Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Welcome back scott!!!!!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Several years ago"? That should actually be over a decade ago, considering he's wearing his original uniform.
    Sliding timescale, the last time they showed anything regarding dates the FF (considered the start point) formed around 2001 (and several years from now it will be moved further, comics depend on time moving slowly if they focus on particular characters and not on teams or the general universe, Claremont originally wanted characters to age regularly and even retire, but everyone else disagreed, it would have likely killed most comics)

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    But the subsequent art looks very 60s.
    It's intended (He did an amazing work at it)

This is epic. Welcome back Cyke!!

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Fantastic art on the first two pages.
    But the subsequent art looks very 60s.
    That was the idea.

Welcome back, Cyclops. Now bring back your son! The real, grown up version. Not this lame kid.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GarDian View Post
    This might actually get me back to comics. Its been a while, old friend.
    I will at least break my oath not to buy a physical Marvel comic (due to ink rubbing off) for this. Might still read it digitally
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Several years ago"? That should actually be over a decade ago, considering he's wearing his original uniform.
    Several Years works. The costume gives us the proper reference for about when, being any more 'precise' with years just leads to people complaining about time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I just want ONE panel...where Emma sense that he's alive. She doesn't have to go to him, or do anything, or be involved with all this...but acknowledge that she would be able to feel him.
    I want to know why Jean has not sensed him. Pretty sure they still have a psychic rapport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Freaking. STOKED.

I'm sure timey-wimey will be the explanation for his return, but I'm curious as to the specifics. Can't wait for this issue!
    I hope it has nothing to do with Cable or time travel junk. Things I would like to see maybe are his being a host of the Phoenix Force and also having been merged with Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member

When it comes to time in Marvel comics, you sort of just have to go with the headcanon that works for you.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm already loving everything about this preview. And the retro artwork for the flashback story is amazing. I love it!!
    I'm excited to see how Scott has returned. I'm more excited about this than I have been for any of Disassembled.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I want to know why Jean has not sensed him. Pretty sure they still have a psychic rapport.
    The rapport was severed way back in 2000 when he merged with Apocalypse. For reasons that have never been explained, Jean didn't restore it after she and Cable got Scott back.

I dont get it, rosenberg is writing cyke in uncanny. He’s going to guide his return, so why is anyther writer doing the intro chapter?
    I just dont get why rosey didnt write this? (Brisson is bad)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I just want ONE panel...where Emma sense that he's alive. She doesn't have to go to him, or do anything, or be involved with all this...but acknowledge that she would be able to feel him.
    We'll it's a annual so there's lot's of comic we haven't seen yet. I agree that this would be a nice moment. God knows Emma's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Welcome back, Cyclops. Now bring back your son! The real, grown up version. Not this lame kid.
    We'll if the lame kid is responsible for his return I feel like he should be cut some slack. I was never a fan of Tyke though so I understand where you're coming from.

I'm guessing he wasn't brought back until she and the rest of the gang left.

It's nice to see Scott drawing breath, welcome back my boy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The art is very very well done! I will definitely peruse on the shelf.

Assuming this follows Uncanny #10 sequentially, Jean's probably still...wherever Nate sent her.

But that does leave Emma...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GarDian View Post
    I'm guessing he wasn't brought back until she and the rest of the gang left.

It's nice to see Scott drawing breath, welcome back my boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Assuming this follows Uncanny #10 sequentially, Jean's probably still...wherever Nate sent her.

But that does leave Emma...
    I think my question was answered by the comment above that the rapport was never established again after the Apocalypse merger.

As for the timing, so far everything leads us to believe Scott was alive during Disassembled based on the Extermination epilogue and the opening scene of this issue taking place weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    The rapport was severed way back in 2000 when he merged with Apocalypse. For reasons that have never been explained, Jean didn't restore it after she and Cable got Scott back.
    I think my question was answered by the comment above that the rapport was never established again after the Apocalypse merger.

As for the timing, so far everything leads us to believe Scott was alive during Disassembled based on the Extermination epilogue and the opening scene of this issue taking place weeks ago.

Even if she had, she died and he died. Theres no reason to believe they would still have one now