Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That theory was laid out in jest (obviously), but in all seriousness, Jean being depressed as all hell over Resurrection would make for a better-than-what-we've-got explanation as to why she's been trying waaayyyy too hard in X-Men Red.

He died, thus triggering Jean's depression, which in turn led to Jean giving those UN speeches and making the X-Men more hated than evah. Full circle, baby.

It's really too bad the x-office isn't playing those story beats for the laughs. Oh well.
    Jean was depressed after her Resurrection, Xavier brainwashed her into being happy

Astonishing X-Men Annual

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She didn't, she just choose to not be blackmailed by the phoenix. Even if people consider that Jean killed Scott, nobody had to way 14 years to Scott return. He is back like 1 year later
    Lol, I think you should just give up explaining anything. They've made up their minds and nothing will change it

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    How does this make any sense, though. I'm serious, explain to me why you "love" those panels. We have to read the entire comic, of course. But some cartoon Frankenstein's monster entrance disrespects the X-Men and Cyclops. I accept a lot of BS about Wolverine dying and returning, but Scott Summers should be on the science-fiction side of story-telling. The writer couldn't think of a better, more logical way to bring him back? It looks more like a joke. I hope somewhere in the rest of the comic there's some kind of explanation that respects continuity and doesn't suspend my disbelief quite as much. I never got the idea he was entirely dead to begin with; I thought Emma put him in suspended animation.

But anyway, I don't understand how any Cyke fan can love a resurrection that wouldn't be acceptable even in a kiddie fairy-tale.
    I think it's a cool visual. and like you yourself said, we don't know what happened. he could have been revived while in the grave. would you rather he claw himself out? it makes sense to blast out

Incredible Member

I think it must be me, but I really don't understand why there are people on here who seem to genuinely dislike other people's favourite characters, and seem to want to argue about their relative merits all of the time. I quite like the X-Men as characters, in fact I have been reading the books most of my life (so since the 60s). There aren't characters I hate, there aren't characters I don't think should be written about together, there aren't characters I think I should be telling the editorial and writing staff how to handle. Am I really missing something here? Do I really not care enough? Or have I simply remembered that these are fictional characters in comic books?

For the record, I am happy that both Cyclops and Jean are back, they were a major part of my reading life when I was a kid. I am glad that Uncanny X-Men will feature the New Mutants, it is good that Rosenburg has spent the past couple of years leading up to what is going to happen. I would really rather read what he has in store for the characters rather than complain that a character that I like never gets treated properly because of some other character. These comics are meant to be enjoyable and entertaining, I think perhaps some of us make too much of them, or expect too much from them.

Anyway, my all time favourite character is Banshee and I tend not to complain about his treatment.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Jean was depressed after her Resurrection, Xavier brainwashed her into being happy

Astonishing X-Men Annual
    That theory was laid out in jest (obviously), but in all seriousness, Jean being depressed as all hell over Resurrection would make for a better-than-what-we've-got explanation as to why she's been trying waaayyyy too hard in X-Men Red.
    Taylor hardly explained anything, lol. He just straight up wrote Jean as a saint from the get-go and ran with it, basically. Thought it was obvious I meant the overall narrative. My bad. Next time I'll crack a joke about Soule bringing back Xavier as a straight up villain. I mean, that's what the whole "making Jean super happy to ensure she'll doom mutantkind with her godawful speeches and get back at Scott Summers in the process" plotline is all about, right?

How does this make any sense, though. I'm serious, explain to me why you "love" those panels. We have to read the entire comic, of course. But some cartoon Frankenstein's monster entrance disrespects the X-Men and Cyclops. I accept a lot of BS about Wolverine dying and returning, but Scott Summers should be on the science-fiction side of story-telling. The writer couldn't think of a better, more logical way to bring him back? It looks more like a joke. I hope somewhere in the rest of the comic there's some kind of explanation that respects continuity and doesn't suspend my disbelief quite as much. I never got the idea he was entirely dead to begin with; I thought Emma put him in suspended animation.

But anyway, I don't understand how any Cyke fan can love a resurrection that wouldn't be acceptable even in a kiddie fairy-tale.
    Totally hearing you. On one the one hand, it feels like a cheap narrative. On the other hand, Cyclops just shooting his way out and not bothering with the fluff/ZOMG/OvercomingDeath!/EPIC!!!! is hilariously in-character.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-18-2019 at 05:40 AM.

Dude, it's comics. Every character has already or will die once or twice.

By now it shouldn't be a problem how Scott will come back. Let's focus on the quality of the stories written for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I think it must be me, but I really don't understand why there are people on here who seem to genuinely dislike other people's favourite characters, and seem to want to argue about their relative merits all of the time. I quite like the X-Men as characters, in fact I have been reading the books most of my life (so since the 60s). There aren't characters I hate, there aren't characters I don't think should be written about together, there aren't characters I think I should be telling the editorial and writing staff how to handle. Am I really missing something here? Do I really not care enough? Or have I simply remembered that these are fictional characters in comic books?

For the record, I am happy that both Cyclops and Jean are back, they were a major part of my reading life when I was a kid. I am glad that Uncanny X-Men will feature the New Mutants, it is good that Rosenburg has spent the past couple of years leading up to what is going to happen. I would really rather read what he has in store for the characters rather than complain that a character that I like never gets treated properly because of some other character. These comics are meant to be enjoyable and entertaining, I think perhaps some of us make too much of them, or expect too much from them.

Anyway, my all time favourite character is Banshee and I tend not to complain about his treatment.
    Passion breeds Fanaticism.
    Much of the fandom is one sandwich (or lack thereof) away from losing all faculties and sense of decorum at any minute of any day.

7:00am: "Oooh, I think I'll dip my digital toe in the CBR thread this morning and see what the dish is today. Hmm... I wish I hadn't skipped breakfast. Oh well. <surveys the threads> Hmmm <tummy grumble> Hmmm Okay okay everyone is entitled to their own opin--- <gurgle> STORM IS OMNIPOTENT FEATS FOR DAYS GHHYAAAAH HATE CYCLOPS SHE CAN SUMMON SOLAR WINDS TO FEED THE HUNGRY WHILE KILLING LEGION WITH GODDESS FIERCENESS NNNGGYAAAAAHHH READING COMPREHENSION ELIXIR SCANS!!!"

12:00pm: "THAT stromboli was DIVINE. Yum yum. Oooh, Let's check out CBR. <surveys threads> Oh no, no, no. This is just nosense. People, people, people. Can we all just be cordial? Don't lose your cool. T'ain't worth it."

The razor's edge is REAL.
    For some.

But for real, everyone loves who they love and that's lovely and there is absolutely zero justification for attacking another poster's adoration for their respective fictional fave. Besides, every X-Man is a f*ck up in their own way.
    That being said, I challenge anyone to deny the hypntoic sex appeal of Beardlossus.
    Just jokes.

just got off the phone with god again, he said all my faves are objectively the best and uhhhhhh colossus likes toes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    just got off the phone with god again, he said all my faves are objectively the best and uhhhhhh colossus likes toes
    Crud. God? Hmm. Well THAT is obviously 100% Irrefutable.

Sigh.

I mean, really, I'm just impressed ANYONE talks ON the phone anymore.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's me. It's you. It's all of us. We're all burning now.
    Damn. You finally got me.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think this thread is about shipping, or Jean.
    Like Cyclops is just coming back what the hell is the problem?
    is not like Scott and Jean can't exist at the same time. they have done it for almost all of their story being very close without much trouble. (and very cool interactions and romance until somebody decided to break them up)
    they existed recently as teens, don't forget about that. There is nothing to worry about.
    Apparently the problem is that Cyclops is returning. The hype is slowly starting to bleed out now.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

This annual reminds me of the time that mailman took someone's dog and held it ransom for $1,000, which he then received. Should we be happy that the pupper's back, or upset that it all happened in the first place? Look into the mirror, and give yourself the answer.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This annual reminds me of the time that mailman took someone's dog and held it ransom for $1,000, which he then received.
    I refuse to believe this happened outside a comic book.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

This annual reminds me of the time that mailman took someone's dog and held it ransom for $1,000, which he then received. Should we be happy that the pupper's back, or upset that it all happened in the first place? Look into the mirror, and give yourself the answer.
    Actually, the really, really annoying bit is that Marvel is pretending it didn't happen in the first place.

Iceman: "Oh, man, it feels kinda empty without Scotty Boy, huh?"
    Beast: "I know, he was DA BEST!!! I miss him sooo much."
    Angel: "........................."
    Jean: "I wuve you guys soooo much."

Actually, the really, really annoying bit is that Marvel is pretending it didn't happen in the first place.

Iceman: "Oh, man, it feels kinda empty without Scotty Boy, huh?"
    Beast: "I know, he was DA BEST!!! I miss him sooo much."
    Angel: "........................."
    Jean: "I wuve you guys soooo much."
    Yeah, Bobby's outburst back in Bendis's Uncanny(?) when Firestar tried explaining her empathizing with his pain in lieu of Xavier's will and testament? Guh.
    Same with Hank smashing his desk. Dubba Guh.