Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default The God Blast: Thor's Kamehameha

It's epic things like this that makes me sad that Thor was Always considered a b-list character (at least until JMS run) while the world favored Wolverine.

Thor kind of forgot about the God-Blast after Ragnarok, in 2005, and it never got used again. A lot of the power levels of characters were reduced during that period 2005 - 2015, including Thor and Doctor Strange. Maybe that could be rectified in a reboot?

I have to admit, if I never saw the God-Blast again, I'd be OK with the situation. It was popularized in the Dan Jurgens run, but he really over-used it, to the point of Mjolnir being treated less like a hammer, and more like a ray gun that just happened to be hammer-shaped.

Now, if you want epic Thor, read Simonson.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have to admit, if I never saw the God-Blast again, I'd be OK with the situation. It was popularized in the Dan Jurgens run, but he really over-used it, to the point of Mjolnir being treated less like a hammer, and more like a ray gun that just happened to be hammer-shaped.

Now, if you want epic Thor, read Simonson.
    I don't remember Thor overdoing the godblast, but he sure as hell fire a lot of "Anti-Force". I mean, he cannot go through an issue without saying it.

Astonishing Member

I can't recall jurgens using it ��

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't remember Thor overdoing the godblast, but he sure as hell fire a lot of "Anti-Force". I mean, he cannot go through an issue without saying it.
    I may be confusing them. Visually, they are quite similar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I may be confusing them. Visually, they are quite similar.
    True that, and anti force was used a lot

I'm wondering if he can even still do the god blasts with his great value brand hammers he's presently using.

Generally speaking I think its fine that he has the ability provided there are reasons he doesn't do it all the time.

BANNED

lol imagine thor spouting the asgardian version of the nonsensical incantations of Goku before launching the god blast. Ka Mi Kaaa oops I mean thunder thunder thunder thunder god Hoooooooooo!!!!! LOL

Ultimate Member

Thor has been stripped of a lot of his "awesomeness" in the last few years. In recent times, he hasn't even used the hammer much beyond throwing lightning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Thor has been stripped of a lot of his "awesomeness" in the last few years. In recent times, he hasn't even used the hammer much beyond throwing lightning.
    He's a shadow of his former power

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm wondering if he can even still do the god blasts with his great value brand hammers he's presently using.

Generally speaking I think its fine that he has the ability provided there are reasons he doesn't do it all the time.
    He is shooting portions of his life force at people.

Spamming it would drain him of energy, then likely kill him.

Where did all those many great value hammers come from? I thought there were only two hammers in the original 616.

Thor was an A-List character from the 60s to the 80s (for the most part). He always had some of the top talent in the industry come through.

But, yea, since 2004-5ish many of the big hitters and powerful characters have been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Thor was an A-List character from the 60s to the 80s (for the most part). He always had some of the top talent in the industry come through.

But, yea, since 2004-5ish many of the big hitters and powerful characters have been nerfed.
    I almost think you functionally HAVE to nerf Thor a little bit when you have a character THAT powerful on an earth bound setting as often as he is. But they probably went a little too far in the other direction in recent years.