Can’t wait to pick this up!

The art is superb too!! Yay!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    marsden……………………….marsden
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He has to get Rae Rae first...and Brutally kill Ahab while doing it.
    Oooooh, I like this thought. It'd be great to see Rachel take the name Rachel Summers again, instead of clinging to the Cyclops hate that typified so much of the last few years. But since no one at the X-Office seems go know what to do with Rachel anymore since Excalibur ended ages ago...I won't keep my hopes up.

I'd personally like to see a Rachel fully embrace the Phoenix again, and go cosmic. Join the Guardians of the Galaxy, or something. Leave Earth, and the X-Men, and all that timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly crap behind and seek her own destiny among the stars. Rachel (in Excalibur) was the single greatest Phoenix host we have ever gotten. Wolver-Phoenix is garbage. Period.

But no. She'll keep getting used as a mind slave to whatever villain du jour is coming up (Mesmero...SERIOUSLY?!), keep getting reset back to 'hound' and keep getting sidelined, I'm sure.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-19-2019 at 04:55 PM.

BANNED

Scott should be coordinating with Cable to get Rachel back. But I'll reserve judgement to what he knows, when he rises from the grave and his goals after the annual comes out, so I can properly point at Marvel screaming "Why aren't you taking the sensible approach, you fools?".

Also, yay to Rachel taking her dad's name back. Should have happened years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Oooooh, I like this thought. It'd be great to see Rachel take the name Rachel Summers again, instead of clinging to the Cyclops hate that typified so much of the last few years. But since no one at the X-Office seems go know what to do with Rachel anymore since Excalibur ended ages ago...I won't keep my hopes up.

I'd personally like to see a Rachel fully embrace the Phoenix again, and go cosmic. Join the Guardians of the Galaxy, or something. Leave Earth, and the X-Men, and all that timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly crap behind and seek her own destiny among the stars. Rachel (in Excalibur) was the single greatest Phoenix host we have ever gotten. Wolver-Phoenix is garbage. Period.

But no. She'll keep getting used as a mind slave to whatever villain du jour is coming up (Mesmero...SERIOUSLY?!), keep getting reset back to 'hound' and keep getting sidelined, I'm sure.
    I'd definitely be down for Rachel ha in her own team outside of the X-Men.

Not so sure on the Guardians though. Maybe if they were anything like the 2010 guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wait, what? Beast dated a Rule63!Cyclops for YEARS. It's not even a contest. Just ribbing at the cheap band-aid that's being put on the HitlerClops-Is-THE-Worst-Person-EVAHH narrative the x-office tried to shove down the readership's throat only to abruptly backtrack and pretend it never happened, really.

Alas, Cyclops will undoubtedly be written as nice-guy-enough not to bring it up. Le sigh.
    Oh that's precious.

Ultimate Member

Though wouldn't Rachel going cosmic with the powers of the Phoenix still in some ways be copying Jean, after how Jean has treated her lately Rachel needs to go her own way and not one that Jean's already gone so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though wouldn't Rachel going cosmic with the powers of the Phoenix still in some ways be copying Jean, after how Jean has treated her lately Rachel needs to go her own way and not one that Jean's already gone so to speak...
    As iconic as Jean-Phoenix is, I always felt like Rachel took it and made it her thing.

It always felt completely different with Rachel compared to Jean.

Ultimate Member

Well to me it'd be like Lorna leading her own Brotherhood of Evil Mutants or whatever and I'm not sure that Rachel would work in an X-Force role as it'd be too close to her hound days, maybe get Rachel out of the X-books a bit or on the fringes at least...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

-Jean has treated Rachel fine, they share little time together but is because she has been here for little more than a year. She can't be everywhere and in just one year Marvel managed to touch on Jean's relationships a lot on Red, Cable and the Exterminated and Uncanny. For just a year that's a lot.
    -I would like Rachel to get closer to Scott. that would do good for both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Oh that's precious.
    Brand even states it on panel once, claiming that a conversation with Cyclops is close enough to one with herself that she can achieve the same results by speaking to a mirror.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott should be coordinating with Cable to get Rachel back. But I'll reserve judgement to what he knows, when he rises from the grave and his goals after the annual comes out, so I can properly point at Marvel screaming "Why aren't you taking the sensible approach, you fools?".

Also, yay to Rachel taking her dad's name back. Should have happened years ago.
    He should, but if the teaser was any indication, his problems might be bigger than what he personally wants to do.

I wonder if he is trusting WiFi to rescue Rachel while he deals with the rest of the problems.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

And of course we know that WiFi won't be able to just rescue Rachel, which will probably mean that Rachel will have some new dark experiences and memories and such to have to work through, though hopefully without any of Jean's help...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Fantastic art on the first two pages.

But the subsequent art looks very 60s.
    uh, that's kinda the point