Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Trio De Danger (DBS) VS New 52 Superman, H'el, and Supergirl

The 3 Kryptonians take on the trio de danger.

1) lets assume speed is fairly close all around.
    2) No speed equal.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The brothers get crushed if speeds are not equal.

Even if equal, they aren’t strong enough to tangle with the Kryptonians.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The brothers get crushed if speeds are not equal.

Even if equal, they aren’t strong enough to tangle with the Kryptonians.
    Are you sure? Aren't the brothers verging on Buu levels?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ehh......the anime versions that I know didn’t seem quite as powerful. Pretty sure Buu would destroy them all.

Also pretty sure none are “I bench press a planet” level of physical strength like the Kryptonians are.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Eh, in physical stats, sure. But the two things that make Buu more dangerous (and how he won that exhibition fight) were his more varied powerset (including esoterics) and his lunacy.

The anime versions are the ones that made Buu get serious. Sure, he beat Basil up, but it's not like he was dozens of times more powerful. He just had a clear edge.

Another recent thread had Raditz beating Hulk and Thor etc and nobody seemed to mind that conclusion. Just seems weird to me that guys presented as being at least a hundred gazillion wazzilion (real numbers) times as powerful as Raditz couldn't just spam energy at the bell and explode Superman and friends.

I guess im just confused on the wiiiide variety of answers DBZ fight threads seem to get.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The anime versions are the ones that made Buu get serious. Sure, he beat Basil up, but it's not like he was dozens of times more powerful. He just had a clear edge.

Another recent thread had Raditz beating Hulk and Thor etc and nobody seemed to mind that conclusion. Just seems weird to me that guys presented as being at least a hundred gazillion wazzilion (real numbers) times as powerful as Raditz couldn't just spam energy at the bell and explode Superman and friends.

I guess im just confused on the wiiiide variety of answers DBZ fight threads seem to get.
    In summary, dear Arbiter.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It's a big struggle when it comes to anime vs. manga, admittedly. But, no joke, watching TFS and summarizing the big battles has led me to believe that the power gaps and jumps between sagas isn't actually as wide as we tend to believe on the board -- wide, yes, but I sometimes think we exaggerate.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Buu >>>>>>> Raditz obviously, but the manga is sometimes less concerned about quantifying or explaining the gap than the anime, which often has the filler of additional powerlevel readings, preferring to leave things more open ended. That's how we get Roshi rejoining the team; I don't think the manga actually took the time to even write up a single line saying that he's been training, whereas the anime had a sub-arc all about it.

This is why I wish Dragon Ball would show off different powersets more often; i.e. in the Tournament of Power, we saw a variety of esoteric powers that our heroes could never dream of, or had some kind of stat advantage at the cost of another stat (like Magetta having superior strength and durability but not speed or skill) -- because at least then you don't have to worry about an automatic and ingrained hierarchy. Moreso we also see some greater feats in earlier sagas but not used in more powerful forms that makes it hard to reconcile; the battle against the Recoome arguably had less collateral damage than the fight with Raditz and his mountain-destroying nuclear blast, for example. Or in the ToP, you've a complete field of planet busters and the only thing stopping them is the No Kill Rule, and yet planet-busting power and their skill as martial artists really should mean that clearing the field non-lethally would be child's play, too.

So yeah, the wide variety of answers these threads seem to get are here to stay, dagnabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In summary, dear Arbiter.
    Ding ding ding.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As someone who has been literally down this line of argument with regards to DBZ before and I honestly agree with the supposition because DBZ has never been about perfectly algorithmic power escalation more that it is about cool fight scenes and ****...

Yeah, I'm getting into the shelter on this one because these threads don't go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As someone who has been literally down this line of argument with regards to DBZ before and I honestly agree with the supposition because DBZ has never been about perfectly algorithmic power escalation more that it is about cool fight scenes and ****...

Yeah, I'm getting into the shelter on this one because these threads don't go well.
    I'ma roast some weenies in the flame war to come. You interested ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm not gonna start anything! I mean if someone comes in all triggered by my stuff, then maybe lol. But not me personally. :P

I've got an interest in DBZ stuff but have never had much interest in changing board perceptions of the characters. I just want to know what i can and cannot attempt to argue with this stuff.

I mean, years ago, before I took my break, ssj3 Goku was superman level. When I got back on, Frieza would stomp him in threads. Raditz can fry Hulk/Thor. Guys nearly Buu level might not beat Nu Superman!?

HELP.
    - big_adventure

I'm not gonna start anything! I mean if someone comes in all triggered by my stuff, then maybe lol. But not me personally. :P

I've got an interest in DBZ stuff but have never had much interest in changing board perceptions of the characters. I just want to know what i can and cannot attempt to argue with this stuff.

I mean, years ago, before I took my break, ssj3 Goku was superman level. When I got back on, Frieza would stomp him in threads. Raditz can fry Hulk/Thor. Guys nearly Buu level might not beat Nu Superman!?

HELP.
    Also Aquaman made a billion dollars.

As for Nu52, suffice to say, power levels got pretty crazy. Superman benching the Earth for five days without sunlight level crazy.

Not sure whats up with Rebirth though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Also Aquaman made a billion dollars.

As for Nu52, suffice to say, power levels got pretty crazy. Superman benching the Earth for five days without sunlight level crazy.

Not sure whats up with Rebirth though.
    Aquaman made a billion!?
    - big_adventure

Aquaman made a billion!?
    $1,036,815,619 currently.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The foreign market is no joke. Surprised it did so ... mediocre, domestic though. Thought it was the best DC movie by far.

Arx Inosaan