Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like Scott but he was wrong about many things. Is good to see it is recognized, that's the first step to do things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Just some attempts @ levity, I'll check it out later. Will say tho, violence in self-defense = understandable, acceptable. Violence--incited or otherwise--used to make a point, get attention, no matter how righteous = not so much. It lowers the bar dramatically, and makes all those involved seem like they're catering to their baser instincts, like children throwing a tantrum (see current US prez/Charlottesville TRAGEDY).
    That's all Scott ever did. It came off like he was blowing up buildings in Manhattan for mutant rights with how he relflected in this book.

Rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If they brought back Cyclops to regress him to a boyscout who is obsessed with Jean, then they should've just kept him in the ground. Is the X-Office aware they have readers whose entire fandom isn't built around TAS?
    I really liked Cyclops in Whedon's run. What ever happened to that Cyclops? At the end of Whedon's run he was supposed to have shed all his emo angst, but he was written extremely douche-y after the fact.

Someone asked in another thread what exactly did Cyclops do that was wrong...

For one his personality was extremely dislikable. Even though a lot of his actions made sense, his personality took a hit, and he came off as an uncaring, unemotional douche. As for actual wrongness, well, the X-Men didn't actually feel like superheroes. They murdered and launched pre-emptive strikes against their enemies under Cyclops' command.

But the way Cyclops and Emma led mutants through the death of the New X-men Students, House of M, Messiah CompleX, then AvX -- mutants were down to 198 mutants, and they couldn't afford to hold hands and sing kumbaya as the population died off. NOW that mutants are back to full population, they have some leeway in their politics, but it really is not nuanced to just say "yeah everything the past 10 years was just wrong. We should have been peace-loving activists!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Except there is zero nuance in the story. Cyclops outright says he was wrong about everything. It's offensive and reinforces the notion that the oppressed should only protest injustice by staying in their lane and use non-violence.

And then there's that shitbag murderer Kid Cable throwing a tantrum about how evil Emma is too.
    What sucks is I predicted something like this would happen, but I didn't think it would be that obvious.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    VIVA SCOTT SUMMERS.

Scott was Right.
    And wrong. Its not an All or Nothing situation.
    We love a man with perspective, tbh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

The obvious reason why this is happening is in the mid future there will be disney cinematic universe xmen, and the cyclops of that universe will be classic cyclops, not the one we had from Morrison and Whedon on. The comics are trying to make Cyclops more like the future movie Cyclops.
    Hmmm you might be on to something here..,

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hmmm you might be on to something here..,
    Even if Marvel Studios had any idea what their X-Men was going to be like, Marvel Comics wouldn't know. If a trailer came out, that would be all they'd have. They're making Cyclops the way he was in the 90's because they love the 90's for some reason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Even if Marvel Studios had any idea what their X-Men was going to be like, Marvel Comics wouldn't know. If a trailer came out, that would be all they'd have. They're making Cyclops the way he was in the 90's because they love the 90's for some reason.
    Yeah you right although it very well could just be anticipation on the writers part of what MCU Scott would be like. It prob just is 90s nostalgia tho

It wasn't as bad as some of the people here are making it out to be but it is kind of lame that he's saying he was wrong about everything. AvX and IvX. No. Everything from Schism to IVX was editorial nonsense. Literally made Wolverine and Beast the biggest hypocrites and labeling Cyclops hitler-lite was the dumbest thing to come out of anyones mouth. Who even said that? Tom Brovoort??

Gah it sucked

We all knew that today there was going to be a war, unlike star wars eps 3 Jedi won by admitting they where wrong.... WTF no is not the same.. XD

Rage is over for me. I liked how the story was going and might have over looked Wifi hating on Emma but Scott bro... Nahh You don't do that to me. I know Scott your relationship with people suck and I get it but I though what we had was real but you did me really dirty by calling your self a monster. What does it make me who loves a monster? Hmm images of Hotel Transylvania are now all I can see.

Like how he came back , just two things I hated and Is why is a 3 out of 5.

Very mediocre issue.Typical of the botched X Office we have to endure.The babyCable comments on Emma were not only unacceptable, they show a lack of coherence and research on the writer part. And using AGAIN the Phoenix Force as the Deus ex Machina to bring Scott back.. oh please, how boring can it be.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Mini-Cable is apparently able to freely move around in time and change things at will.

Yet he still had to resort to plot-device Phoenix, a random college professor acquiescence and old Stark toys to resurrect Cyclops?

Seems there would have been plenty of less convoluted means. But maybe he has some ulterior motives still to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Mini-Cable is apparently able to freely move around in time and change things at will.

Yet he still had to resort to plot-device Phoenix, a random college professor acquiescence and old Stark toys to resurrect Cyclops?

Seems there would have been plenty of less convoluted means. But maybe he has some ulterior motives still to be revealed.
    Wouldn't using time travel to resurrect Cyclops just cause complications in the time stream? Which is exactly what he killed his future self for? I figure he had to do it within the present time, instead of just saving him using time travel which would probably cause problems in the time stream. Because let's say he did pick up a Pre DOX Cyclops he would still have to return him to die. So resurrecting was obviously better in the long term.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    How would you know? And how was he portrayed BEFORE the 90's? What about in the 3 animated series, and all the previous films?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-24-2019 at 07:00 AM.

They had multiple ways to bring Scott back.

1. Breakerworld technology used to resurrect him the first time
    2. Infinity Wars and stones
    3. Cosmic Cube in Secret Empire
    4. Selene
    5. The Hand