Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The TT era might not need fixing if the Kents, at the very least Martha, come back. Which I do think is still a possibility. If Doomsday Clock comes and goes without doing it, then its not happening, but until then (whenever the damn book finishes), I think its possible.
    Let's call it "the end of the Manhattan plot" rather than "Doomsday Clock" because at this point, I'm pretty sure we're looking at a big Crisis style Event to fix the currently broken continuity, and I think Clock is just going to lead into it, rather than actually doing it.

And at this point I'm at a place where I figure why not. I think they work best for Superman deceased and always will, but I know what version of Superman this essentially is again. There's really no point in keeping the small sliver of pre-Crisis/New 52 stuff that remains anyway, that's template is gone, so I'll accept it if they come back into continuity.
    Oh, will I ever bitch and moan about if the Kents come back! I'll still read if the book is good of course, but I won't be happy about them being alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    So wait, so Conner Kent hasn't been around since 2015 when he was in Teen Titans? Then 3+ years later he shows in in Young Justice? Any mention as to where he's been all that time?
    I think he's been in Gemworld or something like that? I didn't get my copy of YJ (it'll be here this week) but I think the mystery of where Conner's been is a pretty big part of his arc. Right now in post-Reborn continuity, Conner was absent from the Death-Return of Superman and didn't exist at all until the New52 version came along (if that's even canon anymore). So I think it's not just Conner showing up after a unexplained absence; it's a Conner who shouldn't exist at all.

But as I understand it, Conner only showed up for the big "last page reveal" in issue 1, so we won't start getting any answers until next issue. And knowing Bendis, it'll be issue 25 before we have all the answers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This. It'll happen for some contrived reason. It's comics; the heroes always fight before teaming up together. The question is when, why, and who wins? I'm guessing.....late 2019 or early 2020, mind control, and Jon.

Hell, Jon has fought his father and Damian, and I didn't read the story but didn't he fight the Teen Titans as well? Right now, I think the only hero Jon has met for more than three minutes and *hasn't* fought is Wonder Woman. Maybe he's never taken a swing at Bruce either.....not sure on that one.
    Superboy vs. Superboy…. Oh yeah, it's happened before, it'll happen again.

No Bendis is not setting up a battle between the the Superboy, will there be one in the future ...possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Bendis is setting up Jon for a new Legion of Superheroes book he keeps teasing. That is the main reason he aged him up. They have not come out and said it, but I would bet you that is what they have planned. He knows a book titled Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes will sell better than just a plain Legion of Superheroes book would.
    I 100% believe this and thought this as soon as Jon was aged up, Bendis wanted a super character on Leigion of Superheroes.

Kon93

I think they will feel that family bond from living together in Hamilton when Jon was very young and stop fighting after a few pages of fun comic sparring.

Astonishing Member

Kon and Jon fighting makes no sense. The Super Family isn't the Bat Family with members feuding over nonsense. In fact, the Bat Family would be better off if the characters feuded less.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Kon and Jon fighting makes no sense. The Super Family isn't the Bat Family with members feuding over nonsense. In fact, the Bat Family would be better off if the characters feuded less.
    Full on fight, of course not, but a Lil 5 second scuffle because of a misunderstanding, I can see that. Then the hugs

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Kon- I'm the teen male member of this family!
    Jon- I'm the real son!
    Kon- I came first!
    Jon- You were erased first!
    Kon- You were erased worst!

If Bendis can get away with having Barry say "Caca-poopoo", then he can get away with something pretty petty.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I feel like they'd get along fine, Jon might even think Kon is cool, but would fight for fun at the end of the issue more as a brotherly contest than anything. The book would end as they each connect a hit thinking it's cool having a superbrother, essentially.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I feel like they'd get along fine, Jon might even think Kon is cool, but would fight for fun at the end of the issue more as a brotherly contest than anything. The book would end as they each connect a hit thinking it's cool having a superbrother, essentially.

Holy crap that was Rocky VS Apollo at the end of the 3rd movie(I think) lol.