Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In my opinion AM can beat Ironman if he got to close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hand to hand (which should be Aquamans strength) is not an impossible match up for Tony. He can conceivably win the slug fest even though he has no reason to let it get there.
    I rewatched that scene between Thanos and Iron Man and I agree. He was a beast in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I rewatched that scene between Thanos and Iron Man and I agree. He was a beast in that fight.
    Yeah. Tony is a real monster these days for sure.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In my opinion AM can beat Ironman if he got to close.
    Maybe. Really depends on the Trident landing good hits or not. In my opinion, he probably loses more close quarters stuff than wins.

Tony can ensnare his limbs whilst smacking away at him with Thanos harming haymakers. If he can avoid a few stabs, he should have the edge.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

So, MCU Iron Man > MCU Hulk, in terms of standard Rumbles settings?

Was that always the case? Did it change at some time? If so, when? IM3, AOU, CW, or IW?

Could DCEU Aquaman w/ Trident of Atlan best the Tony from the end of IM1 or IM2?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, MCU Iron Man > MCU Hulk, in terms of standard Rumbles settings?

Was that always the case?
    Heck no.

Did it change at some time? If so, when? IM3, AOU, CW, or IW?
    IW. Mainly based on how Hulk and Iron Man fared when they battled Thanos. Iron Man managed to hold his own quite well against a Thanos who had four Infinity Stones. Hulk got beaten to a pulp by a Thanos who only had one (and I'm pretty sure he didn't even use it).

Could DCEU Aquaman w/ Trident of Atlan best the Tony from the end of IM1 or IM2?
    Sure. He can withstand repulsor blasts, jump high enough to tackle Tony out of the air and the Trident can pierce IM1 and 2 armour. Even without the Trident he could punch through it.

Heck, it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could beat IW Tony although his chances would be small.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 01-19-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Heck, it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could beat IW Tony although his chances would be small.
    I have to say, I think it IS outside the realm of possibility unless Tony suddenly develops CIS - which would never be the case.

Every aspect of IW Tony's abilities should put him above Aquaman:

- Strength: The guy dropped that HUGE thing on Thanos at the start of the fight on Titan.
    - Speed: He can take off in an instant and his travel speed and reactions are very impressive - including while fighting.
    - Durability: Not only can he take punches from Thanos, who beat the Hulk with ease, he also put up shields that were deflecting Infinity Stone blasts pretty easily (and blocking Cull Obsidian's punches).
    - Range: He can get VERY high VERY quickly. Think when he followed Spider-Man to the spaceship after the early fight in New York. The boosters had him in space in no time.
    - Miscellaneous: Missiles, a targeting system, whatever the hell that thing was that came out of his back and propelled Cull Obsidian towards Ebony Maw, ice blasters, repulsor blasts, blades, quick regeneration of parts, the ability to root himself to the floor and land an enhanced punch that made Thanos bleed etc etc etc.

Honestly, I think IW Tony beats Aquaman 10/10 without question.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I have to say, I think it IS outside the realm of possibility unless Tony suddenly develops CIS - which would never be the case.

Every aspect of IW Tony's abilities should put him above Aquaman:

- Strength: The guy dropped that HUGE thing on Thanos at the start of the fight on Titan.
    - Speed: He can take off in an instant and his travel speed and reactions are very impressive - including while fighting.
    - Durability: Not only can he take punches from Thanos, who beat the Hulk with ease, he also put up shields that were deflecting Infinity Stone blasts pretty easily (and blocking Cull Obsidian's punches).
    - Range: He can get VERY high VERY quickly. Think when he followed Spider-Man to the spaceship after the early fight in New York. The boosters had him in space in no time.
    - Miscellaneous: Missiles, a targeting system, whatever the hell that thing was that came out of his back and propelled Cull Obsidian towards Ebony Maw, ice blasters, repulsor blasts, blades, quick regeneration of parts, the ability to root himself to the floor and land an enhanced punch that made Thanos bleed etc etc etc.

Honestly, I think IW Tony beats Aquaman 10/10 without question.
    I pretty much agree with all of this. My thing was that even strictly h2h, Tony would probably still win (although Arthur has slight chances here). But there is really NO reason to even do that when he can zorch him at range with impunity.
    - big_adventure

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

MCU Spiderman, and street levelers

Tony would stomp him

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    While I completely agree with most of your points, KJ, this needs qualifying.

There’s an explicit point made in the film about Titan having very low gravity (and then we see Mantis bouncing up and down in the background, enjoying it like she’s on a trampoline).

Allso let's not forget Thanos was hurt by Spider-Man and starlord (ok not very bad but still) so I wouldn't say IM hurting Thanos was that big of a thing.

So, going by end-of-film stats,

AM1 Arthur beats IM1/IM2/AV1/IM3/AOU/CW Tony, but loses to IW Tony.

JL Arthur loses to IM1 Tony, doesn't he?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Allso let's not forget Thanos was hurt by Spider-Man and starlord (ok not very bad but still) so I wouldn't say IM hurting Thanos was that big of a thing.
    He drew blood (albeit a drop) from Thanos. No one except Thor with Storm Breaker could do that to him.

Ultimate Member

So, going by end-of-film stats,

AM1 Arthur beats IM1/IM2/AV1/IM3/AOU/CW Tony, but loses to IW Tony.

JL Arthur loses to IM1 Tony, doesn't he?

The thing is, Iron Man has a lot of options against Arthur with ranged attacks and all. His suit has so many different forms of offense from missiles on his hands, to his chest beam (which he’s used a number of times in the movies to get out of close quarter fights) to repulsors and the likes, to flat out scanning an opponents fighting style.

Except he goes into full PIS/CIS (which is being completely disregarded here) Arthur will seriously struggle against Tony.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-20-2019 at 06:16 AM.