Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

This story's main issues seem to stem from having 3 different writers, and from having too many spoilers from solicitations.
    We all effectively knew how the story would end (With the X-men all gone) all the way back in issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Most of it was pointless filler. It's clear they were only interested in the ending. They could've done this in two issues, or one special one-shot or something.
    Agreed.

They wanted to drag it out and make money and take time though. I can’t blame them from a business perspective but from an ethical perspective it seeks kinda lame.

My take is: as long as readers continue to buy #1 issues and events/mini events, the more this will continue to happen. I’m not sure what the sales figures were for this but I assume they were better than the end of blue/gold sales figures.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    This story's main issues seem to stem from having 3 different writers, and from having too many spoilers from solicitations.
    We all effectively knew how the story would end (With the X-men all gone) all the way back in issue 1.
    Yea spoils and solicits really take a lot of the drama out. I suppose I’ll have to try harder to avoid solicitation and spoiler pages. But even then sometimes spoilers happen due to the different in-universe time inconsistencies (e.g. the 05 being absent in disassembled despite extermination not being over). So even avoiding solicits and previews isn’t a gursnteeed spoiler proof strategy.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member

I also feel like they were trying to coincide it with the War of the Realms event so as to explain why the X-Men weren't there.

That being said, I feel like they could have kept the same number of issues had they allowed for more orchestrated build up. The large writing team is clearly full of talented people, but there might just be too many cooks in the kitchwn.

BANNED

pretty bad- the last issue was my favorite and I didn't even like half of it

but have to admit, did enjoy them fighting dinos because dinos are cool

not a fan of any of the writers really and this didn't help, so not excited to see them shape the future of the franchise

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Frenzy is back in her old outfit, seemingly ditching her superior look she donned during Age of X and stuck with
    Just like Monet, the X-Office is stuck on certain dated looks regarding the characters. I am still waiting for someone to come up with a good costume for Monet & ditch that awful X-factor outfit from 8 years ago.

We've no idea why so many mutants were absent from the backup enlisted by Jean & Pixie- where are Blink, Cecilia Reyes, Chamber, Danger, Dust, Hellion, Hollow, Mondo
    Mystique, Pyro, Sabretooth, Siryn, Sunspot etc.?
    Siryn hasn't been in anything since her Morrigan days has she? Was she in the collage of X-Men Jean summered last issue?

Jean probably didn't call Mystique for the reason she wouldn't call Emma -lack of trust given how villainous they can both be. Same for Sabretooth, whom she doesn't have good history with. Not to mention Sabretooth is wandering in the Saskatchewan woods & so far, nobody knows or cares what happened to him -and they have no reason to. lol

But it does get confusing how they divide stuff up. Logic would say any characters not there weren't called, conveniently because they're elsewhere doing other things.

For example Rogue & Gambit aren't here. May be due to them being in Mr. & Mrs. X where they're still in space I think. So they weren't on Earth when this was going down and won't end up in the AoX. That works. Same for X-Force.

Mystique is on Cyclops' hit-list in Uncanny, so she's gonna be there. Magneto and Apocalypse are also on the list, but given them being in AoX, Scott probably won't be facing them first. Instead he'll start with Sinister, Mystique, and the others who aren't in the AoX. Omega Red didn't seem to get sucked in for some reason, unless he does pop up in it later.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I've objectively read worse stories, but I honestly can't picture myself soldiering through the whole thing had the event lasted ten MONTHS.

It looked good, Apocalypse was pure gold whenever he had something to say and the Madrox subplot was hilarious. That's... yeah, those are pretty much the only positives that come to mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I also feel like they were trying to coincide it with the War of the Realms event so as to explain why the X-Men weren't there.

That being said, I feel like they could have kept the same number of issues had they allowed for more orchestrated build up. The large writing team is clearly full of talented people, but there might just be too many cooks in the kitchen.
    It could be the case. Wolverine and a handful of other X-Men are the only mutants left- some them just might be apart of the War of the Realms (Logan is at least) but the others are conveniently out-of-town so to speak.

I'm with you on that too. Instead of the multiple plotlines, I'd much rather have had some solid character interaction rather than a bunch of babble and glorified cameos. It felt like filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Just like Monet, the X-Office is stuck on certain dated looks regarding the characters. I am still waiting for someone to come up with a good costume for Monet & ditch that awful X-factor outfit from 8 years ago.
    We could do with some redesigns for sure.

Siryn hasn't been in anything since her Morrigan days, has she? Was she in the collage of the X-Men Jean summoned last issue?
    No, I don't think so. Surely we're about due for her return though right? A follow-up on her story in the recently relaunched X-Force would be great.

Jean probably didn't call Mystique for the reason she wouldn't call Emma -lack of trust given how villainous they can both be. Same for Sabretooth, whom she doesn't have a good history with. Not to mention Sabretooth is wandering in the Saskatchewan woods & so far, nobody knows or cares what happened to him -and they have no reason to. lol
    True. I figured desperate times call for desperate measures but Jean probably wouldn't make that call. I'd like to think Emma would've gotten the invite despite everything, especially after inheriting the memories of teen Jean.

But it does get confusing how they divide stuff up. Logic would say any characters not there weren't called, conveniently because they're elsewhere doing other things.
    Well, some of the characters I mentioned haven't been doing much of anything in quite some time, but it's a nice thought.

For example, Rogue & Gambit aren't here. Maybe due to them being in Mr. & Mrs. X where they're still in space, I think. So they weren't on Earth when this was going down and won't end up in the AoX. That works. Same for X-Force.
    Yeah, we've been given this explanation already. Same goes for most of the mutants on the new Uncanny squad- we already know why almost all of them aren't present.

Mystique is on Cyclops' hit-list in Uncanny, so she's gonna be there. Magneto and Apocalypse are also on the list, but given them being in AoX, Scott probably won't be facing them first. Instead, he'll start with Sinister, Mystique, and the others who aren't in the AoX. Omega Red didn't seem to get sucked in for some reason unless he does pop up in it later.
    Every time we get close to a new direction for Mystique she gets pulled right back down with the villains. Same goes for most of the Brotherhood members I suppose. I'm still disappointed we're retreading the X-Men versus Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Juggernaut etc. rather than using the many other villains available

Spectacular Member

Actually, Rogue and Gambit were in space during Extermination. They came back before Disassembled for their housewarming party, X-Men Black: Emma Frost and the winter holiday special and then got sent off to mojoworld just before Disassembled.

Only liked two issues and truly looks like a copy of several stories mixed with new clothes .

Good art but zero creativity.

Replace Nate with Wanda and we have Avengers Disassembled , House of M for Age of X-man and the threat of extinction of mutants is far from being something new is basically the premise of the last 20 years and even the vaccine they brought back. It seems like watching the reprise of an old movie.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Agreed.

And I would add the lame dialogues used just to explain the story, not to develop the characters.

I thought it was fine. It could have been better, but i look at it as essentially a 10 part set up for age of x-man and disassembled.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It was all fun and games until the Institute got nuked then I stopped caring.

5/10. Nowhere as good as X-Cutioner's Song

Extraordinary Member

The more I think about War of the Realms, the more that I think you have to take the X-Men off the board for it to work

Spectacular Member

Would everyone had liked this better if the solicits were like Age of then have confidential like they do sometimes? Not reveal Age of X Man.