Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Carol Danvers stronger than Hulk and Thor?

Now, i have zero issues with Carol being THE Captain Marvel of the MCU instead of Mar-Vell or Genis-Vell, i'm not like those anti-sjw crackpots on YouTube who thinks theres a sjw Conspiracy behind every movie starring an action girl.

However, Feige's saying that she is stronger than Hulk and Thor? I DO have some issues with that, especially since 616 Carol was never stronger than those two. As a proud Thor fan obsessed with feats and power levels i hope she is not going to be an invincible Mary Sue that makes my man Thor look like an incompetent buffoon (Waititi already did that LOL, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Now, i have zero issues with Carol being THE Captain Marvel of the MCU instead of Mar-Vell or Genis-Vell, i'm not like those anti-sjw crackpots on YouTube who thinks theres a sjw Conspiracy behind every movie starring an action girl.

However, Feige's saying that she is stronger than Hulk and Thor? I DO have some issues with that, especially since 616 Carol was never stronger than those two. As a proud Thor fan obsessed with feats and power levels i hope she is not going to be an invincible Mary Sue that makes my man Thor look like an incompetent buffoon (Waititi already did that LOL, but still).
    Thor and Hulk may not even be around in the MCU after the next Avengers film, so a character like Carol might sort of be needed to fill the slack.

Mighty Member

If she has her Binary powers from the comics, she's probably stronger than both.

Who cares if she is? We already know, MCU-wise, that Thanos beats Hulk's ass on the regular. And Thor is more or less slightly weaker than Thanos.

MCU isn't following MU to the letter so anything is possible.

The smart way to do it would be to put Carols power similar to what the gap is between Thor and hulk. As in, if they fought, Thor would work Carol similar to how hulk worked him in the arena, but once she goes binary then she edges him out. But the 3 of them are close enough that it's not a curb stomp

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who cares if she is? We already know, MCU-wise, that Thanos beats Hulk's ass on the regular. And Thor is more or less slightly weaker than Thanos.
    Thor himself is much weaker than Thanos. He can only have a chance against him with the Stormbreaker.

It's probably going to be like Hulk where the madder he gets, the stronger he gets.

Baseline Carol is probably on par with Thor and baseline Hulk, but she's much stronger when she absorbs a lot of energy and goes Binary.

But that was true in the comics to begin with.

A nice long hot shower with plenty of soap and shampoo will fix that.

In Binary Mode she is a Planet Buster. She did single handedly reignite the sun once. So I would argue at peak strength she is stronger than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    In Binary Mode she is a Planet Buster. She did single handedly reignite the sun once. So I would argue at peak strength she is stronger than those two.
    The thing is, was it s one off or had there been other showings to show that she can do something like that again? Otherwise it doesn't really count

Are we talking just strength, as in lifting stuff? If so, I'd imagine Carol to be not as strong as Hulk or Thor. Powerful might be a different story. Hulk is only strength, but a lot of it and the potential to gain more. Thor's got some massive storm stuff and a hammer. Plus other magical devices.

The cool part is we can argue over comparing apples to oranges to bananas and not be able to come up with a definite answer

In the MCU they are build her up to be Superman. So if you are Thor or Hulk fan and thought of another character or woman being strong than those two bothers prepare to get you ego busted. As comics for the her Binary form puts her in convo.

Extraordinary Member

1. Let's wait to see the movie(s). I doubt Feige is stupid enough to have a new character show up and be better than the established characters in every way, because that's a sure-fire way to make the audience hate a new character, and if I know this, then I'm pretty sure he knows it better. But we'll see.

2. As others have noted, her role in the MCU is closer to Superman than in the comics (where Thor is usually the closest thing they have to Superman) and her new backstory is also partly influenced by her years in the comics as Binary.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If they just make her strong as her comic version, that alone probably makes her stronger than MCU Thor or Hulk.