• Beast

33 39.76%
  • Wolverine

5 6.02%
  • other(be specific)

27 32.53%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Should have made this poll a multiple choice one.

Beast has always made a better Avenger than an X-Person to me. Heck, I liked him better as a Defender.

But he's not the only one:
    - Storm
    - Nightcrawler
    - Shadowcat
    - Iceman
    - Colossus
    - Rogue

and many others would make excellent Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    X-Factor doesn't count?
    Nope. X-Men is X-Men. X-Factor ain't.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-29-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Every X-Men character that has been an Avenger has been more interesting as an Avenger than as an X-Men in my opinion (please don't kill me X-fans). So I'm happy to see Rogue, Havok, Beast, Wolverine, etc being Avengers. I get to see them be proper world saving superheroes and it's great. I'm not sure who I would vote for because there are too many cool X-Venger characters. Rogue and Havok have been awesome in Uncanny Avengers, I'm liking Cannonball/Sunspot in Hickman's Avengers, Wolverine doing superhero stuff is always more fun than him fighting Cyclops for the umpteenth time, Beast's time as an Avenger was awesome and it would awesome if they reclaimed him. I don't know if characters like Iceman or Psylocke have been Avengers but that would be cool too. A lot of them would be cool Avengers. I always thought that X-school graduates (Avengers academy ones too) should join various super teams across the Marvel Universe to show they graduated and now can be a professional superhero operating in a group, instead of graduating into being a background character in an X-book where Storm hogs the spotlight and stay in the school forever.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I enjoy Rogue just for the interaction she has with Thor, hopefully there'll be more reasons as Uncanny Avengers goes along. I agree with what ImprobableQuestion said about Storm, it's a shame that Bendis didn't do anything with her, hopefully she'll be in a future team and we'll get better use of her in that.

I wouldn't mind if one day Shadowcat was given a go at being an Avenger but that's my personal taste.

I think Prodigy has never been more interesting than when he joined Young Avengers... BUT that was by an X-writer, inspired by stories he created for Prodigy while an X-writer (just never got to bring to boil). IF (and it'sa BIG if) Hickman outs Sam/Sunspot... that would be interesting (though I doubt it will eclipse their time as New Mutants). Beast is probably better as an Avenger (god knows the X-verse doesn't want him). I always thought Jean Grey would be better as an Avengers (she needs some non-X time to have years away from Phoenix anything).

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Every X-Men character that has been an Avenger has been more interesting as an Avenger than as an X-Men in my opinion (please don't kill me X-fans).
    b) you cannot, you just CANNOT say Storm was more interesting as an Avenger than an X-man (leader, headmistress, goddess and bad-ass taking names queen vs. drooling while taken out/rinse and repeat).
    c) you NEED to read X-men: Legacy. For me (and many fans) Prof. Carey wrote the definitive Rogue.

Beast just works better as an Avenger than he does as an X-man at this point. As an Avenger, he actually does thing. he goes out, he fights crime, he enjoys himself, and he actually has friends.

As an X-man he's usually just stuck being the morose science guy.

I've also always wanted Iceman to become an Avenger. he just seems a better fit for being a typical hero than the typical mutant rights Xavier's dream stuff. ...Plus, again, he doesn't really do anything as an X-man most of the time.

Wolverine makes a horrible Avenger.

Extraordinary Member

Other than Beast,(that one is a given) i'd say Sunfire.

I can see Sunfire's ego, making him an unwilling at best XMan.

Shiro's reaction to being asked to join the Avengers was completely in character for him.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Logan that I want nothing to do with...The Avengers? Why didn't you say so?"

Rogue has been pretty terrible so far, bullying her teamate and stirring up drama and controversy in the group any time she had the opportunity to do so. Not a fan of her Avenger career.
    I'd vote Havok here, he's been a good add so far, really sparked my interest in him. He's also outside the "us vs them" mentality sported by a lot of mutants atm, which is a definite plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Exactly Rogue killing Wanda was the right move if she needs to apologize for anything it she should be apologizing for failing to kill her before she finished the spell. If anybody needs to apologize it should be Wanda for betraying her teammates again because despite her attentions it was still a betrayal because Wanda's plan was foolish, and would have gotten a lot of innocent mutants with no training killed, and as long as Wanda refused to cooperate the twins couldn't move forward so all she really had to do was show a little backbone and refuse to work with them.

Quicksilver was never a X-Man either.
    Well, acting like a raving lunatic around Wanda is one of the very reason why Rogue is bad Avenger-material at the moment.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Hope Summers is better as an avenger than Xman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Beast work on every team he has been on. K-men, Avengers, Defenders, X-Factor you name he clicks.

It is a shame Storm did not get a longer run she could have had a real impact.
    Beast works fine on most teams but I really believe the X-Men suck alot of whats cool about the character right out of him. Wasn't always that way mind you but the past few years that feels like the case for me.

As to the other X-Men there are others I would suggest for Avengers but they never have served on the team. Iceman is one of those people. The character is and has been stagnate on that team for the longest time and it's not because of his personality or the nature of his power type. It's because the group of characters he is usually surrounded with don't meld with or mesh as well as they could with him. Iceman needs saving from the X-ghetto ASAP.

There's no escaping the X-guetto, otherwise you are a "sell-out". Ask Storm.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I love the concept of Rogue being an Avenger considering she once beat the entire team single-handedly, so her interactions with them are fun. I also love her friendship with Thor.

Boom Boom cuz explosions!

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    There's no escaping the X-guetto, otherwise you are a "sell-out". Ask Storm.
    I think we all know who the King of the Sellout is...

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Beast but I also like Sunspot and Cannonball
    Sunspot and Cannonball are Avengers?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have always been Avengers first for me, and then X-Men.
    Was Scarlet Witch ever an X-Men. I know Quicksilver was with X-Factor.

Sandy Hausler