• other(be specific)

27 32.53%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I guess I'll just say Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    Beast and Wonder Man is the only right answer
    a close second would be Rogue
    I wish with all my heart and soul that Wonder Man was on the X-Men's side during AvX.

BANNED

Wow another thing we agree on, never cared for Wonder Man other than to deck Wolverine he was the most inconsistent both in motive, personalty and power he would fit right in with the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I would say Which X-Men I really Like as Avengers and Indeed Want to see MUCH, MUCH More of as Avengers are:

1.) Rogue!
    2.) Storm!
    3.) Polaris!
    4.) Havok!
    5.) Nightcrawler!

Agreed, I like that list. I'd like to see them all working with the Avengers. I tend to view Rogue and Havok as having been rescued in a way from the current nonsense going on over in the X-franchise and would like to see the same for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    ... at what point did the X-men (and quite a lot of their fans) start hating everyone that was different from them? Hasn't that always been kinda the opposite of what X-men are about?
    Welcome to the new X-Men franchise.

Beast on the Avengers is a parody of himself, just a comic relief smart guy with very little agency. Beast is an essential character for the X-Men, not only is he one of the orginal five but his monstrous appearence and it's origin ties in so well with the main themes of the X-Men books themselves.

Reducing a complex character like Beast to Wonderman's drinking budy is just a terrible waste.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    What promotion are you referring to? Sure the movies get hyped but the comic? Where how?
    I did say "on-screen".

Firestar is another character that was a much better Avenger. ... Although she was even better as a New Warrior. She just never really felt like she belonged on the X-men to me. They only stuck her there because she was a mutant.

They did the same thing with Namor and outside some of his interacts with Emma, it was pretty horrible. I still don't see why he felt the need to side with Cyclops over Captain America in the crossover, but most of the thing about that were pretty horrible anyway.
    I don't get why being a mutant = automatically joining the X-Men.
    It's counter-productive.
    Even if it's not perfect in some cases, at least the presence of mutants in teams outside the X-verse is an actual good thing.
    Now, the presence of non-mutant members in said X-verse's teams would be a good sign toward the acceptance/tolerance angle they're sporting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Beast on the Avengers is a parody of himself, just a comic relief smart guy with very little agency. Beast is an essential character for the X-Men, not only is he one of the orginal five but his monstrous appearence and it's origin ties in so well with the main themes of the X-Men books themselves.

Reducing a complex character like Beast to Wonderman's drinking budy is just a terrible waste.
    Sapien-mutant friendship is a terrible waste ? Lord.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. Namor with the X-men was wonderful. I miss Loa as his apprentice.
    Namor's relationship with Loa is the only (repeat: only) good thing about his ever being an X-Man. And even that was unnecessary. Everything about him and Emma needs to be erased.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I like Storm as an Avenger because she's an elder statesman of the X-Men and makes a good ambassador. Also Scarlet Witch. I like that the new Avengers team will have mutants and Inhumans for diversity's sake.
    SW has never been a X-man, an enemy of the X-men yes but never a X-man.

I would choose all three of the choices since I am so very tired of those hypocrites and don't read the Avengers anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post

Agreed. He barely did a damned thing during the years he was there. The first half of his time was him bitching about getting beaten up so much, the second half was boasting about getting laid. I honestly don't know what people see in his time as an Avenger. He got to use his brain, like, twice, and he only got to win fights against goons. He was nothing but comic relief, and honestly, it's not like the book was all that serious to begin with, so even his comic relief role was largely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Well, acting like a raving lunatic around Wanda is one of the very reason why Rogue is bad Avenger-material at the moment.
    I agree if Rogue ws not a lunatic in UA, She would have killed Wanda much earlier and , then after the jump back in time killed her immediately instead of apologizing for stopping Wanda from attack mutants again/ the Proper answer to Wanda being surprised that a mutant would want to kill her would have been, the reply : "many of us the have good reasons to kill you"

Rememder has Wanda being written as a dim-wit who is surprised that people she harmed don't love her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Welcome to the new X-Men franchise.
    You make it sound as if the franchise has become a bad parody of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    SW has never been a X-man, an enemy of the X-men yes but never a X-man.

I would choose all three of the choices since I am so very tired of those hypocrites and don't read the Avengers anymore
    When did you start.

... at what point did the X-men (and quite a lot of their fans) start hating everyone that was different from them? Hasn't that always been kinda the opposite of what X-men are about?
    Some time between Stark building Sentinels and being ok with their use against mutants, an Avenger hunting down escapees for a concentration camp, and an Avenger committing mutant genocide. Then add on AvX where the Avengers went full on stupid. If you primarily read the X-books the Avenger tend to be the bad guys.

Havok not getting his ass kicked off the team for the spereach is another reason, The Avengers chose a mutant "Uncle Ruckus' to be their mutant PR leader

Mutant Avengers too often become enemies of the X-men, if you betray the group you are from the term sell-out applies

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    When did you start.
    Late 1963, Wanda was a X-man villain when she first appeared. Wanda has never been an X-man

Banshee would make an awesome Avenger. He's got a unique background: working with Interpol, running the Generation X school, superheroics and power/skill set. He's simultaneously passionate and laidback-gets along with almost everybody. So of course, the only thing the X-Franchise could think to do with him was stupidly kill him. The fact that he's now on his third resurrection since is a pretty clear indication he never should have been "killed" in the first place. Hopefully, Remender recognizes same and brings him on board the unity team. Likewise, a significant stint in the Avengers could be the best thing that could happen to a "returned" Jean Grey, while providing the Avengers with another powerful female member. It gets Jean away from all the ugly baggage Grant Morrison saddled her with. Angel and Iceman have already worked well as members of non-mutant teams and could do so again. Finally, I always thought the Mimic would be cool as an Avenger. He's got a vastly useful power set (all the powers of the original five X-men plus anybody elses' he's in range to "mimic) and things to prove about and to himself. Plus, he's recently been appealing in a kind of "underdog" way. Due mostly to the James Asmus solo story that revealed his manic depressive diagnosis and Christos Gage's sympathetic use of him in X-men Legacy. For once, a superhero who's actually living with a mental/emotional health issue rather than turning into a raving lunatic who suddenly wants to rule the world, violently betray their teammates, etc...