Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What did you think of Disassembled?

JaffyJayne here, so we’ve finally finished the new epic x-event, Disassembled.
    Will this go in the X-Cutioner’s Song, Messiah compleX, Dark Phoenix Saga column or be more in line with The Twelve, Battle of the Atom and IvX?

I have quite mixed feelings about the story.
    I really REALLY wanted to love it, I read digitally and this was the first time in a long while that I went to the comic store and bought an issue (issue 1). The hype was through the roof but the reality after all 10 issues is one of disappointment.

I did love the art, especially R.B. Silva.
    I also loved the weekly release, I could not have handled this once a month.
    I loved that they did try to give everyone a little spotlight and redefine where everyone was (Polaris, Northstar, Jubilee etc).
    I love that they have a “bigger plan” for this and the x-universe, feels like someone is making sure the dots are connected across the franchise.

I did not like the fighting scenes. The action was pretty awful, it just felt like X-Men were jumping around with no coordination. I get that there’s a lot of characters but none of them really had any feats except for X-23 ruining the MLF and Psylocke’s new arsonry.
    A lot of missed opportunities. Twice we saw Polaris going to take on Magneto. Twice it just faded after two panels into the background.

What were your pros and cons?
    I didn’t want to fully hate on this event so positive comments welcome!

It focused too much on future plot points and the lead into this Uncanny needed more fleshing out.

-What happened to Mag's brotherhood?
    -How is Legion alive?
    -WHy was Kitty important again?
    -WHat was Nate dying from? Where has he been?

Some of these may be answered later on but if it had concrete answers here and now, I'd feel better about them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

It was very poorly put together in my opinion. Everything excluding the last 2 pages was forgettable. It really gave me greater appreciation for the Avengers No Surrender.

Extraordinary Member

I thought the first issue, with the back ups, set up some interesting potential.

I liked the idea of Nate and Legion as two opponents with the X-Men caught in the middle.

The scene with Angel carrying Psylocke in to take down Storm was well done, and him swooping to catch them both.

Cyclops.

That's about all I got for positives, I've been negative enough about this relaunch (does that count as negative?)

BANNED

Disassembled was the event with Xman ?
    Well serioulsy doesn't care at all. The only think taht I found good was Scott coming back...and that the mutant were wipe out. Other than that I don't even remember what happen It was not deeep and good enough to really peek my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I thought the first issue, with the back ups, set up some interesting potential.

I liked the idea of Nate and Legion as two opponents with the X-Men caught in the middle.

The scene with Angel carrying Psylocke in to take down Storm was well done, and him swooping to catch them both.

Cyclops.

That's about all I got for positives, I've been negative enough about this relaunch (does that count as negative?)
    Ah yeah. WHy did they stop the back-ups? WOulda been a great way to expand on things. Plus it gave me the idea that things would be more widespread battlefield wise.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

They did too much, didn't have enough time. Now we have house of M 2 rapture of the x men

poll poll poll we need dat poll
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

too decompressed, too many meaningless crowded fight scenes, which aren't really fun fight scenes

Spectacular Member

I had not bought an xmen title since I heard they were being pushed aside due to the movies. Did not like the inhumans direction at all. Definitely not hyped to read more from any of this creative team. The xmen editors still do not have their act together. Seems quantity is better than quality.

BANNED

I liked the first half better, with issues 2 & 5 bein' the ones I enjoyed most. The latter part, from 6 on, was where it lost me.

There were a few bits with Polaris that I appreciated, some of the team compositions were cool, and the spot-the-Mutant cameos toward the end were fun.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Cyclops.

I agree with all the positives you listed.

The event had potential, but execution was kind of a mess and felt rushed.

-Nice art.
    -Questionable characterization, esp. with X-Man, X-23, Anole, and Armor.
    -Too much filler and essentially recyclable mob attack sequences (how many times did the X-Men all jump X-Man?). The arc should have been 6 issues biweekly instead of 10 issues weekly.
    -Any suspense was killed both by spoilers in the recap pages as well as knowing before the event even started about it leading into Age of X-Man.
    -All in all? It was underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I dropped early and came back at the last issue because it was boring to me.
    From what i read, so much stuff was happening but at the same time nothing was important. Only the last issue was relevant and it because the age of X-man thing.
    After X-men Red, Disassembled felt like a downgrade for Jean.
    Fight scenes were too crowded.

But not everything was bad I liked Jean being important. Storm, Warren and Betsy had some cool moments and I enjoyed X-man new look and interactions with Jean.

BANNED

A haphazard mishmash, sums it up pretty succinctly, me thinX.