Default Pitch A Direction: Icemaiden aka Sigrid Nansen

I figured I'd make a "pitch a direction" thread for one of DC's lesser focused on characters. Sigrid Nansen received her ice powers from the Norwegian government in an attempt to please her mother. She served on the Justice League International before being replaced by Tora Olafsdotter. She was last seen skinned alive by a villain (because of course she was). She was also one of DC's first bisexual characters.

Anyway, what direction would you guys take Sigrid if you would bring her back?

A buddy cop book with Fire that also serves a primer for who these two characters are. It also is a look at superheroes on the world stage and probably deals with the fallout from Doomsday Clock.

I'd do an action-comedy where she's a competent crimefighter but always mistaken for the more popular Ice. She decides the only way she's going to step out of Ice's shadow is to take down a legendary villainous type who's so big he's never truly been captured...somebody akin to a Darkseid-level villain (there has to be a character in DC's history who's only appeared once or twice but could be reimagined into a much more prominent threat). So it's her misadventures trying to make that happen, along the way running into various DC regulars both good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I figured I'd make a "pitch a direction" thread for one of DC's lesser focused on characters. Sigrid Nansen received her ice powers from the Norwegian government in an attempt to please her mother. She served on the Justice League International before being replaced by Tora Olafsdotter. She was last seen skinned alive by a villain (because of course she was). She was also one of DC's first bisexual characters.

Anyway, what direction would you guys take Sigrid if you would bring her back?
    I want to her reunite with her sister Kari Nansen/Frostbite.

Having given it some thought, there are two directions I could put Sigrid in.

Checkmate: her origins are as a government created superhero and she'd fit right in with Checkmate. Her smarts as a scientist would also be appreciated.

Multiverse Protection: I've been thinking of a series revolving around an organization that defends the multiverse and deals with universe hopping criminals. I'd put Sigrid in there and see how she reacts to such a thing especially with other versions of her out there.

She was last seen skinned alive by a villain (because of course she was).
    Seriously?!? Man, I don't even want to know. Fellow Global Guardian Tasmanian Devil (Who is gay) was also once skinned by Prometheus who used his pelt for a rug. Interesting coincidence.... (he's gotten better since )

Speaking of the GG, I'd have her and two other former members (maybe Dr Mist and Rising Sun? I don't know, but give the GG their own Trinity) restart the team with her as leader. Maybe their agenda would actually make them condemned by world leaders who have to maintain their political ties and agreements, etc. Throw in Peacemaker as a recurring supporting character - maybe he and Ice Maiden have some chemistry...? Throw in old flame Olivia Reynolds and her U-mind thing too....
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-19-2019 at 07:18 AM.

North?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    . . . She was last seen skinned alive by a villain (because of course she was).
    Seriously?!? Man, I don't even want to know. Fellow Global Guardian Tasmanian Devil (Who is gay) was also once skinned by Prometheus who used his pelt for a rug. Interesting coincidence.... (he's gotten better since )
    I'm assuming the Sigrid Nansen fate was revealed in JSA Classified #19 (January 2007)?

Owner and bartender at a "hero" bar in New York City. Part-time therapist and full-time wisecracker to her superpatrons and the civilians who are coming in looking for a cocktail while they're are "holding out for a hero." Never, ever runs out of ice. Supporting cast: doorman/cashier, two waitstaff, and the resident DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    North?

I'm assuming the Sigrid Nansen fate was revealed in JSA Classified #19 (January 2007)?

I assumed this was going to give her her Super Friends comic look where she would be covered in ice similar to Marvel's Iceman.