BANNED

Default Can DC Comics resolve Original Wally West’s time as the Flash respectfully?

Regardless of how the event will end and how we feel about it: Heroes in Crisis cannot be the ending of the original Wally West’s story. Especially given how Doomsday Clock is slowly going. So my question to all Of you Wally West fans is this: How can DC end Original Wally West story in a respectful manner for the character, his history and his fans ?

Spectacular Member

they can resolve it respectfully, but they won't.

It's possible. Anything is possible in comics. The question is whether they will.

We know that the entire Rebirth initiative was godfathered by Johns. And he likely had plans of some kind for Wally; it's unlikely he'd make Wally the focus of the Rebirth Special and bring him back, tie him to the Manhattan mystery, only to be satisfied with his return and leave him to be used in any way DC pleased. Johns might not have cared much about what was done with Wally until Johns needed him back, but I'm sure Johns had intentions of giving Wally a role in the larger Manhattan story.

But Johns isn't in the position he was then, and it seems like Didio and Lee have more creative influence now. So those plans might be changed, regardless of what Johns intended or wants.

And for all we know, Johns brought Wally back just so he could get a big, "proper" Flash death in a Crisis style Event. Which, sort of, is what has happened.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Probably the best thing to do is just "YOUNG JUSTICE # 1" it and have Wally back at his 2008 status quo without much explanation, except that Barry is now back.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

you can bet he will come running back in the later 'crisis' or does his manner of death preclude him from entering the speed force thus preventing his resurrection? in JLA heavens ladder wally told aquaman that all the speedsters enter the speed force upon death providing fuel for later speedsters but perhaps it also depends upon the speedster being able to run into it as a speedster who got killed during the chain lightning storyline laments that he couldn't enter the speed force due to his dying by an attack of cobalt blue. anyways rebirth and doomsday clock may have changed the rules as the speed force seems to have preserved jay although the genie must have erased the JSA accidentally or something.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-17-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As long as Didio is in charge and his insane hatred of the original and 2nd gen Teen Titans continues then no. He will not be happy until they are all dead and the only Titans left are the one created under his watch.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

They can. And it's not that hard.

But they don't want to.

I've been saying this for over ten years now...
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Heroes in Crisis is not the ending of Wally West's story.

You can be certain of that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Regardless of how the event will end and how we feel about it: Heroes in Crisis cannot be the ending of the original Wally West’s story. Especially given how Doomsday Clock is slowly going. So my question to all Of you Wally West fans is this: How can DC end Original Wally West story in a respectful manner for the character, his history and his fans ?
    Make him the main character of the Flash ongoing again. It'll happen eventually when Didio leaves DC. It helps that Barry Allen is a boring characters and his writers have failed to create a meaningful and lasting place in the current DCU.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-17-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    They can. And it's not that hard.

But they don't want to.

I've been saying this for over ten years now...
    I can't believe it's been this long. That's half my life.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

spoilers:
    Wally West was named dropped in Doomsday Clock #9...Even though we don’t know the fate of the character...does anyone think that DC will give him a proper and respectable send off ?
    end of spoilers

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've been saying this for SO long, but one more time...
    We CAN have Barry and Wally BOTH as the Flash.
    There was no need to dispose of the Flash Family in the first place.
    It did a serious disservice to the characters, in particular the one they were trying to ram down our throat - Barry.
    There was SO much story potential keeping all the characters involved.
    Unfortunately, Didio didn't like that idea, so here we are and in my opinion, everyone is poorer for the decision.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Heroes in Crisis is not the ending of Wally West's story.

You can be certain of that.
    You think there will be more efforts/opportunities to drag his name through the mud? That he'll really be alive and part of the Suicide Squad or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Wally West was named dropped in Doomsday Clock #9...Even though we don’t know the fate of the character...does anyone think that DC will give him a proper and respectable send off ?
    end of spoilers
    No.