Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Good to see Scott back.

Now if only we could have the X-Men all back together (I want Emma and Mags all back), forget that Schism existed and take leadership away from Kitty once and for all, then it would be a great start for a new X-Men era with Logan, Jean and Scott back with the living.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I don't want to be a total Grinch, how did a guy who has been in a casket under six feet of ground get enough sunlight to power that optic blast?
    I thought the last recon made so that the sunlight is just used to open the portals in his eye, that then release the optic blast from the optic blast dimension....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    All that era did was mobilize "Cyclops Waz Right"
    Yeah, but that was all fan generated. The comics themselves promoted a different view equating him to Hitler.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Exactly 10char
    But does it really count if some of it was hilariously, painfully unintentional? I mean, it's not like Lemire/Soule had been playing the "You're not wrong, you're just an a-hole" thingy for the laughs. Heck, one could argue not a single x-writer did.

It's all part of the meta, boys. Prove those h8ers at Marvel wrong and buy 3 copies of Uncanny #11!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I thought the last recon made so that the sunlight is just used to open the portals in his eye, that then release the optic blast from the optic blast dimension....
    Scott's and Alex's powers were retconned saying that they absorb the ambient cosmic energies around them.

Yay! He's back! Can't wait to finally read this. By the way, I'm really liking what I've seen so far of Carlos Gomez' art especially the flashback pages. Hope to see more of his art in the future.

The punch dimension is real, but the goverment doesn't want you to know. #Illuminati #Behold
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    And last time Scott was alive he was thrown under the bus to hype up the inhumans. Also, it's not the same management, not the same writers and not the same year. There is nothing indicating the Prom Queen will be demoted in favor of Scott. There were already 11 issues of a book devoted to show how literally flawless she is because that's the vision TPTB has of her. They'll pair her with Bishop to keep her away from Scott. There is absolutely no concrete reason to think Scott is any threat to her. If anything, he might be ditched next year in favor of her, so people might feel the scales are balanced, since this is what this is about.

So yeah, I think everything will be fine for Her Ginger Highness. Scott is pretty much a non-issue for her as far as it's shown. If they are ever paired again, it'll be just to destroy whatever's left of Scott's character. So, no problems for her.
    same argument. Red was done under different management, writer and year and we've seen how the X-Office has treated Jean outside of that and its been a mixed bag with most complaining about how ineffective and incompetent they portray her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The punch dimension is real, but the goverment doesn't want you to know. #Illuminati #Behold
    Ewing made it real, so it IS real, the X-Office be damned.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

It's all part of the meta, boys. Prove those h8ers at Marvel wrong and buy 3 copies of Uncanny #11!
    Sooo... the whole Schism/Murderer/Terrorist/Nazi/Corpse plotline was merely a cruel ploy to screw over Wolverine/Storm/Beast/Kitty/Jean/everyone all along? Aaron, Lemire and Soule are secretly huge Cyclops fanboys, then?

Mind, like, totally blown.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scott's and Alex's powers were retconned saying that they absorb the ambient cosmic energies around them.
    What comic was this in?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What comic was this in?
    I stole that from the Wikia who probably stole it from the MU guides.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    same argument. Red was done under different management, writer and year and we've seen how the X-Office has treated Jean outside of that and its been a mixed bag with most complaining about how ineffective and incompetent they portray her
    Red was done under Cebulski, as far as I know since it's part of Fresh Start, so it is the same management. Taylor leaving doesn't mean the X-Office doesn't see Jean as the perfect goddess from Red. There is more than a decade between Morrison and Taylor and they clearly have very different takes on comics. It's an apples and oranges situation.

Also, my point that Scott is no threat to Jean still stands. He'll have a stint as the leader and they'll either having him kissing Jean's feet or put aside so he won't be a problem in her life, like most of her fans seem to think. The X-Office's vision for what stories should be told with each of them is pretty evident. She's the one they want to push as the ideal leader. While I'm happy for Scott's return, his place in the franchise won't be the end all be all like some seem to fear nor what us fans of him would like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, but that was all fan generated. The comics themselves promoted a different view equating him to Hitler.
    Well, except that they revealed it was Emma all along and Scott didn't do anything.