Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Not for $75 per year, I won't.

I know, I know...DC Streaming offers way more than TITANS. For people who watch that much, it likely is worth it...but I don't watch that much and most of the other fare they offer I already own on DVD.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I believe they have a free trial or you could watch it through other means *cough* *cough*

Been a Titans fans since the 70's.

I freakin' love it.
    Batman - Daredevil

I hate that I can't watch it because it's not on Netflix in the U.S. and I refuse to pay $75 a year for a DC streaming service that I'm not sure I'd use that much outside of TITANS.

Can't you pay monthly the cancel? There is also a free trial.

All people are saying is that if you really wanted to watch it ... you could
    The J-man

I wanted to love it but I ended up giving up on it halfway through. I'll probably be giving it another look sometime. My problem is more how the core trigon plot was handled and the uneven focus on Dick at the expense of the other 3.

The dark tone feels too try hard but I think it does feel meaningful at times. The ideal tone would be something like Buffy or Doctor Who, a show that could bounce between light and dark on a drop of a hat.

I hate that I can't watch it because it's not on Netflix in the U.S. and I refuse to pay $75 a year for a DC streaming service that I'm not sure I'd use that much outside of TITANS.

Without getting into detail.... your assessment is on the money and you made the right choice.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Thought I'd dislike it, but I actually really enjoyed it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Nah, I think hating something takes too much negative energy and I'm probably way too lazy to do so.
    So true, it's scary.

Extraordinary Member

You COULD always do the monthly plan and just spend the free trial period binging it and pay only about $7.99 for the month and then cancel it anytime you want...

It feels like a waste. There is honest to god effort in this show but misses the more often than not. I find shows/comics/movies/whatever that have effort and sucks, annoys me more than just straight up garbage.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

I think the show is pretty good for the most part, despite the initial reservations it was a pretty good show and was well handled for the most part. The show wasn't as dark as people made it out to be, past the initial blood and cursing, especially in comparison to Marv Wolfman/George Perez, Geoff Johns or even Scott Lobdell's work which even YJ displays.

The show's plot was pretty good and it had some cool fight scenes happening, alright choreography, and great character moments despite episodes and dialogue coming off disjointed. It has heart. I'm not mad at use of guest stars because it seems it's not just one or done guest cameos. Each character feels like it serves not only building the background of the main character (Doom Patrol for Beast Boy and Raven, Donna Troy and Jason for Dick Grayson) and builds on each appearance. It feels like they build the family faster than any core four/five in comparison to Young Justice or Teen Titans. Titans seems to really did a good job at making the characters feel like DC universe is around them and a lived in world, instead of an empty background. I feel like they could have done better, and the season finale felt like penultimate episode if anything, but as a whole it feels better than what people initally suspected of it.

I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It was interesting enough to keep watching, but so self-serious and grimdark to the point of self-parody so it wasn't the slog that Snyder's theatrical cut of BvS was.

The main problem is that Dick Grayson is not a fun character, which was the biggest misstep that Wolfman & Perez made with the character. Batman's dark, while Robin is light. Robin is boring if he's just Batman, but younger. The actor playing him is perfectly fine, but that's simply not a version of Grayson I have much interest in. The low-budget versions of Starfire, Beast Boy & Raven were perfectly fine, but, again, could have used a little more levity.

I dunno, I think I was not the target audience for this thing. I like my superhero stories with a lot of spectacle, humor and heart. This leaned too far on trying to be morose moody teenagers desperately trying to be taken seriously.

And I have no idea why Johns has seemingly become allergic to having Cyborg on the Titans. Why is he on the Doom Patrol? He should have been on this show.

Mighty Member

Titans is probably one of the best DC TV shows out right now. I honestly roll my eyes at the hate. BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Amazing Member

I loved Titans. I was fairly entertained by it and while there are some differences from the comic, I think it captured a lot of the spirit of the characters. Also, Donna Troy was amazing on the show and I hope she's in season two with a bigger role.

I haven't read this thread yet, but to answer the question: nope. My fiancee & I looked forward to the new episode every week, and we've watched it a few times now. We loved it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."