Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

I loved this issue. people can grow and change their minds. it happens all the time. I'll wait to see how this plays out in Uncanny. i'm not getting bent out of shape over 1 issue

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I loved this issue. people can grow and change their minds. it happens all the time. I'll wait to see how this plays out in Uncanny. i'm not getting bent out of shape over 1 issue
    I agree. I read all the reactions and then read the actual book. Alot of stuff seemed overblown here

I actually loved this. Welcome back, big man.

BANNED

If they brought back Cyclops to regress him to a boyscout who is obsessed with Jean, then they should've just kept him in the ground. Is the X-Office aware they have readers whose entire fandom isn't built around TAS?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If they brought back Cyclops to regress him to a boyscout who is obsessed with Jean, then they should've just kept him in the ground. Is the X-Office aware they have readers whose entire fandom isn't built around TAS?
    They don't care what we think because they know people will buy whatever crap prints out anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    ... Alot of stuff seemed overblown here
    Shirley, you jest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They don't care what we think because they know people will buy whatever crap prints out anyway.
    not really. sales are declining, not stable. they are going downwards. and even if it's a problem of all the industry, xmen sales are declining even more in comparison to how they used to sell, books that used to sell less than xmen books now sell more.

The obvious reason why this is happening is in the mid future there will be disney cinematic universe xmen, and the cyclops of that universe will be classic cyclops, not the one we had from Morrison and Whedon on. The comics are trying to make Cyclops more like the future movie Cyclops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ... Scott was Right.
    And wrong. Its not an All or Nothing situation.
    Nuance is not welcome?

I'll be first to admit, ever since Scott stopped playing nice(?) -- I've had a Scott boner that's both concerning to my doctor and my husband. Who doesn't love a badboy? Doubly so, who doesn't find the hard laced rules following nerd of the outsider community standing up and saying "Oh FUUUUUUUX THIIIIIIIIIS" and raising some hell and knocking some heads. If that doesn't appeal to nerds far and wide who've ever experienced adversity or bullying, well then I tip my hat to you, good sirs and ladies, but I am a gay man who was ridiculed and teased in his youth with some daddy issues (haha) and that **** resonated with me HARD. Hence: boner. .

BANNED

Except there is zero nuance in the story. Cyclops outright says he was wrong about everything. It's offensive and reinforces the notion that the oppressed should only protest injustice by staying in their lane and use non-violence.

And then there's that shitbag murderer Kid Cable throwing a tantrum about how evil Emma is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

hahahah c'mon people, relax a bit before posting too horny to write

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    hahahah c'mon people, relax a bit before posting too horny to write
    Humor attempt fail.
    Le sigh.

Humor attempt fail.
    Le sigh.
    I mean, I know it's supposed to be humor, but I'm also betting it's at least half truth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, I know it's supposed to be humor, but I'm also betting it's at least half truth lol.
    Stop shaming me, man. I'm only human.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Except there is zero nuance in the story. Cyclops outright says he was wrong about everything. It's offensive and reinforces the notion that the oppressed should only protest injustice by staying in their lane and use non-violence.

And then there's that shitbag murderer Kid Cable throwing a tantrum about how evil Emma is too.
    Just some attempts @ levity, I'll check it out later. Will say tho, violence in self-defense = understandable, acceptable. Violence--incited or otherwise--used to make a point, get attention, no matter how righteous = not so much. It lowers the bar dramatically, and makes all those involved seem like they're catering to their baser instincts, like children throwing a tantrum (see current US prez/Charlottesville TRAGEDY).