View Poll Results: What was your opinion of Reign of the Supermen animated movie?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it! Even better than Death of Superman

8 15.38%
  • Good. A solid follow up.

40 76.92%
  • Below average

3 5.77%
  • Hated it!

1 1.92%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    First of all, I never said forcing Clark and Diana together resulted in everyone rejecting it, but it did create a niche audience for it.

That's the pre-flashpoint date I was referring to. One date. ONE. They never went out again after it. Diana was never his romantic partner until 2011, and Diana threw that relationship under the bus once N52 Superman (an inferior Manhattan-made copy I may add) died.

That also doesn't disprove my point more people watch the animated shows and movies than they read comics, and in both of the former cases, Diana is closer to Bruce.

N52 Clark and Diana's relationship hadn't been gone too long when that magazine came out, you can't blame it for citing it as an event, so that proves nothing.

The DCAU connection was very real, Diana loved Steve, but he was an old man by the end of their story together, and she tried to move back on to Bruce, but Bruce is Bruce so nothing happened. There is evidence in that show Bruce did love Diana though.

I have no interest in debating this with you. S/WW has always felt forced to me, it had it's chance, and it failed.
    I have no big interest in debating this with you either but you started so I had to respond.

And in the same animated movies there is a clear romance going on with Superman and WW and they even kiss. I don't remember her and Bruce ever kissing in the animated show or movies.

Obviously the Superman/WW romance is not meant to be his main love interest in all media. It is Lois Lane. I understand that because Lois came first and she is his iconic lady (and WW is her own franchise). But there is also Lana, Diana, and others that he at times seems interested in and I see nothing wrong with it. Like I said, this is just make believe not real life. It's fun for me to explore other possibilities and realities.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-12-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I have no big interest in debating this with you either but you started so I had to respond.

And in the same animated movies there is a clear romance going on with Superman and WW and they even kiss. I don't remember her and Bruce ever kissing in the animated show or movies.

Obviously the Superman/WW romance is not meant to be his main love interest in all media. It is Lois Lane. I understand that because Lois came first and she is his iconic lady (and WW is her own franchise). But there is also Lana, Diana, and others that he at times seems interested in and I see nothing wrong with it. Like I said, this is just make believe not real life. It's fun for me to explore other possibilities and realities.
    Diana did make out with Bruce at one point in the old JL cartoon. Not that I have strong feelings about this pairing (though I prefer it to Clark and Diana).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Actually, I'd say Steve and Batman more than Clark.
    Really? When batman wonder woman happened in the comics down to it happening solely because of bruce timms animated justice league, the only people who cared where bat fans who where happy that wonder woman was another notch to the bat bedpost and when the batman wonder woman comic was announced people just groaned at the idea.

And while I can't deny Steve's place in the wonder woman comics you can't deny there is a reason he didn't appear in wonder woman comics for a good few decades.

On the other hand when the superman wonder woman relationship was announced it made news, henry cavill and gal gadot was asked a few times if their relationship would be touched upon in BVS (not even a face to face conversation, Thanks Zack), and earned a series which sold well. Plus there is a greater history between the character then just one date in action comics #600.

And even on these boards as I've yet to see the batman wonder woman relationship appreciation forum get a 2019 update and also Superman wonder woman is the third most talked about subject on the Lois and clark board behind film frames of the Lois and clark tv show and smallvile.

One last thing, which one of these "Imaginary" (Isn't all fiction imaginary?) stories did Superman and wonder woman divorce, didn't know there was one?

Kon93

Hey guys, wasn't the 4 supermen, and the return of Superman great, you know what the movie was all about?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Hey guys, wasn't the 4 supermen, and the return of Superman great, you know what the movie was all about?
    Yes it was great although it felt a little over stuffed and could have used a longer running time to properly flesh out the story especially when combined with the return of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yes it was great although it felt a little over stuffed and could have used a longer running time to properly flesh out the story especially when combined with the return of Superman.
    I feel like they were able to capture and convey the story, core of each of the Supermen, Lois' stuff, and Superman's return as well as you could in a single movie, because they weren't going to make a trilogy out of this (even Dark Knight Returns only got two movies).

I definitely think, overall, this duology captured the story much better then Doomsday did (and I liked Doomsday).