View Poll Results: What was your opinion of Reign of the Supermen animated movie?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it! Even better than Death of Superman

8 15.38%
  • Good. A solid follow up.

40 76.92%
  • Below average

3 5.77%
  • Hated it!

1 1.92%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reign of the Supermen animated movie, your thoughts (Spoilers welcome)

I thought it was a pretty solid movie but it definitely had some issues.

I thought all the Supermen had a good showing. Steel was awesome (though they never mentioned his also being inspired by John Henry the steel driving man), Superboy was funny and charming, Eradicator was an emotionless force of destruction, and Cyborg Superman was a pretty intimidating villain.

They had to crame two worlds together and it hurts the movie a bit. The filmmakers not only had to tell the story of Reign but they had to include the Justice League animated world that they have already created. I liked how they took the League off the table but I found the sequence a little silly as the team just happen to assemble in a clump for no reason.

I loved seeing Lois and Diana form a bond. Superman using the Seinfeld worlds colliding reference was funny. Lots a nice little references and winks to the audience. Superboy using 90s slang from watching too many old sitcoms. Rain Wilson’s Lex has become one of my favorite interpretations of the character. A perfect mix of arrogant nerd, brilliant super villain, and all around jerk. His “Make Metropolis Safe Again” slogan made me laugh.

One of my biggest complaints was that they used that god awful Darkseid design again. Easily the ugliest version of Darkseid ever. It’s like Thanos’ costume vomited all over him.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-17-2019 at 05:09 PM.