cell things. And he also has what basically amounts to a ghost shadow bodyguard that can punch hard enough to stop a moving car flat and catch bullets out of the air.

soma, at his best, will throwing out all kinds of attacks that it will make your head spin. (one of his souls gives him a star platinum style stand).

and julius has the vampire killer, which is like............demon kryptonite. seriously, if you are evil and undead or something and you get hit with it, you will either die or will want to die.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. Aside from the Joestars of course Soma and Julius seem pretty strong. Now I'm not well versed in all things Castlevania, most of my knowledge comes from the Netflix show and Smash Ultimate, so I'll take your words on it.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far everyone. Aside from the Joestars of course Soma and Julius seem pretty strong. Now I'm not well versed in all things Castlevania, most of my knowledge comes from the Netflix show and Smash Ultimate, so I'll take your words on it.
    soma is, spoiler alert, the human reincarnation of dracula from the year 2035. his main power is that of dominance, which allows him to absorb the souls of monsters he has killed and allows him to use their powers as his own.

julius belmont was the vampire hunter who finally killed Dracula for good during the demon castle war in 1999, with the help of other allies. there is a lot of lore and backstory to get into here, if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Outside of Julius going ham with his uber cross thing (which causes large parts of a castle in the distant background to start crumbling as a side effect), his attacks are roughly on the level of shattering stone. The Vampire Killer whip is, like master of read said, very much vampire kryptonite. Its mere presence in Dracula's castle was stopping his ability to auto-rez. In the Netflix Castlevania series (which may be of dubious canonicity; I'm not sure) it outright makes powerful non-Dracula vampires explode on contact.

That said, neither Soma or Julius have any bullet time feats that I'm aware of, though Julius pulls off afterimages at least, so they're probably screwed. Julius might manage simply because in addition to durability on par with (or better than) Soma's, the aforementioned castle-crumbling attack is a pretty big AoE. My emotional opinion though, is that if you put a vampire in front of a Belmont, the Belmont will find a way to kill it.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-18-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I agree with Jonathan Joestar, his victories over Dio were always super knife edge.

J moves around pretty damn well for a guy nearly 50 years old.

There is.... ONE reason Soma might have a chance...

J moves around pretty damn well for a guy nearly 50 years old.
    Pretty sure he's pushing 60 by the time of Aria, unless he defeated Dracula when he was like, 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    There is.... ONE reason Soma might have a chance...

Pretty sure he's pushing 60 by the time of Aria, unless he defeated Dracula when he was like, 10.
    they didn't really give an age for julius. only that he was up there in years. the demon castle war took place in 1999 and the envents of AOS took place in 2035. so he would, at the earliest, have had to be at least 20.