Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    While that was fun, it's also not new lol.
    Ha! I know! It's just fun to see!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Ha! I know! It's just fun to see!
    True, true

from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 4 (April 1983)

from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 4 (March 1986)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-26-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 4 (March 1986)
    The Elektra entry in OHOTMU was the first time (perhaps ONLY time) I’d ever seen Bill Sienkiewicz’s Art “tamed” in such a manner. Joe Rubinstein inked all the different artists for those entries to give some consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The Elektra entry in OHOTMU was the first time (perhaps ONLY time) I’d ever seen Bill Sienkiewicz’s Art “tamed” in such a manner. Joe Rubinstein inked all the different artists for those entries to give some consistency.

That's a really interesting interview with Bill. You can tell with the amount of art he has created post Elektra:Assassin that he has a genuine affinity with the character.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Frank Miller!!!

Daredevil The Man Without Fear #3 Dec 1993
    "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear"
    Elektra is falling from the cliff. She crashes through the ice and into the water.
    Matt jumps in after her. He is trying to find her underwater, but cannot.
    He rushes to the surface to get a breath. As he does he can hear Elektra laughing as she speeds away in her car.
    Matt gets home, drenched and pissed. Foggy tells him where she lives.

Matt show up at Elektra’s mansion. There is a party going on and security is tight.
    Matt manages to sneak through the grounds and gets into Elektra’s room.
    He feels all of her first place trophies for swimming, track, aikido, kendo, karate… Matt starts down the hall and a dog charges him.
    He kicks the dog and then kicks a guard through the window. Beneath the window is a room of glass where the party is being held.
    Elektra is playing the piano. The guard crashes through the glass ceiling and right onto the piano. Elektra never stops playing.
    The guards take aim and fire up at the window where Matt is standing. He takes off running. Matt is upset with himself for breaking the rules again.

Matt is shot as he makes his mistake.

Matt is back at his apartment. He is cleaning up his gunshot wound blocking out his senses to keep conscious.
    When he stops the bleeding and lets the world back in, he realizes he isn't alone, and it isn't Foggy.
    Foggy is at the door locked out. Matt says to give him a minute.
    Twenty minutes later Foggy is sitting at the door and Elektra walks out.
    Foggy walks in and the place is a mess and Matt is sitting on the floor with a smile on his face.

Elektra is in the city. She sees a group of 5 gangbangers who she overhears them bragging about what they've done to innocent women.
    She lures them into a dark alley. The block off the way out and she begins to undress. She promises not to scream.
    Two of them go to hold her while another pulls out a knife to cut off what little clothes she has left on.
    She kicks him in his junk and knees him in the jaw, snapping a vertebrae and killing him instantly.

The others attack but eventually she kills all of them.

Elektra and Matt are training together, falling more and more in love.
    Matt can’t even concentrate in class. One night Stick wakes Matt up and threatens him.
    Tells Matt to stay away from Elektra, that she is dangerous.
    Matt doesn't listen though. Unfortunately, not long after, Elektra's father is killed and she must leave Matt.

He doesn't understand, he only knows his heart is broken.

Don Rigoletto is meeting with his men. They are complaining that they are being out competed.
    Rigoletto refuses to murder children, or cater to unholy perversions, nor will they flood their streets with crack cocaine.
    He is upset and sends his men away. Wilson Fisk comes up behind him and begins to give him a massage as Rigoletto tries to relax.
    Kingpin then snaps his neck and takes his place ready to become the Kingpin of the city.

Script by Frank Miller https://13thdimension.com/the-dark-k...a-celebration/,
    pencils by John Romita Jr., inks by Al Williamson.

A new printing of Elektra:Assassin is coming this August.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elektra-Ass...OlL&ref=plSrch

Astonishing Member

from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 4 (April 1983)

from
    I'm so glad I own the original issues these came out in. It's funny, while both Frank's and Bill's renditions of Elektra are obviously spectacular, they each bring out something different in the character. Frank brings out a strength and rawness to her, while Bill (at least in this image) brings out a sort of grace and elegance.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Lovely Mike Deodato pencils
    IMG_20190129_210613.jpg

A couple of other Marvel Handbook entries:

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 8 (July 1991)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Daredevil (2004)

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    This is my favourite Elektra solo run and one of my favourite comic runs of all time. Blackman totally nailed Elektra's voice and Del Mundo's art was stunning!
    Definitely an enjoyable run, though I must admit the recent (2017) "Always Bet on Red" 5-issue series by Matt Owens and Juann Cabal was entertaining.

(I actually have started liking this outfit for Elektra!)

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    A new printing of Elektra:Assassin is coming this August.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elektra-Ass...OlL&ref=plSrch
    The Amazon U.S. site also lists a date of "August 13, 2019" (a Tuesday), so that would mean it should probably be available from local comic book shops (at least here in the U.S.) Wednesday, August 7th or perhaps even late July 2019?

Definitely an enjoyable run, though I must admit the recent (2017) "Always Bet on Red" 5-issue series by Matt Owens and Juann Cabal was entertaining.

(I actually have started liking this outfit for Elektra!)
    I'm not going to lie, I thought this was a pretty weak interpretation of Elektra in this mini. Some bits were okay, but her voice was wrong and they were trying to make her too much like the Netflix version of her. And as for the Netflix/Strider costume, I only liked it when it was drawn by Marquez in The Defenders and some design sketches by sienkiewicz, so I'm very pleased it's been abandoned now.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."