Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Marvel Universe in its current state takes place over the span of about a decade. Putting an exact number on it here is pointless, but the number isn't off.
    It is a bit off ... if u placed all the events in a timeline.
    When did Civil War happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    It is a bit off ... if u placed all the events in a timeline.
    When did Civil War happen?
    Almost three years before current time. Secret Invasion happened a year before Marvel NOW!, there's a year gap between Death of X and IvX, two months between IvX and ResurrXion, plus three months between Jean forming the Red squad and current time.

Mind you, we're only using the timeskips presented in the stories. The gap between Marvel NOW! and Secret Invasion is the one that was established by editorial and is not flexible. The others may be changed by whoever feels like it.

12-13 years was always my working figure. Glad to see it embraced in print!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

They buried him in his uniform lol

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    They buried him in his uniform lol
    He was a soldier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Almost three years before current time. Secret Invasion happened a year before Marvel NOW!, there's a year gap between Death of X and IvX, two months between IvX and ResurrXion, plus three months between Jean forming the Red squad and current time.

Mind you, we're only using the timeskips presented in the stories. The gap between Marvel NOW! and Secret Invasion is the one that was established by editorial and is not flexible. The others may be changed by whoever feels like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    12-13 years was always my working figure. Glad to see it embraced in print!
    I’m pretty sure ... if we worked the timeline from Xmen 1st issue up until now ... 12 years just don’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I’m pretty sure ... if we worked the timeline from Xmen 1st issue up until now ... 12 years just don’t make sense.
    I've worked it out before, it can make sense. Obviously you have to ignore some specified dates and time jumps/number of X-Mases, but if you zoom out and look at the stories, it does basically work out. Just think of the original run(+the Hidden Years) as Scott's high school days. Giant Sized is the first summer after senior year. The Claremont run is about 4 years of undergrad. The 90's to The Twelve saga are grad school. Morrison-Utopia-IvX are the final 2/3 years.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I think there's a ton of timeskips that you have to ignore, but they're mostly meaningless. For example, Dan Slott basically made it so a year and eight months passed during his Amazing Spider-Man run, but Reed and Sue Richards have been gone for one year in his FF. So it's kind of a loose thing at Marvel.

Alchemy should come back and turn Emma to stone.

yawn. they’re vilifying the revolutionary, leftist Scott and for what? Could he not just accept that the time for that was over and he should just move on to the next step of his life. It sounds like Brisson just took a giant spit take at Cyke fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    yawn. they’re vilifying the revolutionary, leftist Scott and for what? Could he not just accept that the time for that was over and he should just move on to the next step of his life. It sounds like Brisson just took a giant spit take at Cyke fans.
    Like it's that one thing that you knew would happen yet it's still sooo irritating. Ruined the book for me.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Alchemy should come back and turn Emma to stone.
    She's already stone though. At least in her diamond form.

BANNED

I guess it's crybaby cyclops again.

BANNED

I guess it's crybaby cyclops again.

I haven't read it yet and won't be able to for about 8 hours when I get off work and make it to my LCS.... but in truest X-fan form, I am already left with the impression that the defense shields we've erected and fortified for sooooo long regarding Cyclops being RIGHT and the endless repetition of seeing those words in articles, thread discussions, online handles, T-SHIRTS for crying out loud -- its bubbled and blinded fans, fostering fanaticism and removing any and all debate for viewing Scott Summers (my beautiful, bespectacled boy) as remotely fallible.

I'll be first (well, others may have but, I don't know where or what thread or who but, just run with me on this for drama's sake) -- I'll be first to admit, ever since Scott stopped playing nice(?) -- I've had a Scott boner that's both concerning to my doctor and my husband. Who doesn't love a badboy? Doubly so, who doesn't find the hard laced rules following nerd of the outsider community standing up and saying "Oh FUUUUUUUX THIIIIIIIIIS" and raising some hell and knocking some heads. If that doesn't appeal to nerds far and wide who've ever experienced adversity or bullying, well then I tip my hat to you, good sirs and ladies, but I am a gay man who was ridiculed and teased in his youth with some daddy issues (haha) and that **** resonated with me HARD. Hence: boner. (not really, but for the lolz, guys, c'mon)

Aaaaaaaaanyway. If we can all collectively set down our ruby quartz goggles (rose colored glas--- you see where I'm going with this, right?) and admit that Scott made some mistakes -- because by the sound of people's reactions to the Annual -- HE sure is -- we might finally be able to wear linen pants again without fear of being arrested in public.
    Was his formation of X-Force totally savage and bad ass and FUX YEAH(!) ....? Why, yes it was. Obvi. That sh!t was bananas. And very UN-Scott.
    Were his actions during Second Coming straight up HARDCORE. Again I say FUX YEAH(!) ... but those actions were reactionary and circumstantial and life or death. It was kill or be killed. In a friggin DOME.
    Threating the Mayor with telepathic murder? OMG you guys I was SALIVATING. The vindictive little boy inside me desperate for others to pay for being A-holes practically passed out from screaming.
    Get off my island??? FML I was immediately dehydrated.

Anyhow the list goes on and its hot hot hot but for Scott to admit (again, I'm just going off what little folks are discussing so everyone grab a salt lick and prep yer tongues?) that perhaps the kill squad was extreme or that maybe the sink or swim approach he took with some of the kids was...insensitive... or being ready, willing and reeeeeeally WILLING to sacrifice some of his own people (Boom Boom, Nori and Jules) was a dick move and despite being backed in a corner, maaaaaaaaaaaybe he could've dropped the secrecy angle and sent in an alternate rescue team at that juncture and and and and.... <deeeeeeeeep breath> Its OKAY. ITS OKAY that Scott admits error. It was no holds barred (is that the right term?) and annihilation was very much at the front door knock knock knocking relentlessly like GD girl scouts trying to make quota. I can say with confidence that I'll likely never NOT support Scott during that era. It was invigorating and revolutionary and everything I wanted/needed from that period. But Scott admitting his flaws, failures and short comings is purest Scott Summers.

VIVA SCOTT SUMMERS.

Scott was Right.
    And wrong. Its not an All or Nothing situation.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-23-2019 at 06:00 AM.