View Poll Results: What was your opinion of Reign of the Supermen animated movie?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it! Even better than Death of Superman

8 15.38%
  • Good. A solid follow up.

40 76.92%
  • Below average

3 5.77%
  • Hated it!

1 1.92%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yeah, that was my interpretation as well. I do wish Henshaw had been an energy being, like the comics, so that he could have transferred himself elsewhere in the Watchtower and return in a future film. The way this played out, he seemed pretty dead.

Speaking of, I got a chuckle out of Superman refusing to kill Henshaw and then immediately stabbing him in the skull with a crystal so the A.I. could kill him instead lol
    Saw that scene on YouTube, and all I could think of was the end of the PC game "Diablo" lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Green Lantern saying “I have the shot” as he aims a bazooka construct at Superboy cracked me up.

Yeah that was funny,Bats was all for it.i would have died if they had a scene where they were altogether and SB was trying to tell them what to do and they all were like wtf...never mind that's more a Damian thing

I liked it. I'll vote a good solid followup.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I liked it. I'll vote a good solid followup.
    I'm guessing eradicator and henshaw are done,Steel will be background wallpaper in a in universe JL movie,and SB will be in the next Titans movie.

Mighty Member

I really liked the film, overall.

Question though, for those who might have caught it when I didn't: Did they ever explain why the Eradicator wears the glasses? Obviously they're copying the look from the comic, but at least the original story made him sensitive to light. I didn't catch any reference to them here, save for giving him some kind of warning to withdraw during the first fight with Cyborg.

BANNED

man lex Luthor sure got away with a lot of things in the movie.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I really liked the film, overall.

Question though, for those who might have caught it when I didn't: Did they ever explain why the Eradicator wears the glasses? Obviously they're copying the look from the comic, but at least the original story made him sensitive to light. I didn't catch any reference to them here, save for giving him some kind of warning to withdraw during the first fight with Cyborg.

My theory is that it is because he is a energy construct,and other forms of energy can possibly actually hurt him(notice henshaws heat vision visually actually hurt him) or blind him

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    man lex Luthor sure got away with a lot of things in the movie.
    Yeah he was evil as hell in this movie,glad SB got away from him,but sad he didnt kick his "dads" teeth in.thought he was going to in the car,when lex had a hold of his face and you see SB play with the window again,it got lex to stop.

I enjoyed it a lot. Obviously they had to fit a pretty long story into an hour and a half long movie, but they did it well enough. I loved Conner he was probably the biggest highlight for me, just his attitude and actions made me remember why I was a big Superboy fan in the 90s. I also kind of liked Darkseid's inclusion in the story being the one who sent Doomsday and all that. Definitely better than his comic origin imo. Curious to see where they take the DCA universe now, maybe a Forever Evil adaptation?

Kon93

One thing that bothers me is that if darkseid has the ability to create doomsday and cyborg superman then why hasn't he made a army of them, they would be unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    One thing that bothers me is that if darkseid has the ability to create doomsday and cyborg superman then why hasn't he made a army of them, they would be unstoppable
    I see the point with Cyborg Superman, but with Doomsday he could probably be a prototype first of his kind sort of thing. Who knows? Since Clark took out Cyborg Superman pretty easily once he was at full power which proves he isn't that strong either way, so if Darkseid were to make more I'm sure the Supes and the Justice League could handle them. Though the prospect of Darkseid having a Doosmday army is pretty scary.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    They never did say he explicitly created Doomsday. We only know he directed the monster to earth. He also looked pretty bound up. He didn't just hop out of a boom tube. Darkseid may not have been able to control Doomsday like Hank. So even if he could replicate the monster, why create an army of monsters that can adapt to any attacker? They just eventually kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Superham View Post
    They never did say he explicitly created Doomsday. We only know he directed the monster to earth. He also looked pretty bound up. He didn't just hop out of a boom tube. Darkseid may not have been able to control Doomsday like Hank. So even if he could replicate the monster, why create an army of monsters that can adapt to any attacker? They just eventually kill you.
    I’m glad they didn’t have Darkseid explicitly say “I created Doomsday”. Still leaves it open to fan theories. Darkseid has used Doomsday as a weapon on numerous occasions. It’s definitely possible he just aimed Doomsday at earth.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m glad they didn’t have Darkseid explicitly say “I created Doomsday”. Still leaves it open to fan theories. Darkseid has used Doomsday as a weapon on numerous occasions. It’s definitely possible he just aimed Doomsday at earth.

I like this idea way more than Darkseid creating him.

I don't like the idea of Darkseid creating Doomsday. I would like to think that Doomsday's origin is the same but Darkseid was the one sending ships to pick him up and send him to other planets. Superboy and Lex were my favourite characters in this movie.