Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure, there is nothing to worry about Scott being alive, it went really well for Jean the last time
    And last time Scott was alive he was thrown under the bus to hype up the inhumans. Also, it's not the same management, not the same writers and not the same year. There is nothing indicating the Prom Queen will be demoted in favor of Scott. There were already 11 issues of a book devoted to show how literally flawless she is because that's the vision TPTB has of her. They'll pair her with Bishop to keep her away from Scott. There is absolutely no concrete reason to think Scott is any threat to her. If anything, he might be ditched next year in favor of her, so people might feel the scales are balanced, since this is what this is about.

So yeah, I think everything will be fine for Her Ginger Highness. Scott is pretty much a non-issue for her as far as it's shown. If they are ever paired again, it'll be just to destroy whatever's left of Scott's character. So, no problems for her.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That theory was laid out in jest (obviously), but in all seriousness, Jean being depressed as all hell over Resurrection would make for a better-than-what-we've-got explanation as to why she's been trying waaayyyy too hard in X-Men Red.

He died, thus triggering Jean's depression, which in turn led to Jean giving those UN speeches and making the X-Men more hated than evah. Full circle, baby.

It's really too bad the x-office isn't playing those story beats for the laughs. Oh well.
    It wasn't Jean that made x-men hated. It was Nate destroying religious temples

Joking? They're pretty much dead even in parental godawfulness, really. The only joke to be made is that these two parental-skills-lacking clowns are perfect for each other.
    Answer that. So Jean should had lobotomized Nate?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-17-2019 at 03:21 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, Jean stuck a primary school girl's hand in someone's head. What's wrong with a little lobotomy at this point?

The divorce is still going strong huh.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The divorce is still going strong huh.
    Yep, and with it, the children are left suffering.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Poor Wifi.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Jean got an ongoing of Scott's latest, death. It did go well for her the last time Scott was alive.

Now, if we want to theorize that Jean was so distraught over Scott's (latest, lol) death that she had an off-panel nervous breakdown which prompted her to make those insane speeches in Red, well, that's for an entirely other discussion and clearly not what spirit2011 was alluding to.
    When I said last time, I didn't meant phoenix Ressurrection.Of course Jean ressurrection, she would get to ressurrect. If wasn't for that she would be dead. I meant Endsong and HCT

The preview looks good. I suspect Rosenberg will do a really good job with Cyclops. I can't help but get excited for Scott's return. At first I was bitter because of how long Jean was kept dead, but it is good to have Scott Summers back in action.

Scott and Jean do have a lot in common now. I was going to list the ways but someone already beat me to it. Even teen Scott and teen Jean had the experience of existing while their older counterparts were deceased.

Of course they are going to hold us in suspense for a while and not have Scott and Jean interact. I suspect the same will be true for Ms. Frost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, Jean stuck a primary school girl's hand in someone's head. What's wrong with a little lobotomy at this point?
    What she did with Cassandra was pretty much lobotomy, so it's not like it's anything new for her. Doesn't sound like an excess. Or she could just mess with his vocal chords through tk so every time he spoke it would be with a really high pitched voice and nobody would take him seriously. They would still all die, but it would be laughing, at least

The last time Cyclops was alive, the X-books were concluding his decades-long, nuanced, and galvanizing character arc and we thought the future was bright for all of the long-suffering and long-dead characters that allowed for Scott's epic rise and legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    And last time Scott was alive he was thrown under the bus to hype up the inhumans. Also, it's not the same management, not the same writers and not the same year. There is nothing indicating the Prom Queen will be demoted in favor of Scott. There were already 11 issues of a book devoted to show how literally flawless she is because that's the vision TPTB has of her. They'll pair her with Bishop to keep her away from Scott. There is absolutely no concrete reason to think Scott is any threat to her. If anything, he might be ditched next year in favor of her, so people might feel the scales are balanced, since this is what this is about.

So yeah, I think everything will be fine for Her Ginger Highness. Scott is pretty much a non-issue for her as far as it's shown. If they are ever paired again, it'll be just to destroy whatever's left of Scott's character. So, no problems for her.
    Marvel is putting all their efforts on Cyclops coming back. They put a higher price on Uncanny 11 and are heavy promoting it on retailers. Scott won't get ditched, i'm sure of that.

I don't think it will be that bad for Jean, they can't get away with many crap they did with her on the past. it will depend how much Marvel think Cyclops brought on sales for the x-men

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

When I said last time, I didn't meant phoenix Ressurrection.Of course Jean ressurrection, she would get to ressurrect. If wasn't for that she would be dead. I meant Endsong and HCT
    Still doesn't qualify as, quote, "last time". Pick one. You know what, there's no need. Jean didn't instantly shed dozens of pound and become geriatric. She factually fared better than Scott.

Answer that. So Jean should had lobotomized Nate?
    1. Of course not. The man is dying. Lobotomizing him would be cruel. Not only that, but it would come off as a telepath showing off for the sheer hell of it, really. A straight up physical mercy kill would've been the right thing to do.

2. What does that have to do with anything?

It wasn't Jean that made x-men hated. It was Nate destroying religious temples
    If the destruction of those temples was an actual plot point, the UN sure as hell wouldn't tried to cover for the X-Men, lol. Nice catch, though. We really should've mentioned the writers/editors dropping the ball on this particular angle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Wi-Fi doesn't care, Nate is crazy, Cable is dead and nobody cares about Meg Gr... I mean, Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The last time Cyclops was alive, the X-books were concluding his decades-long, nuanced, and galvanizing character arc and we thought the future was bright for all of the long-suffering and long-dead characters that allowed for Scott's epic rise and legacy.
    You... really felt that way when during the EXM/Mutantkind-being-Medusa's-bitch era?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-17-2019 at 04:09 PM.

All that era did was mobilize "Cyclops Waz Right"

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    All that era did was mobilize "Cyclops Waz Right"
    Which one? 2015-2016, 2016-2017 or 2017-2018?

Which one? 2015-2016, 2016-2017 or 2017-2018?
    Exactly 10char