Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'll be first (well, others may have but, I don't know where or what thread or who but, just run with me on this for drama's sake) -- I'll be first to admit, ever since Scott stopped playing nice(?) -- I've had a Scott boner that's both concerning to my doctor and my husband. Who doesn't love a badboy? Doubly so, who doesn't find the hard laced rules following nerd of the outsider community standing up and saying "Oh FUUUUUUUX THIIIIIIIIIS" and raising some hell and knocking some heads. If that doesn't appeal to nerds far and wide who've ever experienced adversity or bullying, well then I tip my hat to you, good sirs and ladies, but I am a gay man who was ridiculed and teased in his youth with some daddy issues (haha) and that **** resonated with me HARD. Hence: boner. (not really, but for the lolz, guys, c'mon)
    Cyke.jpg

Oh yes the thirst for bad boy Cyclops is real

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They had multiple ways to bring Scott back.

1. Breakerworld technology used to resurrect him the first time
    2. Infinity Wars and stones
    3. Cosmic Cube in Secret Empire
    4. Selene
    5. The Hand
    Wolverine: Breakerworld
    Wolverine : Infinity Watch
    Wolverine: Cosmic Cube
    Wolverine & Selene
    Wolverine vs The Hand.

See the quota is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    How would you know? And how was he portrayed BEFORE the 90's? What about in the 3 animated series, and all the previous films?
    Marvle writers talk all the time about how they have no idea what the movies are doing ahead of time except sometimes getting little notes. All KT knows about Captain Marvel right now is what she saw from the trailer. And she adjusted her script a little based off that.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Even if Marvel Studios had any idea what their X-Men was going to be like, Marvel Comics wouldn't know. If a trailer came out, that would be all they'd have. They're making Cyclops the way he was in the 90's because they love the 90's for some reason.
    The 90s was the height of the X-Men comics' commercial success which, in turn, is what spawned the cartoon and the film franchise. That's partly why.

There may also be some intent to try and get out in front of what a MCU X-franchise will probably look like. 2000s-early 2010s X-Men was dark, deconstructionist, and laced with moral ambiguity. That's pretty much the opposite of the breezy, high-adventure classical heroism of the MCU. Even in Infinity War, as dark as its ending was, there's no question who the bad guys and the good guys are. The MCU X-Men are very likely to be closer to the "minority superheroes" formula of the 90s than the "guerilla anti-heroes" formula of the post-M-Day comics.

BANNED

That ignores that the '90s was the height of edgy gun-toting anti-heroes and storylines such as AoA. It was as "morally ambiguous" as the decades that followed, except through the eyes of a 9 year old boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Marvle writers talk all the time about how they have no idea what the movies are doing ahead of time except sometimes getting little notes. All KT knows about Captain Marvel right now is what she saw from the trailer. And she adjusted her script a little based off that.
    That's it? I mean, it's not like writers or probably even most editors/TPTB et al., are gonna cop to any synergistic efforts and/or tendencies. To think there's no overarching, all-encompassing coordination and/or influence to some degree, is just denying the obvious. Not to mention enough past/present evidence that both points to, and supports, contrary--if loosely manged--practices. And the higher up the ladder you go, I'm sure, the more you are in the know. It's just illogical to think otherwise, IMO.