Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Red was done under Cebulski, as far as I know since it's part of Fresh Start, so it is the same management. Taylor leaving doesn't mean the X-Office doesn't see Jean as the perfect goddess from Red. There is more than a decade between Morrison and Taylor and they clearly have very different takes on comics. It's an apples and oranges situation.
    It's new management when it comes to the X-Line. Red was done back when Mark Paniccia was the X-Men group editor. Now it's Jordan D White, who got the book and all the others cancelled/finished and it's heading towards a new direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's new management when it comes to the X-Line. Red was done back when Mark Paniccia was the X-Men group editor. Now it's Jordan D White, who got the book and all the others cancelled/finished and it's heading towards a new direction.
    If Uncanny was any indication, then Jean will still be the perfect goddess that everything revolves around.

Extraordinary Member

So, I'm going to be honest, when I came into comics, Jean had already been dead for several years. She's been dead most of the time I've been into comics. Frankly, I have no real emotional connection to her personally the same way I do other characters. She's been more like an object and concept than a real character.

And having her back, I still don't get what the fuss is about. She's not that great. She's just too perfect. And at least young Jean was angry and petty and had a chip on her shoulder. I could appreciate that.

This adult Jean? She just feels too perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Sooo... the whole Schism/Murderer/Terrorist/Nazi/Corpse plotline was merely a cruel ploy to screw over Wolverine/Storm/Beast/Kitty/Jean/everyone all along? Aaron, Lemire and Soule are secretly huge Cyclops fanboys, then?

Mind, like, totally blown.
    You're right. Cyclops is the most oppressed X-man.

Red was done under Cebulski, as far as I know since it's part of Fresh Start, so it is the same management. Taylor leaving doesn't mean the X-Office doesn't see Jean as the perfect goddess from Red. There is more than a decade between Morrison and Taylor and they clearly have very different takes on comics. It's an apples and oranges situation.

Also, my point that Scott is no threat to Jean still stands. He'll have a stint as the leader and they'll either having him kissing Jean's feet or put aside so he won't be a problem in her life, like most of her fans seem to think. The X-Office's vision for what stories should be told with each of them is pretty evident. She's the one they want to push as the ideal leader. While I'm happy for Scott's return, his place in the franchise won't be the end all be all like some seem to fear nor what us fans of him would like.
    JDW heads the X-books now, not Cebulski. Cebulski doesnt seem to be involved much if at all in the creativity of the X-line. Taylor is the only one that wrote Jean as near perfect. She's had quite a few blunders outside of his pen. She barely uses her TK offensively and her TP is nerfed in most appearances. I think Extermination was probably her best showing, but like Uncanny, she wasnt written as the best leader, instead coming across incompetent by ignoring the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If Uncanny was any indication, then Jean will still be the perfect goddess that everything revolves around.
    except Uncanny hasnt portrayed her as perfect. She's been quite flawed and the writing for her hasnt been great

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

BANNED

And yet all of my point was about Quesada, who was the top dog and actually responsible for keeping her dead, so I don't know why you guys are bringing up the editors below him, unless you think anything happen without the EiC's say-so. So whatever direction they take, there is literally no indication that Jean will be anything less because of Cyclops. They already paired her with Lucas to keep them as distant as they can and, God being merciful, Scott and Jean will share minimal panel time.

All I can say or do is

And yet all of my point was about Quesada, who was the top dog and actually responsible for keeping her dead, so I don't know why you guys are bringing up the editors below him, unless you think anything happen without the EiC's say-so. So whatever direction they take, there is literally no indication that Jean will be anything less because of Cyclops. They already paired her with Lucas to keep them as distant as they can and, God being merciful, Scott and Jean will share minimal panel time.
    Havok83 literally said "the X-Office" though, and you brought up people that aren't part of that as a response... I was just pointing out that there was indeed a change in that like he said, not arguing about Jean is gonna be treated.

BANNED

You have to be careful about showing one character as being too capable or being always right or things get corny fast. I'm sure there will be moments where Redhead is competent and strong soon. Can't demean the Jean.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

It's a never ending battle. Right from the dead and back to where he started.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uplo...lops-gif-6.gif

I also seem to be having trouble with this gif. Oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-17-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Havok83 literally said "the X-Office" though, and you brought up people that aren't part of that as a response... I was just pointing out that there was indeed a change in that like he said, not arguing about Jean is gonna be treated.
    My original point was about how Marvel was under different management and when I said it wasn't the same year, I think it was clear I was referring to the fact that what happened to Jean was acceptable for them in 2004 and isn't in 2019. I guess I have to write it in a more obvious way next time, since I'm not using my native language.
    But whatever, I guess. You guys can take whatever you want from my posts.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

My original point was about how Marvel was under different management and when I said it wasn't the same year, I think it was clear I was referring to the fact that what happened to Jean was acceptable for them in 2004 and isn't in 2019. I guess I have to write it in a more obvious way next time, since I'm not using my native language.
    But whatever, I guess. You guys can take whatever you want from my posts.
    Nah, I understood your point from your message. I wouldn't worry about it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's a never ending battle. Right from the dead and back to where he started.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uplo...lops-gif-6.gif

I also seem to be having trouble with this gif. Oh well.
    Scott's battle doesn't end even if he dies. He either pissed God or Satan off enough that he's struck in this cycle. Some greek mythology shit here. Life as an X-Man is his customized hell lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, Jean stuck a primary school girl's hand in someone's head. What's wrong with a little lobotomy at this point?
    Gabby's older than that. She's meant to be at least 12. You said primary instead of elementary, are you British? She'd be at high school in the UK. And in the US, junior high, I think?
    Red was done under Cebulski, as far as I know since it's part of Fresh Start, so it is the same management.
    Red is NOT part of Fresh Start. Fresh Start only started in May. Red never adopted the new trade dress.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman