View Poll Results: What did you think of Wonder Woman #62?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

3 12.00%
  • ★★★★

9 36.00%
  • ★★★

9 36.00%
  • ★★

2 8.00%
  • 2 8.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    To this point, yes he did. But I don't think he took the point far enough or made Diana stand up for herself as much as she would have pre-Crisis.

He wrote Diana as incredibly subservient to her gods--especially the moment on the beach with Zeus and then again when Hermes comes to live with Diana--to a point it's a bit excruciating to re-read in the MeToo/TimesUp moment. Only Hippolyta demonstrating any outrage and backbone against Zeus' creepy overtures.

I don't mind if writers want to use "classic" Olympian behaviors.

What I do want is for Diana to be strong, independent, powerful, confident, capable and grounded in herself. I hope that GWW is able to bring us this Diana.
    I think your overstating things a bit. Diana actively spurned Zeus’ advances.

And Diana is, by nature, pretty forgiving and wanting to see the best in people. The only moment I really felt Perez fumbled the hall was when Disna visited the Parthenon in Athens and pondered how the people had abandoned the gods. Uh, no, they turned to new a new faith.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I think your overstating things a bit. Diana actively spurned Zeus’ advances.

And Diana is, by nature, pretty forgiving and wanting to see the best in people. The only moment I really felt Perez fumbled the hall was when Disna visited the Parthenon in Athens and pondered how the people had abandoned the gods. Uh, no, they turned to new a new faith.
    This is partly why I love Rucka's first run so much. He takes that history and the mythology itself amd evolved it. He had the Gods improve, change, and grow beyond their beginnings. Hopefully we will get more of that some day

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Correct. But Zeus being the father seems to be the more common version. And Hades is of course Persephone's uncleÂ…
    Well, I just wanted to let you know that the version of Hades being Zagreus's father is the older one and that the version of Zeus supposedly being the father might actually be a misinterpretation of Hades's epithets, Zeus Chthonios and Zeus Meilichios, meaning that Hades is actually still the father in those versions.

While Greek mythological figures, both mortal and immortal, are known for intermingling with close relatives (i.e. siblings, cousins, aunts/uncles, nieces/nephews, etc), one line that they try not to cross is pairings between parents and their children. Other direct ancestors/descendants seemed to be okay, but having intercourse with parents or immediate children was a taboo so serious that it led to the downfall of mortal kings such as Oedipus. Plus, if Zeus had indeed raped Persephone before she married Hades, she wouldn't have been eligible for marriage as rape victims during that time could only marry their rapists (also, Demeter would have killed him). If he'd done so after she married Hades, both Demeter and Hades would have killed him.

Again, just to let you know.

Check out the following links for more meta detail:

https://cthonisprincess.tumblr.com/p...our-brains-now
    https://hi-its-kaye.tumblr.com/post/...what-texts-you