Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Would everyone had liked this better if the solicits were like Age of then have confidential like they do sometimes? Not reveal Age of X Man.
    I think that is a large part of the issue. That due to social media and image & listing previews it kills story interest if you already know the fallout before the event even starts. IMO that's why those of us reading during "the Muir Island Saga", "X-Cutioner's Song", and AOA were so keen on things was because outside of the preview cover art in the back of the issue you had no clue what was coming next. Had they just kept it all quiet and secret for Age of X-Man I think some of the problems people are feeling about this would have been less pronounced. But they were trying to hype it up, which backfired.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The more I think about War of the Realms, the more that I think you have to take the X-Men off the board for it to work
    What about the X-Men stops it from working?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What about the X-Men stops it from working?
    Well, for one, they're a large group of heros, many of whom have elemental powers that would quickly take care of the Frost Giants and fire based enemies.

The mansion has fortified areas that could hold people and the X-Men are currently located in New York.

Taking so many of them off the board means far fewer characters to help out, which ups the stakes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

But the X-Men have always had trouble with Asgardian or Thor-type enemies in the past so it wouldn't matter.

Since Sunspot and the New Mutants are still here, you know what that means

I am reviving this DECEASED topic to bring up this podcast I'm hearing with KT where she talks about co-writing and how, in regards to UXM, the quality control she's used to was lacking and she had to just let go and accept things. Also how they were on equal footing to the point where no one wanted to overstep their bounds and take control if they felt things were going off the rails, and that the story suffered as a result.

It's here--

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vo46hfhmkwM&t=15m39s
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I am reviving this DECEASED topic to bring up this podcast I'm hearing with KT where she talks about co-writing and how, in regards to UXM, the quality control she's used to was lacking and she had to just let go and accept things. Also how they were on equal footing to the point where no one wanted to overstep their bounds and take control if they felt things were going off the rails, and that the story suffered as a result.

It's here--

Surprised to hear that much candor and a willingness to admit they just done messed up.

I recently read the arc ten issues in a row, it was pretty meh, nothing horrible but also nothing amazing. I probably would be more pissed about it if i was a fan of Nate Grey, but i'm not so...shrug
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Surprised to hear that much candor and a willingness to admit they just done messed up.
    Hopeless and Bunn being way more blunt last week was still the GOAT.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Hopeless and Bunn being way more blunt last week was still the GOAT.
    What'd Bunn say? Last I heard his bluntness, he mentioned how he didn't want the 05 or Blue, and only wrote it due to getting to keep Magneto.

I read over Uncanny 1-10 yesterday, and while there were things that I liked (certain character moments here and there) I felt overall it was a very uneven story. There were definitely problems and there were moments of bad dialogue (example: when Magneto regains his self after being controlled by Nate).

The whole council with the senator, apocalypse, and Kitty also fell flat for me. The story with the kids didn't work for me. What the story did succeed in is being a set-up for another story (Age of X-man).

It's here--

4 days without a topic doesn’t make it deceased, why are you like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    What'd Bunn say? Last I heard his bluntness, he mentioned how he didn't want the 05 or Blue, and only wrote it due to getting to keep Magneto.
    All of this is worth a listen. Dennis' handsome face, UWU!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8KbDQM9ffBc

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    4 days without a topic doesn’t make it deceased, why are you like this?
    Like a gastrotrich, all threads die within three days.

It's here--

KT talking about the constantly-shifting narrative makes sense since Armor had a different argument every week and Jean had a different reaction every week but it was all still framed under "the students don't like being treated like students" despite that being dropped at like....issue 3? 4?

All of this is worth a listen. Dennis' handsome face, UWU!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8KbDQM9ffBc
    choo choo!
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.