Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Elektra Appreciation: Lady in Red 2019 Appreciation

This thread is reserved for discussing Elektra Natchios... Warrior. Ninja. Assassin. Elektra is...the deadliest woman in the world!
    I didn't see a 2019 one and the old one was locked so here's the new one!

Reeling from her father's death, Elektra lost faith in justice and fled to Europe. Attempting to infiltrate the Hand with honorable intentions, Elektra eventually fell in with them and became one of their most talented assassins.
    Years later she re-emerged in New York having left the Hand, and over the course of a couple of death's she has walked a fine line between the path of good and evil.

Elektra is currently popping up in random comics... Hoping for more appearances in 2019!

"I am Elektra Natchios. Not even the stars are safe in the sky"

Been a fan of Elektra since I received her graphic novel on my 15th birthday.
    elektra-hc.jpg
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-18-2019 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Last edited by Winterboy; 01-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Shared this in some other threads but here's a Women of Marvel fashion spread by W. Scott Forbes.
    Elektra is on the right in Versace! Get him to draw an Elektra book please!

Last edited by vitaminbee; 01-18-2019 at 11:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Been a fan of Elektra since I received her graphic novel on my 15th birthday.
    elektra-hc.jpg
    Oh man, to me, the Miller/Varley team did a magnificent job on this one.

BANNED

Daredevil The Man Without Fear #2 Nov 1993
    "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear"
    Matt must identify the body of his father. He is able to get the scents of the killers.
    McHale and Gillian are drunk walking the streets. Matt taunts them and lures them into a dark alley.
    An hour later a cop is standing over their beaten and bloody bodies.
    One of them mumbles to the cop that they were attacked by Jack Murdock, but that they had killed him.

Next, Marcello and Slade are at the gym. Slade is training, hitting the heavy bag. T
    he lights go out and Slade tries to find Marcello. He trips over his body, beaten on the floor.
    A spotlight shines down in the middle of the boxing ring and Matt Murdock is standing there with a mask on.
    He tosses his bat aside and Slade steps into the ring.
    Slade towers over him, but Matt takes out his knee and, with a roll of pennies in his hand, punches him in the face continuously.
    Slade is out. The door opens and Fixer sees what is happening.
    He makes a run for it, telling his driver Angelo to get them out of there. Matt follows the car from the rooftops.

Matt jumps on top of the car, and the car crashes. Fixer jumps out and runs into the subway. Matt follows him.
    Fixer has his gun out and pointed at Matt, but Matt just keeps walking towards him. Matt can hear the Fixer’s heart.
    It’s pounding and fluttering, and then it stops. Fixer is dead and Angelo is the only one left.

Matt tracks Angelo to a brothel. Matt jumps through the window and onto Angelo. Matt is attacked by a number of the women there.
    Matt thrashes trying to get free and one of the women goes flying out of the window to her death.
    Matt runs of horrified at what he had just done. He runs back to the gym yelling for Stick, but Stick isn’t there.
    Stick is a few blocks away talking with Stone.

He tells Stone that after the nights events Matt has failed and is of no use to them.

One year later Matt is attending Columbia University.
    He is consoling his roommate and friend Franklin “Foggy” Nelson, who has been picked on by another student named Brad.
    The next night Brad is found naked and tied up on the tennis courts with a warning to leave Foggy alone.
    The next morning Brad apologizes to Foggy for the way he had been acting.
    A girl named Cathy hits on Matt, but he will have nothing of it and walks off to class.

Later that night, after Foggy has fallen asleep, Matt gets dressed and takes to the rooftops.
    He is running wild up there, dancing with the night. Suddenly he catches a scent of a woman up there with him.

She takes off and he chases. He follows her through the park. She has left articles of clothing as a trail.
    The cops arrive and detain him. He remembers the woman who fell to her death and decides to follow the rules and not run.
    They see no girl and realize that he is blind. Elektra is getting dressed, watching on and smiling.
    The cops tell him it was dumb of him to be walking through the park at that time of night alone.

The next day Matt is walking with Foggy. Elektra pulls up in her car and without a word from either her or Matt,
    he jumps into the car leaving Foggy behind, who is upset that she almost ran them over. She’s driving like a maniac and Matt likes it.
    It makes him feel alive. She stops and they get out. They are standing at the edge of a cliff.
    She tells Matt that they are two of a kind, different from everyone else. They live on the brink, drawn to the edge, and sometimes over.

She leans back over the cliff and Matt is again reminded of the woman who he knocked to her death.

Script by Frank Miller, pencils by John Romita Jr., inks by Al Williamson.

Oh yay her new thread is open! Fingers crossed for some more regular appearances for her this year. Has anyone been getting the MK 20 mini series? I was going to, but kept forgetting about it! I'm assuming it's some sort of out of continuity storyline?

I've been getting it, it's kind of interesting and definitely seems out of continuity for now. Elektra hasn't had much to do, and I doubt that'll change in the last issue.

BTW, thanks vitaminbee for starting the new thread!