Spectacular Member

Default Dane Witman coming to the MCU?

Great article about it here.

What do you guys think?

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-cr...nd-rates-their

Extraordinary Member

I'm glad someone liked the MCU Ultron.

BANNED

I'd love to see Black Knight in the MCU. Of all the 'classic' Avengers not yet in the MCU, Dane is probably one of my top choices (alongside Wonder Man, She-Hulk & Spider-Woman)

Spectacular Member

OOppps... Meant to say Dane Whitman

It be really cool to see the Black Knight in a film. His inclusion could very well open a door to the MCU and thereby the synergized comics that haven't been explored all that well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It be really cool to see the Black Knight in a film. His inclusion could very well open a door to the MCU and thereby the synergized comics that haven't been explored all that well.
    I totally agree. And I was always a fan of the character.

Thanks for posting the link. I am a huge Black Knight fan and I am hoping that Dane appears in the MCU.

I would love to see Dane in the MCU!

so will he be British? You might as well introduce him, Spitfire, Union Jack and Capt. Britain at the same time. MI-13 or whatever name they want to come up with.

He shouldn't be British, he should be an American of British ancestry.

If Marvel are feeling pressure to make their MCU line-up more international and want to add a British hero, but are uncomfortable with Captain Britain (American writers have always been rather unenthusiastic about the character), I'm a bit afraid they may decide to mash-up Captain Britain and the Black Knight. Unfortunately I could see them making Dane British and giving him CB's storylines and villains eg. Mad Jim & the Fury, which I think would make both Black Knight and Captain Britain fans unhappy. Hopefully that won't happen, but I'm a pessimist.

Which foes and storylines do Danes fans want adapted should he get a movie, and what costume/paraphernalia would you like him to wear if he joins the Avengers?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Dane could be Dane and be British, and nothing else about him change.

He doesn't need CB's rogues or storylines for that, and indeed, the CB villains wouldn't make much sense for him. I'd assume any film would be an origin and would likely feature some sort of version of him and a relative fighting over ownership of the Ebony Blade, possibly featuring Percy via flashback.

It may then include CB characters like Merlin, but likely to open the door for CB, rather than merge them. We could then get to MI13 at some point
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Hasn't the rumor been about a Guy Ritchie-helmed Captain Britain and Black Knight movie?

Incredible Member

I personally find him to be a very boring character, not a lot of personalities, lame powerset he was most interesting when he was a piece of stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hasn't the rumor been about a Guy Ritchie-helmed Captain Britain and Black Knight movie?
    That rumor came out in Sept. 2018. Haven't heard anything since. Since the next Spider Man movie takes place in England, maybe Captain Britain makes an appearance?

As far as the Black Knight goes, it looks like he might appear in Avengers: Endgame. I hope he does!

BANNED

Dane was part of one of my favourite avengers teams in the 90s

I hope he wears his leather jacket!

Him and sersi were a great pairing and with the Eternals coming as well, we might get a 90s team!