Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Doomsday Clock have tie-in issues to the story ?

Given the importance of Doomsday Clock and its story: Does anyone thinks that it deserves tie-in issues to the tale ?

I mean it really feels off putting to see all of the story elements of Doomsday Clock being told in the story, but not exactly explained in the current comics ?

I mean if Doomsday Clock is suppose to be the DCU in one year time, then shouldn’t we get stories finally explaining how we got to this point ?

Also Doomsday Clock was set up by questions via the Superman, Batman and Flash titles. Shouldn’t we get some answers to them by now ?

Regardless of what how Geoff Johns operates shouldn’t other DC titles connect with the Doomsday Clock story try to tie into it ?

I mean I feel that the overall Doomsday Clock story thus far is more Watchman than DC. Shouldn’t that be reversed by now ?

As fans of DC characters and its stories: What do you think about this ?

Bendis just revealed yesterday that his Superman book will address Doomsday Clock at some point, and at least Dr. Manhattan, and I would be shocked if Batman and the Flash don't have a story that connects in some way. Any of the other books tying in could go either way, especially with the fairly recent and rotating list of writers each of the other series have been getting.

Tie-ins to Doomsday Clock while it's being slowly, irregularly published?

ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Considering that DC is struggling to just put out individual issues of DOOMSDAY CLOCK as it is, attaching supplementary books to it at this point would not be a great idea.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

No need to tie in.It's pretty well covered in the series so,why interrupt some other stories? Besides then there would be threads whining about tie in's. It's a damned if you do,damned if ya don't thing.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Since Johns specifically requested that there be no tie-ins for Doomsday Clock, I don't think that'd be a good idea. If the guy writing it doesn't want any, then there shouldn't be any.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?
    Came here to say this, just not in that font size.

Though I could see them pulling another Convergence where the tie-ins were leagues above the actual story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Doomsday Clock's biggest setback is relying on the "one year later" gimmick, it essentially holds the entire line hostage. The delays are likely less to do with problems on Johns and Frank's end and more on the fact editorial are having difficulty getting all the titles to line up with the continuity presented in the series. You'd think every book would become a tie-in to the event at this stage, but instead all they're getting is gloomier, which matches the mood of Doomsday Clock

No.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?
    Exactly.

I don’t expect tie in’s but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are epilogue books or storylines in various books that address the fallout directly. Doomsday Clock is trying to be a companion book to Watchmen. It’ll be as self contained as possible to try to make it an evergreen trade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don’t expect tie in’s but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are epilogue books or storylines in various books that address the fallout directly. Doomsday Clock is trying to be a companion book to Watchmen. It’ll be as self contained as possible to try to make it an evergreen trade.
    Yet for a meeting between Doctor Manhattan and Superman it feels more Watchman than DC and it’s set in the DCU of Doctor Manhattan doing.

I'm cool with tie-ins when its over and done with but not while Doomsday Clock is still going on.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Given that Doomsday Clock #9 is out now and how many heroes showed up to confront Dr. Manhatthan...Any guesses as of when will DC show HOW these heroes were gathered and came to be fighting the Watmen character ?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Given that Doomsday Clock #9 is out now and how many heroes showed up to confront Dr. Manhatthan...Any guesses as of when will DC show HOW these heroes were gathered and came to be fighting the Watmen character ?
    end of spoilers
    I think a bigger question is to explain WHO wasn't there and why.

Astonishing Member

No. It's refreshing that it's a self-contained story. I like it when a story can just be a story.