Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Optic blasting out of the grave? What an entrance!
    Someone has probably said this but don't you mean "exit"?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

He's back. This is the Cyclops that I missed. Now, if Rosenberg can keep up what Brisson has started... I will be one happy X-Men fan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

Phoenix force is captured by a regular human to save Cyclops. This is a new low for a cosmic being I have to say.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

THIS ISSUE DELIVERED BIG TIME! Was very nervous going into it, but Ed really wrote this return as well done as it could be. Kid Cable was pretty much the audience explaining why he wanted to revive Cyclops. And the way they tied it into phoenix resurrection and all the recent X-Men storylines was so well done. You can tell they planned this out very well.

Also I already know that line Cyclops says near the end of the issue will get debates going and people mad, but I think the way Brisson wrote the scenes with Cyclops saving the guy and realizing how much value there is in human lives earned Cyclops line of thinking at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Phoenix force is captured by a regular human to save Cyclops. This is a new low for a cosmic being I have to say.
    That... is not what happened. A teeny bit got absorbed in the little capsule thing, based on Iron Man's Phoenix Force cage. Iron Man. And then it was set free when Scott was revived.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Did Jean appear in any way or form?

Emma was right

Did Cyclops say anything about IVX?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    spoilers:
    The phoenix ressurection flashback of her kissing dead cyclops
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Did Cyclops say anything about IVX?
    spoilers:
    There was meta commentary on it by Kid Cable, but Cyclops himself didn't say anything about it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes. She appears in some scenes recreating the events of Phoenix Resurrection #5 and Uncanny X-Men #10.

Also, Scott's entire goal to get out of Kid Cable's bunker is specifically to see Jean. But Cable gives him an ultimatum

spoilers:
    Save the life of the man that brought him back and allow the X-Men to get sent to the Age of X-Man, or let him die and save the X-Men. It also kind of implies Nate knows they'll probably be back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes. She appears in some scenes recreating the events of Phoenix Resurrection #5 and Uncanny X-Men #10.

]
    spoilers:
    Not just that, he also wanted to save people, he only mentioned Jean in the scene immediately following his revival.
    end of spoilers

Emma was right

So he doesn't give a shit about Emma and everything she did for him, it's "JEAAAAAN" all over again. Well, f u too, Marvel. Lame.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Awesome!
    I can't wait to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    spoilers:
    Not just that, he also wanted to save people, he only mentioned Jean in the scene immediately following his revival.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'll clarify: that's his initial goal, and then he wants to rejoin the X-Men until he realizes that the man that saved his life needs to be saved.
    end of spoilers

Oh, this also puts an official timestamp on the O5. Twelve years. So X-Men #1 was in 2006, give or take, at the earliest.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That... is not what happened. A teeny bit got absorbed in the little capsule thing, based on Iron Man's Phoenix Force cage. Iron Man. And then it was set free when Scott was revived.
    The cage failed to capture phoenix force before a regular human's magic hands touched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    The cage failed to capture phoenix force before a regular human's magic hands touched it.
    No; the Phoenix was in a volatile state in AvX, here it was docile and gave it's power willingly. It wasn't trapped. I'd even guarantee that the Phoenix left some energy in Cyclops intentionally.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 01-23-2019 at 01:42 AM.